How has your L'aigle adventures been going?

Users who are viewing this thread

RoboSenshi said:
Do people actually work their way up from private?! As soon as I join an army I immediately start raiding villages to raise enough cash to buy a lieutenant's commission.

I did before the first patch but something changed and when I started over I became a sergeant as soon as I visited the Liaison Officer :smile: (starting options 100 renown so that is why. Will be changed by Docm I'd imagine because it is too high to start off with 100)

EDIT: @below I cannot believe I just said that.......I agree entirely, 100 is good for the nobility start, starting at a Sergeant is pretty good for that. At least that way you have to buy your first commission, that way your not just handed it because of selecting a good background. A good rank to be at since it is in the middle between a Junior Officer and NCO's.

Actually I feel it should be the opposite. Working your way from private to officer was very rare at the time and I feel the game should reflect that. There should be an option during character creation that allows you to be born as part of the upper class. By doing that you will start off with lower general stats but higher renown and enough money to buy a lieutenant's commission and good weaponry.

Kind off like the system in 1257ad where right from the start you are already sworn to a faction and the lord of a village.

Swedish Lieutenant in the Prussian army with my own company of about 75 men. Champion prizefighter. 70 renown. (´._.)

To all who say that Austria is OP, well... They've been eaten by France in my game, so I've been trying to conquer Pressburg on my own (during peacetime) in an attempt to re-establish German (Prussian) domination over the region. I've failed five times. Damned French cavalry under General Étienne Maurice Gérard almost always shows up. I've also noted that the Austrian cuirassiers are the beasts of the game. Guns, horses and swords beats everything, and thus you require cavalry to win sieges. Bayonets sucks.

In my campaign, I am the British-born commoner, Joshua Spanvard. I enlisted in Britain's Army and was assigned to a regular foot regiment as a Private. There was no Marshall yet, however, so fighting was delayed for a while. We were at War with the Dutch, the French, and the Bavarians. Italy and all of them were to far away for us to care about. About 10-20 days in game (I wasn't paying attention), the Duchy of Warsaw was totally decimated by the, you may have guess it, the Austrians. I didn't even know about it until I got the Faction destroyed pop-up. The French decided to take the offensive on us, not striking any villages but immediately attacking Sheffield. My first siege was their first attack on Sheffield, and we successfully defended the town after our new Marshall made a call to arms and marched on the French host. There were a few skirmishes here and there after the French host scattered, and they retreated afterwards. We stayed on the defensive, rarely launching attacks. It didn't take very long, but the French were back, once again attacking Sheffield. They succeeded in taking it, but it didn't last long. We took it back shortly after we gathered our troops. The French once again retreated back to France. Coming back to economic affairs in England, some random lord was given Sheffield, and I was given the honour of becoming the lord of the very rich village of Nottingham, even though I was a lowly, dirt poor Private with 10 renown  :lol:. Since nothing was happening for a while, I decided to brawl in the local hidden boxing societies throughout Britain. I was so good that they decided to start throwing two people at me at once instead of one person. Finally, we the Brits went on the offensive, but not against the French. We struck the Dutch, laying siege to one of their towns. The French came back however, and decided to be sneaky. They did a full scale invasion on our poor island while were away, attacking London and Sheffield at the same time. Our Marshall got spooked, and ran back home to defend. The first defence was played at London, the Officers of Britain were however too lazy to come save their own Capital. So it was me and a few others defending London. The French had almost a 1000 in combined troops, and we only had below 400. The outcome? We defended London, taking minimal casualties and outright destroying those Frenchies. Sheffield was next, the force attacking it was small however and I paid no mind and decided to hunt Pirates.

So, what is happening currently in my campaign? Well, Britain now has a truce with the French, the Dutch, and the Bavarians. We are still at war with the Italians, but we are ignoring them currently. I worked my way up the ranks to Sergeant and switched to a Grenadier Regiment. I had a hard time gaining renown as I had to go to the ends of the Earth and back to find bandits to fight (there seems to be quite a lack of them). The Austrians made peace with the Bavarians, but are still fighting the Dutch and French. Hanover switched hands a few times, first being owned by the French, being taken by the Austrians, then the Dutch swooped in and took it. What am I doing currently? I am running around Denmark like a crazed maniac with an old sailor/pirate guy who is also crazy, made him the NCO of the 12 95th Rifle Recruits I have currently. I've been fighting there as well, and got totally annihilated by a bunch of sailor looking land bandits with giant knives.

That's about it so far, I must say that it hasn't been a hundred days yet, and the only factions taking territory currently are the Austrians and the Dutch. The Russians are just chilling in Russia, Prussia is doing its own thing, the Duchy of Warsaw is dead and being more dead, and us Brits are just being fat, feasting, and sitting on our fiefs. The Italians are, well, I don't know. They haven't done a single thing all game, and I haven't bothered in visiting them.

I named my character Renard, and decided he was a young north-Tirolean protestant from a noble family of proud German patriots. First off I joined the ranks of Austria as a Landwehr, armed with hunting musket and nothing else. My first battle was the siege of Warsaw, which was succesful and I showed enough bravery there to be awarded with the rank of Sergeant-Major (I had been promoted to sergeant on day one, thanks to generous liaison officer). I also stole a nice IX sabre from dead hussar.

The next few weeks from there on I took part in King Franz's Polish campaign, stealing one Rheinbund general's beautiful sword and gaining the ownership of the village of Briege, for some reason. After a while I took my men and decided to go explore the rest of the continent and go all behind-the-enemy-lines espionage like. For this reason, I changed my Landwehr clothing and equipment in favor of a fedora/brown longcoat/dual pistol fashion. Now I look like any badass gunslinger from the wild west. During my travels, I also got into a short lived romantic relationship with a certain Prussian lady.

While I was venturing through Europe, Rheinbund had caused many losses to our generals and even captured Salzburg. With my colourful multinational company of 70 (all rescued from the hands of bandits and deserters), I decided to retake the city as it had a garrison of only 65. My troops were better trained and more experienced than the bastards holding the city, and we had it for ourselves with relative ease. After a day of waiting, the Germans arrived angry with an army of 300, against my company of 50 well armed elite rogues. The battle was fierce, but desperate, and Salzburg was lost once again and peace between Austria and Rheinbund was signed the very next day.

Bittered by defeat and loss of my men, I signed off and headed out to Europe, taking on duty as a swashbuckler, bounty hunter and spy for hire. Since my departure from Austria I've battled countless deserter and bandit parties (many times alone), saved generals from prisons, taken missions from differend sides of the grand conflict and fought for the gain of me alone. So, just as my current clothing and pistol heavy weaponry also suggest, my game has basically become a Napoleonic spaghetti western.

Politically speaking the war of the Coalition is currently in a tie. Austria has conquered all of Poland except for Torun and military depot. On the other hand, Rheinbund has taken Salzburg from Austria and France conquered succesfully Sheffield, thus forcing United Kingdom to a peace treatment. Netherlands and Italian factions are chilling in the backround, doing nothing of importance. Russia declared war on Prussia and sieged its cities with large forces. So far however, Prussian defenses have held.

There has been a peace since forever, so I decided to be the biggest war criminal in history. Raided a bunch of neutral faction villages and finally got to 37k, and captain. Only problem is my ruler will hate me  :lol:

Othurin said:
There has been a peace since forever, so I decided to be the biggest war criminal in history. Raided a bunch of neutral faction villages and finally got to 37k, and captain. Only problem is my ruler will hate me  :lol:
Well, you know what they say...

I laid siege to L'Aquilla (Almost 8000 Francs a week!), made my own mercenary faction called the White Stag Mercenaries, basically the Robin Hood of the Napoleonic Wars. Have two bakery and two wine businesses, this added up to over 10,000 Francs a week! I decided to help the Duchy of Warsaw get back on its feet, I joined them. No longer the leader of the White Stag Mercenaries, but a Lieutenant in the Polish army. Commanding 92 men, soon getting a promotion to Major. And then to retake Lublin (my real life home city), Poznan and then Torun. Then I will attack the Osterreich, then the United Kingsom, after that, Rossiyskaya Imperiya, and maybe Preussen.

My adventures in Europe have been fun!

Started off as a peasant boy, did some erands for King George and enlisted in his army. Quickly got the rank of Sergeant and went round recruiting highlanders. Ran into a a few outlaws and some weakened Frogs roaming England (who I killed with the help of a few others of course!) so that helped me raise quite a fund for myself. I spent this on a shiny new Highlander Sergeants uniform and treated my men to some ale. Claimed my first major alone victory the other day defending some villagers with equal strength forces! I was knocked out in the battle but my men managed to pull it through. 

A portrait of my current self painted by some street urchin
7f804c8bdd58e875eabe37c01fd35316.png

Baktech said:
I laid siege to L'Aquilla (Almost 8000 Francs a week!), made my own mercenary faction called the White Stag Mercenaries, basically the Robin Hood of the Napoleonic Wars. Have two bakery and two wine businesses, this added up to over 10,000 Francs a week! I decided to help the Duchy of Warsaw get back on its feet, I joined them. No longer the leader of the White Stag Mercenaries, but a Lieutenant in the Polish army. Commanding 92 men, soon getting a promotion to Major. And then to retake Lublin (my real life home city), Poznan and then Torun. Then I will attack the Osterreich, then the United Kingsom, after that, Rossiyskaya Imperiya, and maybe Preussen.

Say hi to my ancestors who I think are living in Inowroclaw during that time period

Life in the military is horrible!

Talpas Gyula joined the Austrian Military Forces as a Grenzer, hoping his skills from his lifetime of hunting would be put to good use. Instead, he gets shoved into a mob of snobby cavalrymen as his bullets seemingly bounce off everything which is not in his two-meters radius. He also has terrible luck. Whenever he breaks away from the frontlines of his comrades to skim around in the bushes for some skirmishing action, he gets no-scoped in 15 seconds by witty french artillery officers. At this point, the medicine-men of the company are wondering how is he still alive after 7 cannon balls and getting shot repeatedly during every battle.

I miss the times of Jáger Jóska, when law was loose and anything could be proven by three loaded barrels and with quick feet.

the UK has fallen so i took my royal dragoon guard *we sucked at our job* and went to Prussia to help them fight their endless war against the Russians, eventually all the royal guard have died and have been replaced by Prussian hussars, likely because the new uniforms are far more snazzy. France continues to grow under the usurper Napoleon, they have made peace following the annexation of England and I one day hope to lead a great army against them and retake my homeland from them.

in terms of gameplay my ~130 man hussar regiment is easymoding around the battlefield, I generally campaign against the russians till I only have 70 men left then ride around Prussia refilling my ranks I managed to find Bundak in a tavern ranting about nobles, I've kept him with his crossbow for the comedy factor.

I joined Austria after building some very good relations with all the lords. And then the war began for real. I managed to push back the italians, who took Laibach, then sieged Venezia unsuccesfully. Then beat the Italian armies one by one. Then we made peace with them. Meanwhil the other lords destroyed Poland. I only took part in the siege of Torun. Currently the polish only have their military depot(which is guarded by more then 800 men counting the lords who simply don't leave it). Then i went against the Rheinbund and after their whole army chased me through europe, we made peace with them. Then I bead the Ludewijk Bonaparte near Warsaw and in the meantime we lost loads of battles. So currently I seem to be the only one who has more than 100 men under his command(except the Kaiser off course). Most lords are running around with 30-60 troops and get beaten by the french. Herr Kienmayer, our marshall wanted to siege the polish military depot, but simply turned his back and went home, when i started it first, as I was already nearby.

Baktech said:
high five dude, I also live in Lublin. kill those bastards for the glory of Perła (our local beer) :grin:

Here be Otto, son of a minor Prussian noble.
He is lazy and undisciplined, he pass his time drinking and fighting.
A1B3A78FC3AF20307592C7BC0F201D4AD20A9215
His father got tired of his wayward heir that he forced him to enlist in the Prussian army thinking it would sort him out.
After training and a couple flogging for bad conduct he was made to guard the Depot.
3A8350F14C975820CBF3D35275448709E6C87986
During the night he caught a couple spies and shot at them.
CBB74DA1B1B0CD46DAE28E5A4D8190816B92C7DB
His commander then posted him on a Frontier town near their enemy, Russia.
5F2F7A362F3B7B84FE1441A7F2DD6D3D4762F6C1
Here he is with his regiment before a battle against Russia.
6AAF8800161F47997D37926DF9F6B0C16194580B

RabbleKnight said:
Here be Otto, son of a minor Prussian noble.
He is lazy and undisciplined, he pass his time drinking and fighting.
A1B3A78FC3AF20307592C7BC0F201D4AD20A9215
His father got tired of his wayward heir that he forced him to enlist in the Prussian army thinking it would sort him out.
After training and a couple flogging for bad conduct he was made to guard the Depot.
3A8350F14C975820CBF3D35275448709E6C87986
During the night he caught a couple spies and shot at them.
CBB74DA1B1B0CD46DAE28E5A4D8190816B92C7DB
His commander then posted him on a Frontier town near their enemy, Russia.
5F2F7A362F3B7B84FE1441A7F2DD6D3D4762F6C1
Here he is with his regiment before a battle against Russia.
6AAF8800161F47997D37926DF9F6B0C16194580B
Otto adventure continue!

Otto fought in his first siege, even when wounded he kept fighting!
2893441993F4878122F9BCEAA39403C83D0BB434
The fighting was rough and bloody.
1B5866E71714E19B0CBBF96B4E32E0FF92CC22E1
Otto got a field promotion on that day and he decide to party like hell. (When on leave of course, hes now a disciplined Prussian soldier).
D1554CAC9FB1B819021257971BEF32600226839F
Decided to visit his father to show him the new Otto!
EA0C4BF2DA2FD3FF9D8CEC25C7A4DEA7174D88FF
After taking a horse and a sabre from a dead Russian, Otto decided he would join the Hussar!
E021B7FB4707F10474DC1AB708E6668A51424C53

sabatonsky said:
Baktech said:
high five dude, I also live in Lublin. kill those bastards for the glory of Perła (our local beer) :grin:

For Perła! Lublin is nice isn't it? I live in the UK, but the whole of my mother's side of the family live there. I go to Lublin every year, and Snopkow, where my granddad built his own house with his brother. Lovely place!

Me and Lady Elise have been going steady - I ask her sometimes if we might have a future together and she wants to give it more time. I couldn't agree more. Also, being homeless doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom