Player Death To Punishing

Users who are viewing this thread

In my peronal opinion Player death how it is right now is kinda lame. I spent way to many hours on my character for it to just all fade away. This instantly make me wanne enable cheats. I would like there to be away so that i can transfer my skills(most of them) onto my next character. Maybe the player can choose an apprentice/succesor at the age of 35 at wich that apprentice will start gaining the players skills at a more rapid phase (with the limitation that he/she can't leave the players party).
I don't know how other people feel about dying in this game tho. It might just be me but I feel like way to much progression gets lost (might aswell start a new save).

You can disable player death in battle and from old age in settings, when you start a campaign

I consider it an integral part of the game since the threat of death and the knowledge that you'll inevitably die (unless you manage to unite the continent or accomplish your personal ultimate goal very quickly) are key drivers to the tension of the game and motivators to get married and have kids.

Besides, your child, if you made one prior to dying, will level up RAPIDLY to the point of likely eclipsing your original protagonist within just a couple years. They get so many Attribute and Focus points that, when combined with the high growth rates young people have in general, make them absolute giga-chads extremely quickly and the inherit all your equipment, money, fiefs, etc. so all those assets support them further.

You can replay death combat, and even load a save when your character dies of old age and the game gives you the choice to live on.
But there are three mechanisms to take your character out of the game at the initial stage and play as another character.
If you want a successor, then you have younger relatives, teach them, although it will be much longer than you yourself or your older brother who immediately has skills and points.

Back
Top Bottom