How to copy items from one mod to the other (Tutorial)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, Just going to resurrect this thread here since from what I've read, this is about adding acouple of items from one mod to another.

Now, I've been working on a Personal Mod for quite some time. I've taken L&Rs and Completely modified Three factions, and I'm left with the Nords and the Vaegirs untouched. I've been meaning to take the contents of several mods (All Weapons/Armors) And merge them with this Personal project so I can have access to more of the Weapons/Armor in the TroopEditor.

Is there anyway I could get a Tutorial on how to do this properly? Im not the greatest at modding M&B, but I've done many tweaks in it and such, and I'm not a complete noob to it.

Thanks for reading, I hope you can help me out here. Currently the Nords being Vikings and Vaegirs being, well the Vaegirs doesn't really fit with the Context I'm going for.

Thanks again, Twitchy

PS: Its perfectly fine if you PM me them instead of commenting on the thread. ^^

Hello, im having a problem with this. Does it matter if i lose count of the numbers and put a wrong under the tab itemsfile version?
Ohh....Problems are coming through my door and windows, anyway. I get an rgl error: get_object failed for texture : splintered_greaves_a_spec.
Thank you for reading, or at least scrolling over my post. :lol:

Great tutorial :smile:
I'm having a problem because I can't get BRF editor to work, and I'm trying to put thre LotR weapons into warband.
I've done everything else, just need to get the right BRFs so it doesn't crash on the loading screen.
This is the error with the editor.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
at_CxxThrowException(Void*, _s_ThrowInfo* )
at brf.Parser.parse(StreamReader* reader, ResourceCollection* res, Int32 version)
at
brt.loadMaterials(basic_string<char\,std::char_traits<char>\,std::allocator<char>>*fname, ResourceCollection* col)
at BRFEdit.Form1.loadMaterialsFromBrf(SByte* filename, Booleanprompt_them)

Edit: Taught myself how to do the Brf stuff through a different program, and also improved the graphics a little (or fixed them from the port from original to WB).

Still curious on how to edit what items in a chest (in order to insert items in rather then just sticking in shops and waiting until you find it)?

A little hint for if the item is not buyable.
Just simply copy an item in the list which is comparable. (For example, if you want to add an axe you can just copy the great axe.)
And then change it's mesh.

Edit: I know it's very simple, but hey, it's the apprentice guild! ^^

I it also possible to copy items and troops from M&B Warband mods to M&B mods? Because I want to try to copy ALL the troops and items from Rhûn, from the Blood in the West mod (warband) to the Last Days mod (not warband). Sorry if my english is not so good. I'm Dutch.

Wel dan antwoord ik even in het Nederlands.
Sommige items kun je overzetten van M&B naar WB, maar voor de meeste moeten ze gedraaid worden. Dat kan denk ik met een gewoon programma voor modellen, maar ikzelf ken daar niets van.
Ze worden namelijk anders geconfigureerd. (De onderkant van je armour wijst bijvoorbeeld naar jou voorkant e.d.)
En je Engels is eigenlijk helemaal niet slecht. :smile:

Lord Tim said:
Wel dan antwoord ik even in het Nederlands.
Sommige items kun je overzetten van M&B naar WB, maar voor de meeste moeten ze gedraaid worden. Dat kan denk ik met een gewoon programma voor modellen, maar ikzelf ken daar niets van.
Ze worden namelijk anders geconfigureerd. (De onderkant van je armour wijst bijvoorbeeld naar jou voorkant e.d.)
En je Engels is eigenlijk helemaal niet slecht. :smile:

Bedankt! Nederlands is inderdaad even wat handiger:smile:
Ik was al een beetje gaan zoeken en uitproberen met die mod programma's, maar er staat zoveel informatie in die tutorials dat ik af en toe niet weet waar ik moet kijken. Ik probeer de Rhûn items en troops ook in de Clash of Kings mod te krijgen wat dan weer makkelijker zou moeten gaan aangezien het allebei WB is. Nu heb ik nog de vraag hoe ik het makkelijkste alle bestanden van de Rhûn Items en troops kan vinden in de module zodat ik ze kan kopiëren. Is daar een handig trucje voor?

Alvast bedankt!

Back
Top Bottom