Hear the Casul Roar: We are sad!

Users who are viewing this thread

There is no point in getting gud if you need 3000 hours to get there. I don't have 3000 hours to spend on a game. Case closed.

Maybe, a pre-designed learning curve with realistically achievable skill ceiling would be a good idea. Otherwise there is no point for casuls to compete against people who live and swear by this game.

Once the duel mode is out i believe most people will get better. Im casual as well, but even as a casual, i think its necessary to go spar a bit in 1v1 situations to learn about the different types of feints and to develop some blocking skills. Not doing that will result in you getting rekt in any case. That said, there is not enough players in this game for Taleworlds to implement a proper matchmaking system that sends the pro players fight each others only while the peasants fight in low ranked games. That would be ideal, but it seems impossible, because even though they did implement such a system, the matchmaker has no choice to send us off against pros because its either that or nobody gets to play the game with its 9 players in the queue.

However, this is mostly about Warband. I can't talk from experience about being a new player in Bannerlord.

I have nothing to blame Warband for. I have 300+ hours in it and I always had mad fun there.

Expected the same from Bannerlord. That's all there is.

Once the duel mode is out i believe most people will get better. Im casual as well, but even as a casual, i think its necessary to go spar a bit in 1v1 situations to learn about the different types of feints and to develop some blocking skills. Not doing that will result in you getting rekt in any case. That said, there is not enough players in this game for Taleworlds to implement a proper matchmaking system that sends the pro players fight each others only while the peasants fight in low ranked games. That would be ideal, but it seems impossible, because even though they did implement such a system, the matchmaker has no choice to send us off against pros because its either that or nobody gets to play the game with its 9 players in the queue.

Yes and that is precisely why it should have been implemented on launch so that new or casual players would not have to deal with playing against significantly better opponents

the matchmaker has no choice

Well, most of games have competitive group mode and solo queue, where teams are going to be equally divided by skill level.

There is "Mordhau" game that have duels like that. With ranks like in CS:GO where you will mostly face people of your rank.

But, hey, I said I shall not give recommendations because I know the programming environnement may vary and some things can just not be possible with given structure. Warband didn't have nor need all that so I'll presume devs know what they are doing.

Well, most of games have competitive group mode and solo queue, where teams are going to be equally divided by skill level.

There is "Mordhau" game that have duels like that. With ranks like in CS:GO where you will mostly face people of your rank.

But, hey, I said I shall not give recommendations because I know the programming environnement may vary and some things can just not be possible with given structure. Warband didn't have nor need all that so I'll presume devs know what they are doing.

The matchmaker has no choice because there is no players in it. How can you evenly split players into ranks when theres 9 players total queued for a 12 players mode ?

The matchmaker has no choice because there is no players in it. How can you evenly split players into ranks when theres 9 players total queued for a 12 players mode ?
The matchmaker takes the first 12 to form a party, people are complaining about the empty queue which is smaller then 12. Where is the problem ? :grin:

1 month to Release, MP is boring as ...
Dont know were to begin. Flagsystem, no battlemode, ....
A long way for the MP i think, to become enjoyable.

I think it's only half the problem that experienced and unexperienced players are in the same match. The real problem comes when all the experienced players end up on the same side of said match and that could be prevented with far fewer players in queue.

Its funny, people meme that Captain mode is for casual plebs, but it is actually super unfriendly to casual players as well, maybe more so than Skirmish. About 2/3 of the perk combinations are just bad for Captain, you have to really judiciously manage your commands to prevent enemy captains from kiting your troops, and the formation system is currently very deceiving in the way they should be used.

Trolling/delaying and high-tier solo cavving also turns off casual players, as they are hard to deal with when you're starting out.

I'm hoping that the Perk reworks will help with that AND ONE DAY WE WILL FIX THE FORMATION SPEED ISSUES.
Hopefully it'll be easier to jump into after that.

UPDATE:

I just went back to Warband and played some TDM and Sieges here and there.

The most annoying thing to me in Bannerlord combat is turncap manipulation married with very late cancel animation, wich creates "false" attacks that clip through the player's block. I only noticed that after comparing with Warband, and boy oh boy...

I guess I am going back there in the meantime. Btw, it's 3:30 and there are still lots of folks playing.

We just need matchmaking and this problem is no more. I also hate to win every game 3-0 without any fight at all. It gets boring for everyone. We need ranked/unranked matches and also Matchmaking so that when you play ranked you go vs people of the same skill.
Absolutely.. clan v mixed level randoms is not the fights I'm looking for. 2 organised teams fighting it out (and not just shock v shock madness btw) it's amazing... And I know the next bit I say will be hard to swallow... But newer players in random matches can learn a tremendous amount from fighting clans if they so choose to. However if you just let the frustration of a severe defeat overwhelm you, then you probably won't learn much.

We all started out getting destroyed by organised teams, there is no better learning than studying the enemy and emulating or being prepared for the same thing in the second round maybe with a plan from an experienced player on how to counter their setup. Randoms have to accept that some fights require leadership to win, people who are vocal are often shunned as being bossy or rude... I get why, some vocal players are extremely rude, but some genuinely want to help the team to understand what we need to do to counter the enemy strategy and win. I can't wait for ranked matches, but I really really enjoy being in a random team, fighting against an experienced team, rallying our army to consider a counter strategy and then pulling it off... Very rewarding!

How is Siege broken?
Crash rates are less then 2 in 1000 matches. We briefly had crashes then FF was turned on but we took it back and it is getting fixed. There shouldn't be any crashes on Siege.
Ah yes, the dev completely omitting the point of the player to defend himself in a single point the op made, nice one AVCR, telling OP Siege is not broken fixed the issue, the casuals are happy now
Funny thing is that he did that to me before when I asked for a Battle mode and SA servers. Instead of answering me, he just pointed that I missed a part from a previous Callum comment saying Battle mode was being developed and ommitted my request for SA servers (like they have always have). And I hadn't heard anything about Battle mode yet, is it even still being developed?

See this is why I have no faith in TW's MP vision, the devs are stubborn as heck and with these kind of response it's completely proven that's the way they think and are, why do you answer a concerned player like this? I have no idea, maybe start listening to your players instead of trying to give angry comebacks to them defending your game. Don't defend your game, listen and improve it. You ommitted the crush through issue for a long time and then apologized, well maybe you were wrong about other things too?

Last edited:
Randoms have to accept that some fights require leadership to win, people who are vocal are often shunned as being bossy or rude... I get why, some vocal players are extremely rude, but some genuinely want to help the team to understand what we need to do to counter the enemy strategy and win.
Problem is that communication via chat is only really possible in Captain because in Skirmish you are usually too busy naviagating your character.

In Captain you spend far more time far away from the enemy and in relative protection of your unit so you got your hands free to type messages to the mates. In Skirmish I don't think that's reallyy possible without voicechat.

There is no point in getting gud if you need 3000 hours to get there. I don't have 3000 hours to spend on a game. Case closed.

Maybe, a pre-designed learning curve with realistically achievable skill ceiling would be a good idea. Otherwise there is no point for casuls to compete against people who live and swear by this game.
More like lower sensitivity and go practice blocking for like 20 min the rest is timing and pattern recognition.

Problem is that communication via chat is only really possible in Captain because in Skirmish you are usually too busy naviagating your character.

In Captain you spend far more time far away from the enemy and in relative protection of your unit so you got your hands free to type messages to the mates. In Skirmish I don't think that's reallyy possible without voicechat.
Very true and good point my friend, my ping keeps me from having much skirmish experience that doesn't leave me embarrassed haha! Opening chat while walking forward allows you to auto walk in captain so you can type and keep up with the army your moving into position with (just a fyi incase people didn't know)

Do wot? Lower sensivity? Mouse sensivity? In Bannerlord? You must be joking.Tell me you are joking...

No really, I started out with 0.8 sensitivity on lowest dpi and people told me that was too high. I now play with 0.5 and that is still quite high compared to most other good players who sit at 0.3-0.4.

Every once in awhile I check in on Bannerlord MP (almost always TDM) and I have noticed some players have gotten really good. I think they took the trouble to learn the weird pauses, odd hits and strange animations over time. Unfortunately this sucks for new players since they tend to rely on common sense. As a friend said, at least in Warband I know why I die.

And not having a battle mod, or at least TDM with proper spawn points doesn't help new players either. Traditionally a noob tries to follow the main mass of players, taking protection by blending in with the better players. They play mostly defensive, turtling with a shield hoping a teammate will eventually kill their attacker. Over time they get more confident, and eventually become good players.

Siege is just TDM with more running. I don't really want to get rid of cav, as they make the early game more challenging with sallies, but they should only be able to get in through the main gate, and once there they should not be able to get past the courtyard. Right now all they do is force their way through the defenders then run back and forth with couch set hoping some poor slob will pop up in front of them.

The multi-flag seemed like a good idea, but in the long run it ruins the game. In Warband siege, the attackers generally probe all defenses until a weak spot is found, then most rush in that spot while the defenders do their best to counter attack. In Bannerlord, if that counterattack is a little late, the whole section is lost. If there was a bit more of a command structure, people could be assigned a certain area to defend with reserves ready to be sent to heavily assailed spots... but waiting for enemies is very boring.

So I'd say, besides the obvious 'get rid of the class system', is fix the spawns on TDM and fix the maps on siege.

-bp9RAgf3FROP2EXfYlTURasdjpDr23luSGiCu2-5xWf4gIWtnXVXguaxhRekoxkQkEFt92agG8RHDYzos0xnnM2ozXTOLweX_ZjYfj_IR0f7bKtu63lLAhN8ERHy_FFhDiuDSNlkQ=w2400

Ah yes, the dev completely omitting the point of the player to defend himself in a single point the op made, nice one AVCR, telling OP Siege is not broken fixed the issue, the casuals are happy now
Funny thing is that he did that to me before when I asked for a Battle mode and SA servers. Instead of answering me, he just pointed that I missed a part from a previous Callum comment saying Battle mode was being developed and ommitted my request for SA servers (like they have always have). And I hadn't heard anything about Battle mode yet, is it even still being developed?

See this is why I have no faith in TW's MP vision, the devs are stubborn as heck and with these kind of response it's completely proven that's the way they think and are, why do you answer a concerned player like this? I have no idea, maybe start listening to your players instead of trying to give angry comebacks to them defending your game. Don't defend your game, listen and improve it. You ommitted the crush through issue for a long time and then apologized, well maybe you were wrong about other things too?

AVRC can only answer what he knows, it'd be more irresponsible for him to respond to things he's not certain on.

Management will be responsible for SA Servers as well as where Custom Servers are in prioritization. Your best chance at getting a response from management would be emailing Talesworlds directly, I'm sure LinkedIn will have work contacts for most talesworld management as well. Persistance is your best chance.

Talesworlds needs a Community Liaison, someone who can contact any department and respond individually to questions. Hiring a Liaison doesn't come with the usual training delays that a new programmer would and Community Managers don't seem to fill that role.

Managements multiplayer goals are too high for the resources they've made available, this seems abundantly clear, and throwing more staff at it won't solve most of those problems, but for this problem, it really would.

AVRC can only answer what he knows, it'd be more irresponsible for him to respond to things he's not certain on.

Management will be responsible for SA Servers as well as where Custom Servers are in prioritization. Your best chance at getting a response from management would be emailing Talesworlds directly, I'm sure LinkedIn will have work contacts for most talesworld management as well. Persistance is your best chance.

Talesworlds needs a Community Liaison, someone who can contact any department and respond individually to questions. Hiring a Liaison doesn't come with the usual training delays that a new programmer would and Community Managers don't seem to fill that role.

Managements multiplayer goals are too high for the resources they've made available, this seems abundantly clear, and throwing more staff at it won't solve most of those problems, but for this problem, it really would.
Bruh if you had seen how many times I have asked for servers you would know persistent is not key with these people, I know now we're not going to get anything from them.
And for example, Mexxico talks with the players about the things he agrees with them and actually discuss the things he thinks he's right on instead of giving an edgy teen response, just check the last thread Mexxico talked in, where he argues that cavalry using horses actually improves the gameplay with a good fundament. AVCR on the other hand dismisses most of OP's arguments and just tells him Siege is fixed and not broken, basically he just slapped him in the face and completely avoided the actual point of the conversation, I don't see any way to defend him at all, and given how many times he has done this things and kept this edgy annoying attitude. And you know, even if they added 183849 more people they will keep avoiding the SA problem, because they are VERY aware of us, it's not that they don't have time or people to communicate to us, they just don't want to. Just like AVCR doesn't want to adress the issue that casual players are not all enjoying the MP for very obvious reasons -no, siege being fixed doesn't solve the 3-0 Skimrish rounds AVCR- so instead of doing so they select the most little issues where they can win internet arguments?? Lmao, I don't understand how you're not considering this ridiculous, but it's very ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom