Horses Consume No Food?

Users who are viewing this thread

Marquisa1863

Recruit
Hi All -- new here on the forum but have really been enjoying the game. I never played Warband, but I am really happy so far and have put in a lot of hours playing the game.

I really enjoy the immersive, RPG elements of the game, and I love the Byzantine Era feel.

I hope no one has already posted this, but I couldn't make it through all 47 pages of threads. My question for the developers is why animals in inventory -- specifically horses, but I suppose you could count mules, camels, hogs, sheep, and cattle also -- consume no grain. This was a gigantic logistical problem in armies throughout history, and I wonder why it isn't replicated here in Bannerlord. Making it so would make campaigns and strategy much more challenging and realistic. As it is now, it is extremely rare that you run low on food, and you can keep a herd of hundreds of horses without any serious penalty.

I'd love to hear from the developers and the community on this issue.

All the Best! Love the Game.

Well, i think he is right. Having a full army of horse archers or a lot of vlandian cavalry has disadvantages. Ask Pompey.

@Apocal, to be sure, horses do graze! But that's something of my point. How many campaigns were delayed because of inadequate fodder for horses? Commanders had to consider whether there it would be sufficient to maintain their army given the time of year and the kind of terrain. In the game, you can march across Sturgia in the depth of winter with a thousand horses in your remuda -- where would the horses have to graze? Similarly, you can operate in total desert without any penalty.

I know that it is a game, of course, and not meant to be completely realistic, and so I'm sympathetic to things that will just cause more headaches (more for the AI, which seems to struggle to keep its larger armies fed as it is) -- but I think some basic recognition on the game's part would create a lot more realism. .

Back
Top Bottom