how much do you cheat

Users who are viewing this thread

I would not call TweakMB, or any tweak for that matter, cheating.  Cheating is using the cheat keys to knock out the enemy, or give yourself more money, or increase stats and skills.  Tweaking is just that, making the game more to your play style, cattle follow instead of run, more or less bandits, more income from fiefs to offset high troop wages, stuff like that.

I make a super-godly warrior, with all 10's in the skills. I join one of the factions and uberpwn all of the others (my first save consisted of joining the Rhodoks and turning the entire continent green). I always keep a "clean" character that I use legit, but I like to have fun. Once, my warrior held a castle from 500 troops (battlesize at 500) with 50 of his own. We killed 450 until my health vanished.

OldGreyBeard said:
dhowlett said:
OldGreyBeard said:
I do not cheat!!  :evil: ... etc. ...
:lol:

You disgust me.

So happy to oblige! :lol:
Hey, look at it this way, by me haxoring my character, I've stunted my combat skills so badly that I'm a pushover for the bots in multiplayer! Someday I'll join a "public" server and you can take it out on me!  :lol:

... and I don't play all the games this way, only when I feel the need to be "Conan" or "Huor" type people.  :wink:

I look forward to wiping your filth from the multi-player world.

So far I don't use any tweak but I change the damage for me to 1/4 on village training quests because for me it's impossible to win on normal damage (I haven't my equip to protect me), and also I was unable to find the book merchant I wanted (there are only 2), I have runned over all the towns and only found one of them, probably the 2nd had moved to a town I have already visited while I was moving so I stationed my char in Dhirim and went to every town, quitting without saving and loading again if I didn't find him at the town. That way he would not have time to move again to a town that I have already visited if I didn't find him. And worked! =)

I flagged Manhunters as Mounted and increased their party size. Gave their upgrades the Manhunter faction instead of the Slaver Faction and now watch them run around actually doing their job.

Tweaked - cattle follow, speak to guild master / village elder menu options and the camp menu to change banner as I like playing with custom banners a bit.

Other than that as far as I can remember I haven't touched it.  Might up the tournament / arena rewards.

If I pickup a 'Track Down Bandits' quest I usually Save & Quit, then enable cheats and go back in so I can Ctrl+T to find the little buggers.  Then I go back out, disable cheats and jump back in.

I have to do it this way because if I leave cheats enabled I'm likely to teleport around the map on the fastest trading route EVER, and take on 300 men with just myself and Ctrl+Alt+F4 until I win...yes, I have little self-control.

Like most people here you tweak away annoying parts of the game like the cattle follow, elder/guildmaster to the menu etc. I change the amount of food consumed and frequency becuase i cant stand lugging around or worrying about buying bread and fish.

To counteract easing the game in some ways you need to make it tougher a lil bit too.

I have found that disabling routing increases the dificulty, without it all you do is ride into the ememy's recruits and tier 2 troops, slaughter em and never have to fight a knight or sargent ever because they just run. I also increased lord base party size from 10 to 50. Battle size 250 as well.

A tweak i would love to find is a way to make AI lord parties have more higher tier troops and less low level troops. Id love to see King Ragnar with an army of 300 and 50 of them huscarls. I mean we as the player usually have over 80% top tier troops in our army why cant the AI lords.

As for ingame cheats, ive only ever used truesight to find a lord in some obscure place with 3 troops preventing me from eliminating a faction or completing the claimant quest. Otherwise never.

Is there a file you can edit to enable Truesight via Ctrl+T without Enabling Cheats from the Configure option in the launcher?

I used battlesizer briefly in the original M&B, but so far, no external applications or real cheats in warband. I might tweak some secondary characters at some point.

So far the only things I've done is to change the damage to easier or easiest for the prison break quests (and even then, in some cities it seems borderline impossible!), and some save scumming, which is typically just standard operating procedure anyways.

dhowlett said:
OldGreyBeard said:
dhowlett said:
You disgust me.

So happy to oblige! :lol:
Hey, look at it this way, by me haxoring my character, I've stunted my combat skills so badly that I'm a pushover for the bots in multiplayer! Someday I'll join a "public" server and you can take it out on me!  :lol:

... and I don't play all the games this way, only when I feel the need to be "Conan" or "Huor" type people.  :wink:

I look forward to wiping your filth from the multi-player world.

