Hear the Casul Roar: We are sad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Bruh if you had seen how many times I have asked for servers you would know persistent is not key with these people, I know now we're not going to get anything from them.
And for example, Mexxico talks with the players about the things he agrees with them and actually discuss the things he thinks he's right on instead of giving an edgy teen response, just check the last thread Mexxico talked in, where he argues that cavalry using horses actually improves the gameplay with a good fundament. AVCR on the other hand dismisses most of OP's arguments and just tells him Siege is fixed and not broken, basically he just slapped him in the face and completely avoided the actual point of the conversation, I don't see any way to defend him at all, and given how many times he has done this things and kept this edgy annoying attitude. And you know, even if they added 183849 more people they will keep avoiding the SA problem, because they are VERY aware of us, it's not that they don't have time or people to communicate to us, they just don't want to. Just like AVCR doesn't want to adress the issue that casual players are not all enjoying the MP for very obvious reasons -no, siege being fixed doesn't solve the 3-0 Skimrish rounds AVCR- so instead of doing so they select the most little issues where they can win internet arguments?? Lmao, I don't understand how you're not considering this ridiculous, but it's very ridiculous.

I agree you should've had a better explanation by now, Armagan has said they're on the way recently but you should be told what's causing the delay so it's not some abstract problem.

Mexxico, NIN3 and other devs have made great contributions as well, but I don't see what else in OPs post AVRC could specifically respond to? He hasn't got the authority to say TW's now going to focus on large-scale battles instead of Skirmish. Nor can he individually solve the lack of player count. The only other thing I see is captain balancing, which he has talked about in other threads.

Just recently he posted about trying to get competitive data of matches without class restrictions to help balance Skirmish, I'm fairly sure that's also being done in his free time. It seems pretty uncalled for to personally assail him, but to each their own I guess.

This is why a Community Liaison is sorely needed, it's someone who can be expected to get these answers, instead we expect more from people whose primary job isn't even to communicate with the community.

Throwing more devs on multiplayer would definitely solve those problems.

You'd be surprised.

The more staff, the more co-ordination is required, the more infrastructure within the company needs to be made. Not to mention you've got to assign someone to teach the new guys internal tools etc. It can often end up slowing projects down even more.

Especially considering Ankara is hardly a Tech Capital and Turkey isn't exactly in abundance of experienced programmers.

You'd be surprised.

The more staff, the more co-ordination is required, the more infrastructure within the company needs to be made. Not to mention you've got to assign someone to teach the new guys internal tools etc. It can often end up slowing projects down even more.

Especially considering Ankara is hardly a Tech Capital and Turkey isn't exactly in abundance of experienced programmers.
Ah yes, more devs means development will slow down on an already barely staffed section of the game. A common thing in the industry.

Ah yes, more devs means development will slow down on an already barely staffed section of the game. A common thing in the industry.

Unfortunately, someone would have to mentor them, and that'd be existing MP staff as they're most familiar with the work they'll be doing.

Plus with that long refactor earlier, it suggests it wasn't designed for easy alteration or patching once legacy code. Other things like not enforcing a standard style or format can make working on other people's previous work a pain in the ass, especially if you're unfamiliar with the code in general.

Unfortunately, someone would have to mentor them, and that'd be existing MP staff as they're most familiar with the work they'll be doing.

Plus with that long refactor earlier, it suggests it wasn't designed for easy alteration or patching once legacy code. Other things like not enforcing a standard style or format can make working on other people's previous work a pain in the ass, especially if you're unfamiliar with the code in general.
You make it sound like most developers in their studio are not familiar with the codebase they wrote, unless you implying they get changed a lot.

Aside from that, we don't know. And like any normal development studio which we should consider TW to be, the more people, the more **** gets done.

But, back on topic, all MP needs is proper spawns on TDM or have single life battles. In skirmish or captain mode one incompetent player can very much affect the battle outcome, and in TDM casuals don't live long enough to figure out the game.

And nobody likes siege.

Give the casuls a safe place to spawn, and let them join a large mass where individual dueling aren't as important.

How hard is it to set team spawn points? And if some maps give a slight advantage to one side, who cares? It's TDM! And its better to lose that way rather than getting couched in the back or spawning into the middle of 5 enemies.

You make it sound like most developers in their studio are not familiar with the codebase they wrote, unless you implying they get changed a lot.

Aside from that, we don't know. And like any normal development studio which we should consider TW to be, the more people, the more **** gets done.

More that new employee's may not be familiar with the code base, so often work on older code to familiarize. Scripts worked on by a single individual may be rather untidy/stringent, especially if it wasn't regularly expected to be altered later or worked on by a bigger/newer team. So you might end up re-doing the new employee's work in audit, or worse miss an alteration in audit that causes bigger problems down the line. I've known limited pool of hireable employee's and low employee count to lead to these issues.

But regardless, community staff aren't potentially effected by this, that was the original point. Hiring more dedicated community staff seems a no-brainer to improve community feedback, and can directly ask the people who can answer the questions we've all been asking.

But, back on topic, all MP needs is proper spawns on TDM or have single life battles. In skirmish or captain mode one incompetent player can very much affect the battle outcome, and in TDM casuals don't live long enough to figure out the game.

And nobody likes siege.

Give the casuls a safe place to spawn, and let them join a large mass where individual dueling aren't as important.

How hard is it to set team spawn points? And if some maps give a slight advantage to one side, who cares? It's TDM! And its better to lose that way rather than getting couched in the back or spawning into the middle of 5 enemies.
I hink it doesn't even need team spawns. Just check which players are near which spawnpoint and make sure people don't spawn to close to their enemies. I think that was how it worked in Warband and I never had trouble with spawning surrounded by enemies.

And nobody likes siege.
Ice cold take. Siege was the most popular gamemode in Warband and was the most popular in Bannerlord when multiplayer actually had players. It was so unstable at launch that many people were driven away, and now the community isnt even big enough to fill a single server, so even though siege is now stable, the few players left just stay on TDM like a group of hobos huddled around a trashcan bonfire.

Last edited:
I hink it doesn't even need team spawns. Just check which players are near which spawnpoint and make sure people don't spawn to close to their enemies. I think that was how it worked in Warband and I never had trouble with spawning surrounded by enemies.
Have people spawn like in the BGs in World of Warcraft. Every 30 secs everybody that is dead respawn all together in a random spot. Instead of having your personal Rez timer, the rez timer is shared for all. Sometimes you die and wait 25 secs, sometimes you die you wait 2 secs depending on how much time left was on the global rez.

It is so much more impactful gameplay with 30 sec respawn time for defenders and long walk for attackers. Then it no longer feels like a glorified TDM match.
Also single flag, ff and less open space for cav spam.

It is so much more impactful gameplay with 30 sec respawn time for defenders and long walk for attackers. You don't feel like it is no longer a glorified TDM match with these changes.
Having people spawn left and right at different times and places, no matter how good the spawn, will keep the same issues in TDM.

Ice cold take. Siege was the most popular gamemode in Warband and was the most popular in Bannerlord when multiplayer actually had players. It was so unstable at launch that many people were driven away, and now the community isnt even big enough to fill a single server, so even though siege is now stable, the few players left just stay on TDM like a group of hobos huddled around a trashcan bonfire.
Siege was and is popular in Warband, but I think it was only popular in Bannerlord because it was the only choice for large battles. We all flocked to it (thinking it would be similar to Warband), but the frustration of having cav running everywhere and the confusion over flags being lost or attacked just made it feel like a chaotic TDM. Myself and my friends could deal with the crashes (we expect that in early release), we just didn't like the part in between the crashes.

The flags seemed like a good idea, but unfortunately it didn't work out.

In 1.5.8 they want to reduce the defender morale loss depending on the number of flags they still hold. Could do a little bit against backcapping but I think it needs at least some testing whether it works.
I think the most important flaw of the flags is that they ofen move the focus away from natural defense/attack points. It forces people to stand around like sitting ducks while it would actually be more sensible to push beyond any given flag to the next bottleneck.

Back
Top Bottom