B Other Havocs sky textures V2. Now with a video showing the skies in action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm now i think about it, is there any mod that attempts to make all armour chainmail look the same? Because i could get a good chainmail texture and apply it to all the armours after im done with skys.

Adorno said:
They look nice, but notice anything strange here?  :grin:

10wsao7.jpg
It reminds me of Star Wars.  :wink: (Read: Multiple suns)

I see some airplane traces in the second version.  :wink:
Good work so far man, it's incredible how little people care for skyboxes.

I just think of them as long clouds that a skinny, i don't think ppl will mind all that much though.
Yeah skyboxes seem to have gone untouched untill now and im quite surprised because just them alone do a good job of making M&B look better.

havoc said:
Hmm now i think about it, is there any mod that attempts to make all armour chainmail look the same? Because i could get a good chainmail texture and apply it to all the armours after im done with skys.
That sounds like a nice idea, if possibly quite troublesome. I had actually planned to change the skyboxes a bit myself but I didn't really know what to do with them. :lol:

Apart from the 'two suns' I really like it, especially the evening sun with dark clouds - perfect.
If you're up for it you could perhaps make a dark and bright version.
I like to use Gutek's dark mipmap and it doesn't go well with the sunny, clear sky.
Just a thought. Hope to see a night sky soon  :smile:

Is it possible for you to make snow flakes falling out of the sky or is it that im just asking to much,i think in some parts of the map where is snow or when is winter time to see snow falling when on battle field  :roll:

Adorno said:
Apart from the 'two suns' I really like it, especially the evening sun with dark clouds - perfect.
If you're up for it you could perhaps make a dark and bright version.
I like to use Gutek's dark mipmap and it doesn't go well with the sunny, clear sky.
Just a thought. Hope to see a night sky soon  :smile:

I could try to do that after i have done version 2.

I really like this one, with large clouds:

The lighting is more interesting (if that makes sense) than the present one:

They are meant to replace each other, right? With only 4 skyboxes there's not much room for variation.

Adorno said:
I really like this one, with large clouds:

The lighting is more interesting (if that makes sense) than the present one:

They are meant to replace each other, right? With only 4 skyboxes there's not much room for variation.

Yeah that one is intended to replace the old one. With the new set i have been trying to make the sky really interesting thats why the new cloud_1 texture has such large clouds.

This looks pretty awesome, Havoc. Haven't played M&B in a while, yet now there's a pile of new mods to try out, including your little addon. Also,

Adorno said:
They look nice, but notice anything strange here?  :grin:

10wsao7.jpg

That's Tatooine :lol:

Back
Top Bottom