Hear the Casul Roar: We are sad!

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems to me that the actual issue here is that there aren't enough game modes / servers right now - so casual players are being pushed to play Skirmish; a clearly highly competitive game mode. Skirmish is clearly not designed as a mode friendly to newer players. Though i don't understand what's wrong with siege? EU siege is usually pretty damn full; and great fun for everyone?

Also... this thread has nothing to do with the class system... as much as people want to make every thread about the class system. OP did not mention it once.
Casual players can enjoy Skirmish aswell, the problem is they have zero chance against stacks and competitive players, so they end up getting slaughtered and wasting time without having a chance to improve. If skillbased matchmaking was enabled and people were able to fight players their own skill, this wouldnt be an issue. Obviously the playerbase isnt big enough for that anymore, it should have been done on release. Skirmish is intended to be competitive but its not. We dont even have side swaps enabled and theres no MMR at all. Skirmish is as casual as TDM.

People bring up class system because it sucks for casual players. Sucks for everyone really but especially casual.

Hello there...

I am a casul. There are 80% like me. Maybe more? Who knows.

And I am sad.

This game forces me to fight in a 6V6 skirmish mode, wich is available in litteraly every other competitive game out there. I didn't come here to have this as my main course. I came here for large-scale battles! And those are broken (siege) or unbalanced (captain)...

I am forced to fight not just better players in this 6V6 groundhog day... I am doomed to loose again and again versus absolute world champion clans. Some folks out there has more than 3000 hours in Warband alone! Imagine the insane skillgap... Placing a single hit on those dudes is already an achievement for me.

In Warband this was never a problem.

We casuls were hanging around in TDM/Siege doing our small part, while those who wanted more could try Duels or join a clan to fight in large-scale Battles. There was some form of balance and natural separation of common folk, who just wanted to enjoy the game on their level, and professional gamers, who were out there facing their match, instead of stomping newbs. The personal skill was also negated by numbers. You could always team up with buddies to finish off that one crazy spinning dude.

I never felt like **** for being a casul in Warband. I do feel like **** playing this game. And I don't like it.

And before you "GitGud" me, because I definetly see that one coming...

NO.

Casuls like me are 80% of the playerbase... Let that soak in. We do not have 3000 hours to spend in a single game, no matter how we love it. But we still want to play and have fun. Well, we did at the very beginning. Not so much anymore.

I won't give advices or suggestion here, I may not be the best person for that. I do not want to bash better players either just for having more spare time to play than I do. I just wanted to speak out as a casul peasant everyone seems to forget about.

And maybe make you all think on how to make this game shine like Warband did.

Thank you for your time.

Competitve player here and I agree 100 % with you!

Games should be fun, this game isn't

However, I recommend you to check out the Shieldbattle events going on atm, usually that's a multiclan thing but you can also sign up as a player on your own

How is Siege broken?
Crash rates are less then 2 in 1000 matches. We briefly had crashes then FF was turned on but we took it back and it is getting fixed. There shouldn't be any crashes on Siege.

Seems to be way higher when there is higher population. We've been having regular sunday siege events for a good number of weeks now and it's often the case that the server crashes 2 maps out of 5 during those.

Last edited:
the good thing is that only one person needs to push the cart, the rest can protect that person
yeah ^^ siege alone: wont work. And it shouldnt :smile:. siege as a team: shields protecting those pushing: works like a charm. and if a shield falls another can take its place. its a group effort: as it should be..

Once we are sure it is 100% stable, we will move it back to Queue. Friendly Fire crash issue is getting fixed at the moment.
Good to hear(y)
Any chance that TDM will also get a queue? I think it would also help to see how many players are currently playing each gamemode while queueing up.
I really like the atmosphere of the current siege.
But the flag thing is so stupid.
Why is it call Siege when it turns to king of the hill after only a few flags.

The walls and gates don't have enough impact over the whole length of the match.

A while ago I proposed a "classic siege mode"
I doubt it will ever happen but having only 1 flag certainly has it's charm.
The flags actually contain multiple points:
I'm ok with shifting spawnpoints as it removes long ways to action and the necessity of long respawn times for defenders. What I agree with is that the insede of castles is often not as "castle like" as we would wish. Also defenders don't have the possibilit to regain lost ground. Problems arise when the spawn points are not propperly balanced. On Baravenos Encirclement for example it seems much easier to capture G while the outer flags are still there and defenders spawn far away from G.

Another point is the refilling of morale through conquering flags. I know it was made to shorten the matches when the defenders are winning decisively on some maps it causes problems:
On Skala landing for example it often happens that the outer wall is held for quite some time but then defenders loose multiple flags in quick succession, e.g. because the siege tower reaches E. In this case the morale of the attackers goes all the way up from near down to full. For the defenders that means that all the holding before was just wasted effort.

Last we have the spreading of Interest points that forces the defenders to spread out on artificial points even when it would be tactically more senseful to focus on natural bottlenecks.

Also... this thread has nothing to do with the class system... as much as people want to make every thread about the class system. OP did not mention it once.
+1 but you forgot microtransactions.
I think most problems that people blame on the class system in TDM and Siege stem more from the gold system in these modes that sometimes forces you to play a peasant. I bet TW decided for the 100g base gold so they can sell us the extra 20g for all the real classes as a microtransaction?

Last edited:
How is Siege broken?
Crash rates are less then 2 in 1000 matches. We briefly had crashes then FF was turned on but we took it back and it is getting fixed. There shouldn't be any crashes on Siege.

The answer to your question is Cavalry. Cavalry is what breaks siege. They destroy inf, they back cap G, they grief people by spawn killing them, there are horses everywhere blocking the paths, everybody ends up mounting war machines, i mean horses. The last point in the Battanian castle is litterally a Jousting contest.

