HILDILEIKR – official Víkingr server

Users who are viewing this thread

Dansk viking said:
Hildileikr has moved to a new server, hopefully this will fix the problems we've had these last weeks. Please do report any instability you might experience on the server!

It's not showing up on my server list for some reason.

Two guys: Drustagnos and UhtredofBebbanburg - TH, kicking and ...well: "England for Englishmen" stuff.
First of them throw a javelin in my back just for fun. :/

Folkbjorn Felagi Jomsborg twice moved out of the server for blatant griefing/trolling: hiding from and avoiding the fight, wilfully delaying the game. Next action may not be as benevolent, considering the repeated similar ill behaviour from him and his compatriots, some of which already named.

Between 19:00 and 19:30 Amsterdam time Oddr [something] Jomsborg TK'ed me in a suspect manner (over a full second after killing a foe) without apologising. A bit later he TK'ed me from behind with his long axe without a foe around. Again no word. I told him not too TK on purpose again. A few moments later he was at me again, but hit my shield. I told him to f*** off and he responded by insulting me and saying no-one gives a **** about the rules but me (Éadríc).

I checked the logs, and it is clear that Oddr_Ulfhedinn_Jomsborg teamkilled Éadríc at least twice after dealing multiple blows in succession. This, combined with an abundance of bad language and insults, as well as the fact that he has been reported earlier within this very week, will result in a one week ban from Hildileikr. The ban may be lifted earlier (at the discretion of the admins) if Oddr shows regret in this thread and promises to improve his behaviour. If, however, he goes on to repeat his actions or in other ways deserve punishment, this will result in a significantly longer ban and ultimately a permanent one.

The language seemed particularly toxic during this session, and I must stress the first part of our ruleset:

"No insulting of other players or other impoliteness"

While some degree of "role-play" insulting may be accepted, if the insults are particularly nasty or personal it will result in a punishment. This goes also for excessive in-game insulting, such as sitting on and/or kicking at enemy corpses in mockery.

Cheers Þurcytel!

And yes, I ought not have used the F-word, but he had been turdly earlier this week and I was much irked.

Eadric, now I know why we, the Jomsvikings, are sometimes though to be the 'worse' part of the mod community. :/

Admins, I'd like to tell that message 'Incorrect Authorization Key' shows up for more than a few days. Moreover, if I  use internet search instead of favourites, Hildileikr does not show at all. Can it be fixed somehow? Thank you

Is joining the server impossible for the majority of players ?
Or did I get something wrong?
(I'm back btw  :wink: )

Joining is fine for me. Just read something somewhere in this forum and was just curious.

I would like to thank everybody for the nostalgic fight of today and I'm happy to see that some of my throwing skills are still better than my hand-to-axe combat. I especially want to thank Þorkell for informing me and I hope this won't be the last time I have great time in the servers with this beloved mod of ours and with the great people I've grown fond with fighting with/against.

Back
Top Bottom