SP - General Hired thugs /assassins

Users who are viewing this thread

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
A small suggestion: in Warband there was a chance that you will be attacked by a group of bandits when you were entering a town or a village during the night. In Bannerlord this mechanic could be expanded into a little more than a mere radiant event.

What I suggest is to add the same probability, but with a minor change: the bandits, attacking you, will be, in fact, the hired thugs. And the employer may be the one, who you have VERY bad relationship. The more powerful your enemy is, the better equipped bandits will attack you (for example, a merchant or a village headsmen will be able to hire some poor-equipped rookies while a nobleman/lady from a powerful clan may hire a well-equipped professionals).

If you survive the assault and there is at least one of the thugs who was knocked down during the fight, you will be able to know the employer's name and, if you wish to, find him later to have a little heart-to-heart with them. If you kill all the assailants, you won't know who hired them, yet, at least you will be still standing.

A small addition, yet might increase player's immersion a bit.

A small suggestion: in Warband there was a chance that you will be attacked by a group of bandits when you were entering a town or a village during the night. In Bannerlord this mechanic could be expanded into a little more than a mere radiant event.

What I suggest is to add the same probability, but with a minor change: the bandits, attacking you, will be, in fact, the hired thugs. And the employer may be the one, who you have VERY bad relationship. The more powerful your enemy is, the better equipped bandits will attack you (for example, a merchant or a village headsmen will be able to hire some poor-equipped rookies while a nobleman/lady from a powerful clan may hire a well-equipped professionals).

If you survive the assault and there is at least one of the thugs who was knocked down during the fight, you will be able to know the employer's name and, if you wish to, find him later to have a little heart-to-heart with them. If you kill all the assailants, you won't know who hired them, yet, at least you will be still standing.

A small addition, yet might increase player's immersion a bit.

That would be some cool additional content. Especially if you are able to capture one of the assailants.
Find the culprit that employed them and challenge them to a hand to hand combat or you select a few of your companions against the culprit and his chosen companions and duke it out outside!

I was even thinking, what if the MC marries the Lord's daughter and instead of waiting for a natural death, the MC hires thugs/assassins to hasten the lord's demise in order for the MC to inherit the fief. If it fails, there would be a bounty on the MC's head.
Another senario is the brother is the one inheriting the fief! so thugs getting rid of him makes the daughter married to the MC next in line...etc.

I wonder whether this would be something that can be modded?

Back
Top Bottom