The answer to your question is Cavalry. Cavalry is what breaks siege. They destroy inf, they back cap G, they grief people by spawn killing them, there are horses everywhere blocking the paths, everybody ends up mounting war machines, i mean horses. The last point in the Battanian castle is litterally a Jousting contest.
Well cav nerf is incoming so... *shrug*.

I think it's also a map layout that makes cav more effective than it should be in siege mode. If we get attacker spawns in relatively protected positions and make the ways to flags less navigable by horse that should also help.

I think it's also a map layout that makes cav more effective than it should be in siege mode. If we get attacker spawns in relatively protected positions and make the ways to flags less navigable by horse that should also help.
Agree, for example during the beta that aserai map was so small that cavalry had next to no chance outside the castle due to the fact people would always see it and archers would devastate it.

In my opinion the aserai test siege map is actually the best map for siege

Yes, premade teams in skirmish are cancer. I got my hours in warband and did pretty well at the release of early access but at the moment 2 out of 3 matches you come up against a premade team of 4 or more and already know you have basically no cance.
would like to play skirmish more (because I'm secretly behind the badges) but with the presence of clans it is just broken. How about a "random only" queue? Or even better: Give premate teams the option "allow team to split for balance reasons". I think that many premate teams want clan vs clan matches and have no interest in stomping random lobbies (at least those whom I won't gleefully offend here).
Hopefully they do this for the eventual ranked game mode. Single to duo queue max would limit the pub stomping experience.
They should just remove cavalry from siege and TDM imo. It is way to easy get top the leaderboard in TDM and siege doesn't seem to have a place for cavalry.

Hopefully they do this for the eventual ranked game mode. Single to duo queue max would limit the pub stomping experience.

They should just remove cavalry from siege and TDM imo. It is way to easy get top the leaderboard in TDM and siege doesn't seem to have a place for cavalry.
Agreed, everything in these modes is better without cavs ruining everyone's fun

Has nothing to do with getting good.
Has more to do with the level of organization you want to play at. Even if you are individually good in the game playing against a a team in solo queue is still unbalanced as heck. For my part I would never join a clan because I want to be able to put the game aside for a month or two when I feel like it without anyone asking questions.

Getting good as an individual will also not help with the imbalances ind TDM and Siege.

And lastly if the game isn't fun for people before they get good then you can hardly exspect new players to stick around in order to get good.

Hello there...

I am a casul. There are 80% like me. Maybe more? Who knows.

And I am sad.

This game forces me to fight in a 6V6 skirmish mode, wich is available in litteraly every other competitive game out there. I didn't come here to have this as my main course. I came here for large-scale battles! And those are broken (siege) or unbalanced (captain)...

I am forced to fight not just better players in this 6V6 groundhog day... I am doomed to loose again and again versus absolute world champion clans. Some folks out there has more than 3000 hours in Warband alone! Imagine the insane skillgap... Placing a single hit on those dudes is already an achievement for me.

In Warband this was never a problem.

We casuls were hanging around in TDM/Siege doing our small part, while those who wanted more could try Duels or join a clan to fight in large-scale Battles. There was some form of balance and natural separation of common folk, who just wanted to enjoy the game on their level, and professional gamers, who were out there facing their match, instead of stomping newbs. The personal skill was also negated by numbers. You could always team up with buddies to finish off that one crazy spinning dude.

I never felt like **** for being a casul in Warband. I do feel like **** playing this game. And I don't like it.

And before you "GitGud" me, because I definetly see that one coming...

NO.

Casuls like me are 80% of the playerbase... Let that soak in. We do not have 3000 hours to spend in a single game, no matter how we love it. But we still want to play and have fun. Well, we did at the very beginning. Not so much anymore.

I won't give advices or suggestion here, I may not be the best person for that. I do not want to bash better players either just for having more spare time to play than I do. I just wanted to speak out as a casul peasant everyone seems to forget about.

And maybe make you all think on how to make this game shine like Warband did.

Thank you for your time.

We just need matchmaking and this problem is no more. I also hate to win every game 3-0 without any fight at all. It gets boring for everyone. We need ranked/unranked matches and also Matchmaking so that when you play ranked you go vs people of the same skill.

We just need matchmaking and this problem is no more. I also hate to win every game 3-0 without any fight at all. It gets boring for everyone. We need ranked/unranked matches and also Matchmaking so that when you play ranked you go vs people of the same skill.
It doesn't address the rest of the issues.

Git gud moth - even the comp scene hates the game though. Sad!
There is no point in getting gud if you need 3000 hours to get there. I don't have 3000 hours to spend on a game. Case closed.

Maybe, a pre-designed learning curve with realistically achievable skill ceiling would be a good idea. Otherwise there is no point for casuls to compete against people who live and swear by this game.

There is no point in getting gud if you need 3000 hours to get there. I don't have 3000 hours to spend on a game. Case closed.

Maybe, a pre-designed learning curve with realistically achievable skill ceiling would be a good idea. Otherwise there is no point for casuls to compete against people who live and swear by this game.
You don't need 3000 hours to have a good time.

You'll definitely struggle a bit, but you'll still do satisfyingly well so long as you make an effort towards actual skill and imagination. You don't need a dungeon item to defeat an enemy. That would be cheesy. The same goes for teaming 3v1 against players on Deathmatch (although I guess that does work if it actually feels satisfying to you). It's just a matter of spectating the good players, getting ideas from what they do, and giving it a good go. You'll be able to surprise even the best of players at times. Having a "mad cuz bad" attitude and citing incidental stuff (e.g. over-the-top feinting) as an excuse isn't going to help. (Trust me, you'd die quicker to an opponent if they didn't feint at all.)

However, this is mostly about Warband. I can't talk from experience about being a new player in Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom