How to copy items from one mod to the other (Tutorial)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forget it, I figured it out. I wanted to add only one item, so I out in the entire files with that item, the game crashed because I only put in that items texture, since that was the only one I wanted, and it couldn't find the textures for the other items in that file. I exported that item alone into a new brf. file and made it read that one instead. Problem solved, thanks for the guide.

Would like to say thank you D'sparil. Last night i merged two mods, Custom Settlement by Wickedshot and Cremo's Native improved. Using winmerge. which worked perfectly, and then just to see if i could i took several selected items from EATRC and another mod and put them in also. so i merged three mods...  Damn it feels good when it all worked. I have never modded a thing in my life, other then oblivion which is not really modding when its just point and click.

Couldn't have done it without this noob friendly guide.

CHEERS! today i am a proud panda  :mrgreen:

EDIT: while pushing the boundries even further by editing skins, i have recieved this error when loading up the game.  "attempt to reregister texture xxxxxx.dds"

can't seem to figure out how to fix it for the last hour. when i remove the spacific texture it errors can't find it, then i put it back and get that error. and ideas?

Thanks for the nice comments, and sorry for the late reply.

Pagan said:
EDIT: while pushing the boundries even further by editing skins, i have recieved this error when loading up the game.  "attempt to reregister texture xxxxxx.dds"

can't seem to figure out how to fix it for the last hour. when i remove the spacific texture it errors can't find it, then i put it back and get that error. and ideas?
That error means that the "xxxxx.dds" texture (or whatever is called) is set twice in the brf files. Load up you brf, click on the texture tab, and look for that texture, delete one entry of it, save (back up first) and then see if it works.
I guess you already fixed it, since you released your mod, but it may help someone else  :smile:

what if i want to transfer many armors from one mod to another? can you transfer/replace all items/armors/horses in one easy step? for example dragging a folder from one modual to another?

Sorry, if I cause you to clap your palm on your face, but I still don't get it how it works.  :???:

I'm a total noob, and I never modded M&B before, and I searched the forum and didn't find any answer:

D'Sparil said:
Step 2: Now open a new window of brfeditor (we will call this new file “extra_stuff.brf”).

It wants me to choose a file to open for a new window. Is it again the file I want to "steal" from? Or does it want me to open my target-file? My resources-folder is empty (as the native-module folder is - I copied and renamed it as described in the module documentation) . Also there is no point where I have to name a file...  :?:

Edit: exporting a single item doesn't help either, because the created file is no .brf

This is the point where I got stuck and couldn't follow the tutorial any more. Can somebody please help me?

Joker86 said:
Sorry, if I cause you to clap your palm on your face, but I still don't get it how it works.  :???:

I'm a total noob, and I never modded M&B before, and I searched the forum and didn't find any answer:

D'Sparil said:
Step 2: Now open a new window of brfeditor (we will call this new file “extra_stuff.brf”).

It wants me to choose a file to open for a new window. Is it again the file I want to "steal" from? Or does it want me to open my target-file? My resources-folder is empty (as the native-module folder is - I copied and renamed it as described in the module documentation) . Also there is no point where I have to name a file...  :?:

Edit: exporting a single item doesn't help either, because the created file is no .brf

This is the point where I got stuck and couldn't follow the tutorial any more. Can somebody please help me?
Ummm, can you give me some more details and maybe I could help? Are you trying to get one or a few materials from a mod or all of them?

Edit: I got it! After you've done step one, remember the mesh name and material of the item that you want to "borrow". Then step two, open a new window of BRF edit(just click the BRFedit application again) then click import, browse for the .brf that contains the items you want to borrow, click it then open. There'd be a new small window that lets you select the meshes and materials of the items you want to take. Highlight the meshes of the items you want to take and highlight the materials for the items also. Then click import. Then save the .brf.  You shold be able to follow the rest of the tutorial now.

I had a problem that I will explain to you.

I tried to copy items from the Timeless Kingdoms mod to the Light&Darkness mod

I did everything exactly as you told with no dificultties but the this popped up: get_object failed for texture: ipwar_horse2

What's wrong??? I have the brf editor and I saw the files there, i just dont get it.

Lucius_Dei said:
I had a problem that I will explain to you.

I tried to copy items from the Timeless Kingdoms mod to the Light&Darkness mod

I did everything exactly as you told with no dificultties but the this popped up: get_object failed for texture: ipwar_horse2

What's wrong??? I have the brf editor and I saw the files there, i just dont get it.

Ok, from now on, PM me if you post in this thread, because I rarely check the Apprentice Guild.

Now, Lucius_Dei the texture file might be referenced in the brf file, BUT you need to copy itto the texture folder. So, copy ipwar_horse2.dds from the Timeless kingdo\texture folder to the  Light&Darkness\Textures folder.

I love this guide xD... I'm not so noob anymore, but when I tried to copy and import items with 2 guides already and it was always epic fail after a day's work... This worked in 1 hour  :mrgreen:

So thanks a lot D'Sparil

Lol, that "banner" in your sig "fag man army" is that a mod or something? Where the characters actually look like that?

Hey D'Sparil, do I have to create a new .brf file every time I import an item or can I import a series of items in one .brf file?  Thanks.

I can't get it to work... what am i doing wrong?

I'm pretty sure I did everything you said..

But it keeps giving me an error like:  Can't load textures from strange_items (something like that)

martijntjeeh said:
I can't get it to work... what am i doing wrong?

I'm pretty sure I did everything you said..

But it keeps giving me an error like:  Can't load textures from strange_items (something like that)

Did you delete the strange items textures (or replace them with something else)?

Tbh, if you want people to help people with errors you're going to have to be a bit more specific than "something like that" :???:

What's the error message? I don't think your crash is unrelated to items though. I've only experienced two kinds of errors: Failed attept to reregister texture, missing mesh

Back
Top Bottom