How to prepare for death for my character? pick a successor? denar/Inventory items transfer to successor?

Users who are viewing this thread

So as my main character ages to 40s, I just wondering how to prepare for death in this game??

would there be any hint for death is coming? and you need to prepare for successor?

what about all my items in inventory? does it automatically transfer to new successor?
How to pick a successor?

if your brother/wife in law die, do you get their armor/weapon and other items??

Thanks for explaining.

-Character need to be 48 to start to have a chance to die of old age.
-you get a message on the map and you HP turns green IIRC and you have 7 days where your hp slowly drops until you finally die.
-You choose an heir to posses once you actually Die
-I would put everything is a stash and troops in a garrison, because this part has many bug reports and complaints, I think you're supposed to retain everything's but it doesn't seem to always happen.
-No. Only if they die in battle and arei n your party, then you can take thier gear off in the post battle loot screen, otherwise it goes poof.
Almost no players die of old age so this feature has a huge potential for unkown bugs.

-I would put everything is a stash and troops in a garrison, because this part has many bug reports and complaints, I think you're supposed to retain everything's but it doesn't seem to always happen.
-No. Only if they die in battle and arei n your party, then you can take thier gear off in the post battle loot screen, otherwise it goes poof.
Almost no players die of old age so this feature has a huge potential for unkown bugs.
Having died during my first playthrough on 1.0.3, I didn't have any issues dying and all worn equipment transferred to my heir's inventory. I don't recommend stripping yourself naked because then your portrat in the Encyclopedia will be nude whenever you look it up... it'll be awkward as hell lol.

I had no idea you could take items off of dead companions in your party though.

And the amount of time until death is a variable dependent on the quality of your doctor and any perks associated with health regeneration. Basically, it could take you a season or so if you have a max-quality doctor and your character has a couple HP regen perks but I guess if you un-assign your doctor and don't have any helpful perks it could be 7 days. The amount of HP you lose (per day? Per tick?) escalates over time, so it'll drop by 50 or so per day once it reaches its final stages.

-Character need to be 48 to start to have a chance to die of old age.
-you get a message on the map and you HP turns green IIRC and you have 7 days where your hp slowly drops until you finally die.
-You choose an heir to posses once you actually Die
another issue is with companion ages. As our first main character gets old, so does companions available in the pool.
Does companion dies naturally for old age??

If I choose my son/daughter as heir, I also need to train a younger doctor/engineer/quarter master

Companions would rather die in battle than from old age)))
True loot mod allows you to return equipment after the battle, without looting with an exploit.

Companions would rather die in battle than from old age)))
True loot mod allows you to return equipment after the battle, without looting with an exploit.
so what about those un-recruit companions? would they die in old ages??
I need some younger compainions to grow up with my successor.....

I don't need some 60s years old compainion that is likely to die very soon. Then I have to hire new one..... no age discrimination.... haha

I don't need some 60s years old compainion that is likely to die very soon. Then I have to hire new one..... no age discrimination.... haha
In the beta version it gets rid of some companions every few days and spawns new ones. However the ages are still all over the place, it would be better if they always stat at 20 and that spawned clan mates also were 20. I wouldn't expect any consideration for ongoing games or multigeneration play in the base game though.

In version 1.0.3, they do eventually die of old age and it is pretty much always best to hire young ones since they'll not only live longer but grow faster as well (XP gain rates decline with age). Personally, I'd recommend raising your heir to handle INT-related party functions to reduce dependency on them, but when that's not an option... you gotta source some youngsters and get them ready.

Well, if the new normal is going to be wanderers appearing and disappearing within mere days then I guess we'll have to hit up every tavern and hope we get lucky on the dice rolls. However, XP gains will apparently be much faster (or rather XP required to level skill ups will be much lower) so maybe it'll even out.

You actually don't have to prepare for death. Everything just works well.

As for preparing an Heir, its also easy and fast.

Back
Top Bottom