Hero Submissions (4th Wave)

Users who are viewing this thread

manekemaan said:
hi berpol, i guess my character wont be implemented? :p
I will do it the next time I add a settlement.
The problem is that I'm not good enough at modding to complete the mod, I can add new settlements, heroes or troops and possibly modify existing scripts but that's it.

Would be sweet to get a team together and revive this in warband eh? Doesn't seem to hard, especially with so much done already, all it needs is that bit of effort to be great. Would hate for it to die out.

Apox said:
["npcXX","Apox","Apox",tf_male|tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,
[itm_tunic,itm_hide_boots,itm_knife,itm_skullcap,itm_shortened_military_scythe],
str_11|agi_10|int_10|cha_4|level(4),wp_two_handed(240),wp_one_handed(10),wp_polearm(10), wp_bows(10),wp_crossbows(10),wp_throwing(10)
knows_iron_flesh_1|knows_power_strike_3|knows_wound_treatment_3|knows_trade_1|knows_first_aid_3|knows_surgery_3|knows_leadership_1,
0x000000000000301113d2dfb81da8f8a000000000001db6db0000000000000000],

Home Settlement: Comhraidhe
Behaviour Trait: Chivalrous
Talent Trait: Inspirational
Faction: Peasant

I changed it. :wink:
Showed the changes with bold. And also, when the 4th Hero Wave will be released?

You forgot to change the level to 5 :smile:
Apox said:
And also, when the 4th Hero Wave will be released?
The problem with the waves is that I planned to start the 5th wave when the next update from wickedshot appears and between that add the heroes with every add-on (so currently only Slaver Harold, Bernhardt The Pure, Apox and Dart Feld are missing).
While I will continue to do that when I get a new settlement or make another one I am still thinking about what else to do.
  • I could create some dummies to fill the reserved places, these would be replaced whenever the creator of a settlement sends his own heroes in.
  • I could finish the 4th wave and start the next one (there are still 80 or so open spaces)
But before I do that I want to do some changes with wickedshot's troops to make them more usable.

i'm glad to see this forum is getting slightly more active!

is there anything that needs to be done? just list all posibilities i got 2 weeks of vacations and if i get motivated i can do anything :grin:

manekemaan said:
i'm glad to see this forum is getting slightly more active!
I come here each day and try to give as much help as possible.
manekemaan said:
is there anything that needs to be done? just list all posibilities i got 2 weeks of vacations and if i get motivated i can do anything :grin:
That would be very helpful, wickedshot was the one with the plan so I'm not sure where to start.
But if you have the time you could try one of these:
  • Kingdom Building
    Settlements start improving when a hero has enough relation with it and start a kingdom when the settlement reaches CastleTown. I have no idea how the kingdoms behave after that (attack, diplomacy, whatever).
    One idea I had about a quicker start was for heroes to start with better relations with their home settlement, to become a ruler they need relation 50 or 60 so I thought if they start with a relation based on their level and/or CHA would increase the speed of the game a bit.
  • Alternative Startup
    For now all settlements start as Camp with the known two exceptions, there are ideas about different start ups like
    • More CastleTowns (like Custow).
    • More bandit settlements with cities to provide caravans for them to raid.
    • Random start (e1m1 at most) for each settlement.
  • More interaction with the seneshal or peasant elder.
But you could just pick anything you thing you can do. Best use the source files from the city add-on, they are the newest and include the unofficial patch.
Perhaps you know the old Peasants Mod (Forum Download) for Version 0.903, they also had many good ideas.

I hope I get motivated this weekend too.

Thing I hope to do are:
  • Streamline wickedshot's troops (like adventurers), some of them also lack some skills or equipment for their job.
  • Make more high level troops available from the seneshal.
  • Possibly adding some generic 30th and 1st level dummies as placeholders for the reserved hero spots (that's actually easy).
  • Add a new settlement
The list is not ordered and the last one is something that relies on how good I can implement the settlement I have in mind.

P.S. If you do changes mark them with comments just in case we change the same files.

thanks for providing this list!

I don't see something i can help with directly as i only recently (today) downloaded python etc

as soon as i start getting the hang of things i'l let u know

And now I'm a squire, upgrading my character... :smile:

["npcXX","Apox","Apox",tf_male|tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,
[itm_tunic,itm_hide_boots,itm_knife,itm_skullcap,itm_shortened_military_scythe],
str_12|agi_11|int_10|cha_4|level(7),wp_two_handed(300),wp_one_handed(10),wp_polearm(10), wp_bows(10),wp_crossbows(10),wp_throwing(10)
knows_iron_flesh_3|knows_power_strike_3|knows_wound_treatment_3|knows_trade_1|knows_first_aid_3|knows_surgery_3|knows_leadership_1,
0x000000000000301113d2dfb81da8f8a000000000001db6db0000000000000000],

It seems NPC doesn't level up (without player).
And doesn't improve equipment (aside from a king, who receive some new armor, weapon and horse).

Evgeniy said:
It seems NPC doesn't level up (without player).
And doesn't improve equipment (aside from a king, who receive some new armor, weapon and horse).
Correct, it is the same in Native.
You can get a bit around it by scripts like that executed for a king but that's it.

Scripts is like Chinese for me.
What exactly should be done to make NPCs to get horse, upgrade armor and weapons when they rich level 5, 10 ,15 ets?
And we can't make them to level up?

Evgeniy said:
Scripts is like Chinese for me.
What exactly should be done to make NPCs to get horse, upgrade armor and weapons when they rich level 5, 10 ,15 ets?
And we can't make them to level up?
I'm not a scripter myself, you might want to look at the script that gives equipment for a king as an example.
The problem with these scripts is that you need more than a few based on attributes (STR for armor and weapons) and skills (missile weapon, horse...).
I asked wickedshot once and she said it is not possible to script a level up, so far I just activate edit mode and upgrade them manually.

Make this dude:
Sarhamir Talam

Home Settlement: Shiverglen
Behaviour Trait: Cunning
Talent Trait: One handed sword expert
Faction: Adventurer

I'm in the process of rethinking all the heroes. Tooo many of them are unbalanced ant too high level. I have made a new version with 4 towns, Custow(fac. Peasants - 2E,2M), Charfield(fac. Bandits - 0E,2M), Comhraidhe (fac. Adventurers - 1E,1M) and Novagradsk (fac. Peons - 1E,1M). I want to replace them with fewer heroes (2 per settlement + 8 more for the 4 higher level towns). So I need one level 5 hero and one level 10 Hero for each settlement, 4 level 15 heroes, 4 level 8 heroes, and 8 level 1 heroes for the 4 big towns. I was thinking that heroes would be diferent for every factions, peasant heroes using spears or 2-handed weapons and crossbows, Peon heroes using maces and crossbows, Mercenary heroes using axes and 2-handed axes and crossbows, adventurer heroes using swords and bows and bandit heroes using maces and bows. This is just the general idea. If you want to help, please post here hero suggestions including stats (calculated for their levels) and equipment.

Back
Top Bottom