Hero Submissions (4th Wave)

Users who are viewing this thread

The new city add-on should be downloadable and I edited the heroes in the first post. Lets hope I did it without too many errors.

As Tempest was from the 3rd wave added LuckyDuckly's Kiyomasa and just moved her to Wodengard. Battlefield Expert is not implemented so he has no talent. :razz: I also edited his skills as he didn't have the needed stats.
As there is no Vaulara I sent Jaden to Vallauk as 4 out of 7 characters are identical :roll:

The new heroes can be seen here (I was to lazy to place the riders in the back row)
groupphoto06753.jpg

Oh hey, I remember this mod!

I was sad to see niether of my heroes were posing in that screenshot you just posted.. but then I realised I never submitted any heroes!

I've made two heroes, and shall post them now. I think everything is as it should be, but forgive me if I've made some mistake - I'm just posting the contents of a Notepad file that I made over half a year ago..

Slaver Harold

Lev 4
Male
0x00000008d3045194129470b95a82389c00000000001d972c0000000000000000

114 itm_saddle horse (heavy)
128 itm_pilgrim_hood
129 itm_leather_gloves
137 itm_hide_boots
265 itm_maul
321 itm_mace_3
363 itm_tab_shield_round_a
452 itm_tunic_redplaid

Stats
4+(Lev+14)=22

STR: 11
AGI: 3
INT: 2
CHA: 6

Skills
4+INT = 6

Power Strike (STR) 1
Riding (AGI) 1
Looting (AGI) 1
Prisoner Management (CHA) 3

Home: Falheim (Empty50)
Behaviour: Bounty Hunter
Talent: Watchful Eye
Faction: Mercenaries

["npcXX","Slaver Harold","Slaver Harold",tf_male|tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,
[itm_tunic_redplaid,itm_hide_boots,itm_leather_gloves,itm_pilgrim_hood,itm_maul,itm_mace_3,itm_tab_shield_round_a,itm_saddle horse],
str_11|agi_3|int_2|cha_6|level(4),wp(10),
knows_prisoner_management_3|knows_riding_1|knows_looting_1,
0x00000008d3045194129470b95a82389c00000000001d972c0000000000000000],

Bernhardt The Pure

Lev 30
Male
0x00000003ff04158826d494c8d4a5a69b00000000001d2b5a0000000000000000

116 itm_courser (heavy)
144 itm_mail boots
281 itm_sword_of_War
316 itm_sword_khergit_2
386 itm_tab_shield_small_round_c
441 itm_tunic_redapron

Stats
4+44 = 48

STR: 12
AGI: 9
INT: 12
CHA: 15

Skills
30+INT = 42

leadership (CHA) 5
Prisoner Management (CHA) 5
Inventory Management (INT) 4
Surgery (INT) 4
Wound Treatment (INT) 4
Tactics (INT) 4
Trainer (INT) 4
Ironflesh (STR) 4
Power Strike (STR) 4
Riding (AGI) 2
Persuation (INT) 4
Shield (AGI) 2

1H Weapons:
2H Weapons:
Poleamrs:
Archery:
Crossbows:
Throwing:

Home: Falheim (Empty50)
Behaviour: Chivalrous
Talent: Vigilante
Faction: Peasants
Banner: If possible, see avatar

And when I made the Add-On I went searching for these heroes but you never submitted them :wink:
Slaver Harold
Stats: All stats start at 4, and then 14+Level stat points can be added resulting in 34 total points.
Skills: This of course results in more skills. Also for Prisoner Management 3 you need at least Charisma 9.

Bernhardt The Pure
Stats: All stats start at 4, and then 14+Level stat points can be added resulting in 60 total points.
Skills: This of course can result in more skills.
Banner: Is not possible

I see. We'll I'll let you decide what to do with those extra points left over. You've probably got an idea of what sort of characters I was going for.. not that the stats will really make a whole lot of difference, I think..

