How to copy items from one mod to the other (Tutorial)

Users who are viewing this thread

kavien said:
[okay, you know now that I am a noob]
what the hell is a BRF editor, and where do I get it?

Sorry for the late reply, the brf editor is an unnoficial tool to open the brf. files that holds the items meshes. you can get it in the forge.

D'Sparil said:
kavien said:
[okay, you know now that I am a noob]
what the hell is a BRF editor, and where do I get it?

Sorry for the late reply, the brf editor is an unnoficial tool to open the brf. files that holds the items meshes. you can get it in the forge.

Thank you.

D'Sparil said:
Hound_of_Culann said:
Was wondering, does the armor code to enable armor to be sold in shops work with clothing also (courtly/nobility outfits)?
Not sure, you can always try tough.

EDIT-Perhaps we could get a code to enable boots for the Khergit boots?  Also a question:  unlike mods where the item files seem accessible, to do this in Native I'm guessing we need the brf editor?  Thanks for the info!
The code for "metallic" foot armor is 65550. So change:

itm_khergit_guard_boots Khergit_Guard_Boots Khergit_Guard_Boots 1  lamellar_boots_a_L 0  3854 0 254 126976 1.000000 100 0 0 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

to:

itm_khergit_guard_boots Khergit_Guard_Boots Khergit_Guard_Boots 1  lamellar_boots_a_L 0  65550 0 254 126976 1.000000 100 0 0 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

You don't need to do anything with the brf to add this boots, the meshes are included in native.

Thanks for the help man!  Sorry, been away for a loooong time.  And just to let anyone know, the code to activate costumes is 553713677.  So now you can look like the noble you deserve to be in your castle.

Very good and clear tutorial, text was good, even I understood all, and you had even multiple choises to do it.

Overall, amazing tutorial, helps a lot.

I'll try this as soon as my brf edit starts to work, lol.

easier, less complicated way of adding items from one mod to another:
1. copy the textures in the textures folder in 'mod 1' to 'mod 2'
2. copy the resource in the resource folder in 'mod 1' to 'mod 2'
3. copy the desired items from the items.kinds1 file in 'mod 1' to 'mod 2' (remember to add the copied items to the total items at the top of the              document)
4. copy the 'Load=mod=resource' in the module.ini folder from mod 1 to mod 2.
5. enjoy

also, if you copied an item that isn't for sale; get the item editor and click on the merchandise box.

kavien said:
easier, less complicated way of adding items from one mod to another:
1. copy the textures in the textures folder in 'mod 1' to 'mod 2'
2. copy the resource in the resource folder in 'mod 1' to 'mod 2'
3. copy the desired items from the items.kinds1 file in 'mod 1' to 'mod 2' (remember to add the copied items to the total items at the top of the              document)
4. copy the 'Load=mod=resource' in the module.ini folder from mod 1 to mod 2.
5. enjoy

also, if you copied an item that isn't for sale; get the item editor and click on the merchandise box.

:roll: Dude, thats exactly what I explained in this tutorial, but in a more detailed way to make sure no mistakes are made in the process.

Oh, just a tiny bit late, but what the hell:
Folthrik said:
HokieBT said:
just a quick note, after adding these items into your mod, if you want to edit stats/flags on existing items I'd suggest using the Unofficial Item Editor.  It should actually translate what codes like 3854, 65550, and others actually mean.  Look for ItemEditor in the Editing Tools forum below:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,22.0.html
Why did you necro this thread?

Because he had useful data to add?

Can some1 say me why I get this error?

And then why my mini char and stuff are buged?

I have to add all the stuff of a mod to the native, so I have to transfer A LOT of stuff, not just one. ^^ This is what happen to me.

nerex said:

I have to add all the stuff of a mod to the native, so I have to transfer A LOT of stuff, not just one. ^^ This is what happen to me.

The error means that a mesh (the 3d model of an item) is missing, meaning that its not included in the brf file you made, or that you forgot to copy it from the original folder, or perhaps you forgot to add it in module.ini

About the second issue: it seems that you somehow scrwed the item types, so that now that helmet acts like an armor, and the armor acts like a weapon. Should be easily fixable with the item editor.

D'Sparil said:
nerex said:

The error means that a mesh (the 3d model of an item) is missing, meaning that its not included in the brf file you made, or that you forgot to copy it from the original folder, or perhaps you forgot to add it in module.ini

About the second issue: it seems that you somehow scrwed the item types, so that now that helmet acts like an armor, and the armor acts like a weapon. Should be easily fixable with the item editor.

The problem is that the meshes that goes to item_kinds1 are just really too much to add it one by one from one mod to the other, so I just copy all the stuff from item_kinds1 or the mod 1 to the mod 2. Is a error? There is a way to put just the right stuff but now one by one?
For the module.ini I have 13 files in resource, and i put 13 "load_resource = name of each one". Is that right at least?

Sorry for my english mate. ^^

Okay, I know this is a necro, but I'm having problems.

I want to add (1) item to native, form the plague mod. I found the item I want, found the texture the mesh and the materials, and put the files in the Native resource folder. I went to the native moduels text, and put the following lines at the very bottom of the page,

load_mod_resource = bonus_costumes_a
load_mod_resource = materials
load_mod_resource = witch_hunter

I found the item in itemkinds1 and copied it and put it at the end of the native itemkinds1. I put the number at the top of the page up 1.

I put the texture in the native textures folder....and the game crashed, what did I do wrong?

D'Sparil said:
Start the game in windowed mode and you should be able to see the error message, tell me what it says so I can help you.

I think the problem is where I'm pasting the lines...

Should they be at the very bottom of it? Or where it has all the load_resource lines?

I reinstalled m&b since I screwed somthing up, (half the helmet textures disapeard) so it migh be a faulty install, i'll take the lines out and see if it loads up.

Also, when I said it crashes, it crashes at the initial load, when I first start it up, Right at the "processing ini."

Back
Top Bottom