Yeah, but where's the challenge in that? It would be the equivalent of playing a haxored single player game, won't it? :wink:

tyrannicide said:
OldGreyBeard said:
tyrannicide said:
One thing I tweak, and have no qualms whatsoever with tweaking, is the relation hit one gets when distributing fiefs to vassals. I halved through the board, setting it to naught for kingdoms over 32 fiefs in size.
I find the concept around this utterly ridiculous, to wit, that the relation hit is merely determined by the size of your kingdom.

I was sorely tempted to do the same, but the hits are trying to reflect what would happen with a bunch of unruly warlords. Taken as such, I don't find the situation so "buggy". Medieval history is rife with vassals rebelling because of some fief they didn't get, or over some slight, imagined half the time.

I have no problem with the concept of the relation hits per se -- quite the contrary, I welcome it. I'm merely dissatisfied with how it is implemented, viz. that the size of the kingdom is the only thing that factors into the result. This I find absurd.
As I started my first kingdom, I used to give out a town, its two surrounding castles as well as the associated villages to one lord. Doing so, I'm giving more than he can survey (in the game, leaving the real world aside).
Yet that lord and another one who'd own nothing should react the same if I hand out a fief to a third one? I cannot help but find that patently absurd.

Make them an uruly, wily bunch -- please. But make it sensible.

"Sensible" is the last thing nobles were when fiefs going to someone else were involved! :wink: But, I see your point.

For me, yeah, the standard TweakMB over.......but I like to keep tournament bet amounts the same. I kinda like being poor in the early game with a small party of companions and a few warriors left over from the surviving recruits from the starter quest. I increase arena bet amounts though to give me a quick cash alternative if that piece of equipment I want is just 200 or so denars out of reach.....

Lately  though, been cheating like all hell testing mods, damn, I wish I played singleplayer more now........

so, word of advice: don't take up modding if you want to play your game... :razz:

Not at all.

The only ones that tempt me are changing cattle to follow (which I wouldn't call cheating) and changing the mill bonus so it isn't a one-off (because it's stupid as it is.)  Also if there's some way to reduce the number of Martingales in Sarranid armies and increase the number of Huscarls in Nord ones, and generally mess around to try to improve the balancing a bit.  But I'm not really fussed.

I've added back in some of the nice looking equipment already in the game but unavailable and want to delete all plate armors. Some of that Khergit equipment looks really nice and I love the Sarranid axes. Not sure what removing plate would do to Sword Sisters and dear old King Harlaus though, would they get assigned something else automagically or would they appear nekkid? I'm also considering having one game where party interaction is removed so I can have an all-girl-party with both Matheld and Ymira. Just for the hell of it. I "cheat" by exiting without saving when the map bug has my 9-man party attack a 40 Sea Raider party instead of running away from them.

Apart from that, nothing.

Dukayn said:
Tweaked - cattle follow, speak to guild master / village elder menu options and the camp menu to change banner as I like playing with custom banners a bit.

Other than that as far as I can remember I haven't touched it.  Might up the tournament / arena rewards.

If I pickup a 'Track Down Bandits' quest I usually Save & Quit, then enable cheats and go back in so I can Ctrl+T to find the little buggers.  Then I go back out, disable cheats and jump back in.

I have to do it this way because if I leave cheats enabled I'm likely to teleport around the map on the fastest trading route EVER, and take on 300 men with just myself and Ctrl+Alt+F4 until I win...yes, I have little self-control.

Your like me then, Cattle follow instead of drive so they don't run off in the wrong direction, it absurd that 20+ horsemen can't control 5 measly cattle.
And the truesight for hunt bandits quest is needed, I picked up a hunt bandit quest from Thir once and the truesight reveal showed them to be in the upper right conner of the map! So bandits are magical Teleporting annoying buggers (at lest those ones were).

dhowlett said:
Im much the same as you. The only things i've tweaked are to fix problems in the game or to rid it of tedium. Sometimes I will teleport around the map but thats just because I walk so frickin slow with my infantry army and a cavalry one makes it easy mode.

How exactly you do that? ^_^;;

nijis said:
the size of the kingdom is the only thing that factors into the result. This I find absurd.
That should not be the case. The lord's relationship with the fief's recipient should be the most important factor.

Ah, I see. I suppose that since in my (player) kingdom the lords came from all over the place and as such had no particular friendships or the like among each other, I had not noticed the impact of that factor.

I had based my assumption upon the fact that in TweakMB, what I suppose then to be the base value of relations hits was displayed as simply dependent on the kingdom's size, and that the changes I made to those values were exactly those I then saw in-game.

I'll have to ponder this a bit more, then. But I still feel that what a lord already owns ought to play a role, and IMO a considerable one, in this.

Back
Top Bottom