Great to see my char there :smile:

Sadly i threw original m & b away once i got warband :sad:

I know this has already been suggested 100 times but custom settlements would be awesome in warband.

Could you change "Mishkin" from Lvl 1 to lvl 4 since my forum title has changed. Any extra stats into str and skills one handed. Extra gold - Shield and better body armor

HLM said:
Slaver Harold
Bernhardt The Pure
OK, I tried to add them but two things don't work:
[list type=decimal]
[*]I can't give them horses with better quality  - which is strange as the trigger should work.
[*]I can't give them both one- and two-handed weapons, they have either their two-handed weapon or the one-handed weapon plus shield.
[/list]I will try to do something about number 1 but the problem with the weapons is rooted too deep for me. Do you have a preference what I give the,?

Mishkin said:
Could you change "Mishkin" from Lvl 1 to lvl 4 since my forum title has changed. Any extra stats into str and skills one handed. Extra gold - Shield and better body armor
Unless I forget it.

["npcXX","Apox","Apox",tf_male|tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,
[itm_tunic,itm_hide_boots,itm_knife,itm_skullcap,itm_shortened_military_scythe],
str_10|agi_10|int_10|cha_4|level(4),wp_two_handed(180),wp_one_handed(10),wp_polearm(10), wp_bows(10),wp_crossbows(10),wp_throwing(10)
knows_wound_treatment_3|knows_trade_2|knows_first_aid_3|knows_surgery_3|knows_leadership_3,
0x000000000000301113d2dfb81da8f8a000000000001db6db0000000000000000],

Home Settlement: Comhraidhe
Behaviour Trait: Chivalrous
Talent Trait: Inspirational
Faction: Peasant

Can you add my hero Berpol?

That's really strange. So there's not a single character in the game who uses a 1hander and 2handeer by default?

I guess if they can only have one or the other i'll have to settle with the Maul for Slaver Harold, and the Khergit sabre for Bernhardt.

As many of you know it is not possible to add new heroes by changing the text files. To do this you need to use the module system files and python. How to use these is described elsewhere in the boards so I concentrate on how to add new heroes.

To do that you need to edit two files - module_troops.py and module_triggers.py

Step 1: Add the hero to the troops:
First search in the file module_troops.py either for the name of a hero and go to the end of the block including the troops called "npc..." or search for "kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin", the heroes are above that:
["npc125","Zero","Zero",tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,
[itm_sword_khergit_1,itm_leather_boots,itm_leather_jerkin],
str_6|agi_9|int_10|cha_8|level(3),wp_one_handed(170)|wp(2),
knows_ironflesh_2|knows_power_strike_2|knows_weapon_master_2|knows_trade_2|knows_leadership_2|knows_inventory_management_3,
0x000000001300410136db6db6db6db6db00000000001db6db0000000000000000],
["npc126","Kiyomasa","Kiyomasa",tf_male|tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,
[itm_strange_sword,itm_nomad_boots,itm_byrnie,itm_steppe_horse,itm_spear_fattip],
str_13|agi_15|int_6|cha_6|level(10),wp(100),
knows_athletics_5|knows_ironflesh_4|knows_power_strike_4|knows_trainer_1|knows_riding_2,
0x000000019e00400a34d589bb8b81b71500000000001e37330000000000000000],

#heroes end - wp_one_handed(90)|wp_two_handed(50)|wp_polearm(70)|wp_archery(0)|wp_crossbow(0)|wp_throwing(30)
#NPC system changes end

["kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin",  "kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin",  "kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin",  tf_hero, 0,reserved,  fac_kingdom_1,[],          lord_attrib,wp(220),knows_lord_1, 0x000000000010918a01f248377289467d],
You can either copy a hero and change the stats or write then from scratch, lets dissect the stats:
"npc125" - Each troop has a unique name, for easier reference the heroes are just numbered.
"Zero","Zero" - Each troop has two shown names, the second one is for several troops of the same type. As this does not happen with heroes just put in the name twice.
tf_female| - Gender is actually identical with race in Mount&Blade, for female heroes its tf_female, for male it's either none (as it's the default) or tf_male.
tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners - these flags are identical for all heroes. All flags are divided with a "|"
[itm_sword_khergit_1,itm_leather_boots,itm_leather_jerkin], - You can find the items in the file module_items.py, it's the first stat of each item, just add "itm_". Items are listed with a ","
str_6|agi_9|int_10|cha_8|level(3), - All heroes need their attributes and a level, attributes can be as high as 30 (more is not possible in the module files).
wp_one_handed(170)|wp(2), - weapon proficiencies can be either specialized like wp_two_handed(50)|wp_polearm(70) or generalized like wp(100). A spezialized weapon proficiency sets that proficiency to the shown number, the generalized weapon proficiency adds a random number with the shown number as a minimum to each weapon proficiency.
knows_ironflesh_2|knows_power_strike_2|knows_weapon_master_2|knows_trade_2|knows_leadership_2|knows_inventory_management_3, - skills are divided by "|", the order is irrelevant. Skill levels between 1 and 10 are possible.
0x000000001300410136db6db6db6db6db00000000001db6db0000000000000000], - The face code can be generated with the normal face generator in Mount&Blade
The dividers and brackets are important, you can see the placement above. Without these your module system wouldn't be able to generate the files.

Step 2: Add additional information to the triggers:
First search in the file module_triggers.py for the name of a hero (as I added these as a comment) and go to the end of the block
#Zero
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc125", slot_troop_home, "p_custom_settlement_23"), #Esgaroth
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc125", slot_hero_behaviour, slhb_defender),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc125", slot_hero_talent, slht_inspirational),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc125", slot_hero_gold, 0),
(troop_set_faction,"trp_npc125","fac_mercenaries"),
#Kiyomasa
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc126", slot_troop_home, "p_custom_settlement_17"), #Griffinhill
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc126", slot_hero_behaviour, slhb_berserker),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc126", slot_hero_talent, slht_none), #Battlefield Expert not implemented
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc126", slot_hero_gold, -39),
(troop_set_faction,"trp_npc126","fac_adventurers"),

(try_for_range, ":cur_hero", heroes_begin, heroes_end),
(troop_get_slot, ":settlement_no", ":cur_hero", slot_troop_home),
(troop_set_slot,":cur_hero", slot_troop_settlement,":settlement_no"),
(try_end),
You can either copy or write the needed lines from scratch, it is important that they are above the "(try_for_range..." line.
Each hero has 5 attributes, it is important that his troop id is included beginning with "trp_":
#Zero
This is just the name added as a comment, it has no function but it is easier to search for.
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc125", slot_troop_home, "p_custom_settlement_23"), #Esgaroth
Each hero should have a home settlement. They still appear when they have none though. I added the settlement name seen inside the game as a comment for easier reference.
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc125", slot_hero_behaviour, slhb_defender),
Each hero gets a behaviour trait, a complete list of these can be found in the file module_constants.py below "slot_hero_behaviour". While it is not needed for a hero it adds to his individual behavior.
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc125", slot_hero_talent, slht_inspirational),
Each hero gets a talent, a complete list of these can be found in the file module_constants.py below "slot_hero_talent". While it is not needed for a hero it adds to his individual behavior.
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc125", slot_hero_gold, 0),
Each hero can start with some gold or a small dept, this is based on the starting items and the money allowed based on the level. I do not know if this has any effect at the time.
(troop_set_faction,"trp_npc125","fac_mercenaries"),
Each hero belongs to a faction, for heroes these are
  • Peasants: fac_peasants
  • Adventurers: fac_adventurers
  • Mercenaries: fac_mercenaries
  • Bandits: fac_bandits
The behavior of these factions is defined elsewhere.

Step 3: Create the new module files:
Make sure that the path in the file module_info.py is the correct one and start build_module.bat
If you made any mistakes you will see the wrong line with file name and line number of the first error that occured.

Apox said:
["npcXX","Apox","Apox",tf_male|tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,
[itm_tunic,itm_hide_boots,itm_knife,itm_skullcap,itm_shortened_military_scythe],
str_10|agi_10|int_10|cha_4|level(4),wp_two_handed(180),wp_one_handed(10),wp_polearm(10), wp_bows(10),wp_crossbows(10),wp_throwing(10)
knows_wound_treatment_3|knows_trade_2|knows_first_aid_3|knows_surgery_3|knows_leadership_3,

Can you add my hero Berpol?
Two things:
[list type=decimal]
[*]There is no item with the ID "tunic" but 15 items with the name "tunic". Do you want a special one or should I choose one.?
[*]With CHA 4 the character can only have trade and leadership at 1, should I change the stats or reduce the skills?
[/list]
You can just change your stats above and make the changes bold.

First sorry for it, my wrong.

Second, you can select any tunic for my hero, it is OK with me. :wink:

Third, lemme change my hero's stats...

knows_power_strike_3|knows_wound_treatment_3|knows_trade_1|knows_first_aid_3|knows_surgery_3|knows_leadership_1,

That's it. As you want, I marked the changes with bold. :wink:

Apox said:
knows_power_strike_3|knows_wound_treatment_3|knows_trade_1|knows_first_aid_3|knows_surgery_3|knows_leadership_1,
It seems we think along the same lines, that is exactly what I would have done - if in doubt give him Power Strike. :grin:

i dont understand this mod.  :roll: am i supose to buy for every each of peasants tools for work? they cant work without it? also, my settlemant cant be load i dont know why, when I enter the streets i just see open field, and residents are there, i am not upgrade it yet, its not even village.

Berpol said:
Apox said:
It seems we think along the same lines, that is exactly what I would have done - if in doubt give him Power Strike. :grin:

Then we must be brothers, lol. :lol:
Cuz brothers thinks same. :razz:

I added Slaver Harold, Bernhardt The Pure and Apox in my local files so they will join us with the next add-on.
They all have some (Bernhard a lot of) money left so if you want I can improve their equipment a bit.

orome said:
iI don't understand this mod.  :roll: am I supposed to buy for every each of peasants tools for work? they cant work without it? also, my settlement cant be load I don't know why, when I enter the streets i just see open field, and residents are there, i am not upgrade it yet, its not even village.
Read the FAQ, tools are just a way to improve Productivity which gives a bonus to total production.
Apox said:
Then we must be brothers, lol. :lol:
Cuz brothers thinks same. :razz:
Strangely enough I'm very different from my (fraternal) twin brother :grin:

Name: Dart Feld
Equipment: If possible a pretty strong red armor
Strength:  Pretty Strong
Agility:  Pretty fast
Intelligence:  Fairly Intelligent
Charisma:  Pretty Charismatic
Favourite Weapon:  Two Handed Sword
Skills:  Tracking, weapon master, power strike, ironflesh
Appearance:  Wild blonde hair, normal white guys skin, maybe a bit tan from being outside all the time
Home Settlement: Which ever is stil needed, but my personal favorite is Falconpas
Behaviour Trait: Heroic
Talent Trait: Good and a tracker
Faction: Adventurers

Squire -  level 7
so that means 1400 gold for equipment, focus mainly on the sword, since greatsword can be pretty expensive.

LVL 7: 21 stat points:
STR= 4 +8
AGI= 4 +8
INT= 4 + 3
CHA= 4 + 2

Skill points: 7+7 = 14

powerstrike 3
tracking 5
weapon master 3
ironflesh 2
athletics 1

All weapon proficiencies very low except 2 handed at about 100-150

Ah, well well! I'm a Sergeant at Arms now, so can I upgrade my character with my new stats, skills and golds?

Back
Top Bottom