SP Oriental Heaven and Earth - feudal Japan mod/ Mod Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shalictar

Well, Since I switched from my desktop to my lap-top, I backed up all my files.
but since I tried to put it on my laptop the resource files were unrecognized and now the mod doesnt work.
I tried to fix some of this with python but shortly after I learned python is incompatible with windows 7.

So due to my lack of being able to work on this mod further and the back up files being corrupt,
I regretfully must say that this mod is closed

greatest appologies, 

Shal-Man

Looks promosing, maybe there are some OSP Samurai armours floating around for more diversity? The strange armour doesn't look that good in my opinion. Any screenshots of the map and other stuff?

Ill have the Screenshots up a little later on the map once i fix some things...Mount Fuji looks really screwed up right now :neutral:

Cool idea and all the best for your project. Are you intending to map whole ancient Japan or just a specific area? The potential of such a mod is huge!

Again good luck, discipline and motivation to you - I am looking forward to it :grin:

ermine said:
Cool idea and all the best for your project. Are you intending to map whole ancient Japan or just a specific area? The potential of such a mod is huge!

Again good luck, discipline and motivation to you - I am looking forward to it :grin:

Thanks, It's focused on Honshu Right now But Ill Include all of Japan if people want it. :wink:

i will look forward to play this mod so good luck on your project
edit: no shields put maybe a parrying blade for certain units that sounds a bit better

tommylaw said:
I'm not sure if removing shields is a good idea for mount and blade.

Imo shields didnt make MaB, the cavalry aspect did.
But back to the point, you could say the same about firearm or cat on stick (if they exist) mods but im sure they are still enjoyable and as fun if not more so than mods that do employ shields.
All it means is that 'sword-play', or 'cat play' given the 2nd example become a more central part and require more skill to use in place of a sheild.

Fair enough shields arn't to guns ( or Cats XD )what they are to swords but im sure they (Samurai / Non shield weilding peoples) would argue the futility or using a sheild when you can drop the weight for a finer arted weapon and still be just as effective.

....And im sure the Ninjas would have many things to say about your point. Why dont you go ask one ? :razz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR68W56DCBU&feature=related

Sushiman70 said:
If you're adding firearms, you definitely shouldn't take away shields.

Anyways, looks like a good start. Good luck.
There wont be many Gunners, but i see your point  :???:

about the sheilds , you could put the sheils as a defencive thing that you put there and leave it there and then rush off  or stand behind it with  bow and arrow but not like  holding it  the whole time

Definitely, leave the shields out. The samurai nor the peasant's didn't use them, it would ruin the mood of the mod :sad: But its your mod and you decide of course. In any case love the idea, and good luck.

baronvctim said:
about the sheilds , you could put the sheils as a defencive thing that you put there and leave it there and then rush off  or stand behind it with  bow and arrow but not like  holding it  the whole time

You would'nt ask a modder to give his 12th Century Crusader Mod high tech laser guns, and so you shouldnt ask the modder to add shields to his feudal Japan mod. If you disagree i'd ask you to at least read up on feudal Japanese warfare before posting ( Thats right, worlds most effective killing machines up until the gunpowder revoloution, and still not a shield in sight right up even till  their destruction )

Gz said:
baronvctim said:

You would'nt ask a modder to give his 12th Century Crusader Mod high tech laser guns, and so you shouldnt ask the modder to add shields to his feudal Japan mod. If you disagree i'd ask you to at least read up on feudal Japanese warfare before posting ( Thats right, worlds most effective killing machines up until the gunpowder revoloution, and still not a shield in sight right up even till  their destruction )
i didn't mean like  carry em on you more like siege shields  defencive thing... it was just a suggestion... don't go kill me on history gosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom