SP Oriental Heaven and Earth - feudal Japan mod/ Mod Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well most melee weapons can parry, but im not sure about how one would add a block.  :???:

there were some tricks about it.you can use your standard one handed weapon at your right hand while you wield another sword at left hand as a shield.just think a sword-shaped shield

This mod is looking awesome, really looking forward to it and about the no-sheild idea, you could balance the matchlocks to have low damage so it isnt like HA I TEH AWEZOME GUNZ ZAMURAII SAY HI TO BOOMSTICK but so they still have enough punch to put down an armoured guy with quite a few shots, so like the guns aren't effective unless you have enough gunmen to deliver the damage from a distance. Oh and question, is the mod going to have stats rebalanced to make combat more realistic like 1-3 good swings of a sword and your down or like native where its like 2-15 Lol I actually joined this forum for a few reasons this mod being one of them. keep up the good work though

Soldatto said:
Lol I actually joined this forum for a few reasons this mod being one of them. keep up the good work though
i actually quit playing mount and blade until this mod(or second age or the LoTR mod, but mostly this mod) gets released.

Wasn't sure how this modification would play out, but I am glad to see a few screen-shots of its development. Really, the samurai-style has always captivated me and I truly cannot wait for this modification's release. Keep it up, and well done so far.

I am working on a basic yari now but its frigging hard this texturing crap. Even for a basic bloody spear. Wings can be such an annoying piece of crap at times.

take your time.

i knew it was gonna take a while, I gotta finish two factions also before the alpha.
and...
The Shoda are done.

Your good at re-texturing so you reckon if I just UV mapped everything and sent it to you could you do the textures for me? Is that possible?

Probably I planned to retexture them for the other factions...so sure I suppose.

You planned on re-texturing them! No confidence in me is that it? You b@#tard I want a divorce. Wait we weren't married. Or dating.

I'll shut up now and get back to texturing.

On shield/blocking/stuff: the mod Timeless Kingdoms has blocking wakizashi, only it looks strange on your back when you holster it.
If it could be mixed with the standard wakizashi worn on the belt, it would be great.

However, dual wielding was not as common as pop culture suggests. There were no major school (Ryu) for it at the time of the mod (around 1560).
The wakizashi were used to fight in narrow places, commit seppuku, or was worn in places where no katana were allowed.
When a samurai drew both of his swords, you could make sure he was ready to die and will take as many with him as he can.
The wide renown of dual wielding samurai was born with Miyamoto Musashi. (I'm sure you all know him)

Kick ass swordsmen in Samurai Warriors 2 and Warrior Orochi. Damn texturing screw up, anybody tell me what I did wrong with this?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e131/butcher249/****edup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom