Sneaking into friendly settlements under siege AND why attackers take no casualties during siege setup

Users who are viewing this thread

First, Surely each defended settlement should have a hidden tunnel , opening far way from the settlement, that friendly soldiers can use to slowly gain access to and from. There is no need for these "Break into" casualties.

Similarly, second point, Attacker in a siege SHOULD take casualties in the Siege initial setup phase - clearing paths for towers / rams etc, filling moats etc etc. these were very dangerous tasks. Yet, in BL ,no casualties.

Why is this game so biased towards attackers ?

I'm currently dealing with this issue and recently discussed how settlements could have new levels of development that add iron bars on gates and underground passages for castles.
Now I only made it possible to break through at night with fewer losses.

First, Surely each defended settlement should have a hidden tunnel , opening far way from the settlement, that friendly soldiers can use to slowly gain access to and from. There is no need for these "Break into" casualties.

Similarly, second point, Attacker in a siege SHOULD take casualties in the Siege initial setup phase - clearing paths for towers / rams etc, filling moats etc etc. these were very dangerous tasks. Yet, in BL ,no casualties.

Why is this game so biased towards attackers ?
Yes and no.
I agree there should be such things from a historical pov yes.
However those types of entrances etc was atleast in the sources I've seen been relative small - read 1 man standing, not 2 men shoulder to shoulder wide.

Then you have the logistic of it.
You really think that theese siegers wouldnt notice an army of 100-250 units sneaking by in the area, and all just vanishing into the rock wall.

The ones I've seen of such things, is more used for escape of the besieged and not to reinforce it.

Bascially what I'm saying is that the current system is more "realistic" imo than anything else.

You could maybe send in a squad of forces, but a full 1 man army or a armygroup - I doubt that.

When you historically have had sieges they surround the settlments all around it unless its shielded of by some natural hurdle/obstacle (like steep mountains or water etc)

I personally like that there is casualties to entering such sieges, to have you actually "risk" something to a degree, so you end up with lots of your t5 troops dead, which will make the siege-encounter harder aswell.

As for the other point on the besieges takeing casualties while setting up - yah I can totally agree with that one.
Archers on the walls takeing out attackers as they are building equipment and placeing defenses etc.

It seems as though the entire game has been pushed by streamers, who want quick advances to world domination. To hell with historic reality, to hell with immersion , lets just help pump-n-dump streamers.

I find when playing this game now, it's easier to destroy an entire enemy army with few casualties - on a battlefield than defending a settlement ! with walls etc. The opposite should be true. Maybe this is a Console Nerf ????

I made a neutral option.
The idea is this:
When you receive a settlement, you build an underground passage, its quality depends on the level of the settlement. During a siege, at night you are given the opportunity to pass through this course without losses, but the number of soldiers should not exceed the permissible possibility.

I think the problem is calculating losses, example: I’m trying to break through with an army of 1700 people, the expected losses are 170, and if I fight the enemy, then my losses are 55 people.

I made a neutral option.
The idea is this:
When you receive a settlement, you build an underground passage, its quality depends on the level of the settlement. During a siege, at night you are given the opportunity to pass through this course without losses, but the number of soldiers should not exceed the permissible possibility.

I like this night idea but as you said , limited to a certain size army, as you cannot have a situation of half your army inside and half out.

I like this night idea but as you said , limited to a certain size army, as you cannot have a situation of half your army inside and half out.
Look to the point.
1.Is an underground passage necessary?
Answer: Yes, when I have not yet created my faction, it is difficult for me to defend myself from attackers and the loss of every warrior has serious consequences.​
2. When I come with a large army, do I need an underground passage?
Answer: Yes, if it is possible to manage the garrison or I can stay and defend the settlement and let the army and lords go.​

Yes, when a siege begins, the garrison and militia are engaged in evacuating the civilian population, building barricades, building catapults, etc., well, they are simply preparing for battle, equipping themselves and taking their places, and then we must not forget that the enemy is still far away and only after construction of all structures, he moves into attack range.

I think that if my army is stronger, then I can enter the settlement without losses, especially when the garrison opens the gates and makes a sortie.

In that situation, you would just attack the sieger and wipe them out, as would happen is reality.
The game does not provide for the situation in the screenshot; the game still thinks that I am in the minority.
But in reality they should have run away as soon as they saw me.

Last edited:
Like at the Siege of KingsLanding, Tywin Lannister hit the sieging Baratheon army in the flank, and routed them .

Would be cool to have the settlement, under siege, in the flank attack but I suspect the game / hardware couldn't handle 3 armies at once. At least the attacker should take a massive moral shock.

Back
Top Bottom