GTA IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Ollieh said:
Just wondering, why can't they make it for pc at the same time as they are making the ps3 and x360 versions?

Im gonna be pissed if I have to wait like extra 6 months before I get to play it.  :sad:

The new NVidia chip in the PS3 is twice as powerful as anything offered by Nvidia for the computer, I'm guessing that the extra time is spent on dumbing the game down or waiting for the computer world to catch up.

Buxton said:
Ollieh said:
Just wondering, why can't they make it for pc at the same time as they are making the ps3 and x360 versions?

Im gonna be pissed if I have to wait like extra 6 months before I get to play it.  :sad:

The new NVidia chip in the PS3 is twice as powerful as anything offered by Nvidia for the computer, I'm guessing that the extra time is spent on dumbing the game down or waiting for the computer world to catch up.

If you think so...

And it is not only because of dx10… ps3 just more specialized system but there is nothing really amazing trust me. For example just look at the PC's Crysis. No one PS3 game can show that graphical level for today.

btw, GTA4 delay is a business turn only.

Ok well i thought about weather or not to start a new topic and well to save time and thisis relevent news i decidered not to.

The GTA IV official webpage is now open with much better content then before

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

the extra stuff
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=escuela

Dude, GTA 4 IV is gonna be way better than Scarface (Which I played and didn't really think that much of tbh)

Its gonna be kinda wierd once it comes out, since the main characters cousin, or partner s name is roman, and so is mine. Everyone plays the GTA'S, so my friends will have some new nickname for me. Not that I'm complaining.

phbbbt107 said:
Ridiculously high. I predict something on par with Assassin's Creed. And I'm basing this on pure speculation.
Not necessarily. Rockstar has done fairly good ports in the past, and in the case of San Andreas they even included noticeably better graphics. Assassin's Creed's specs are slightly higher than those of Crysis but the graphics only look a fourth as good--unless their pre-release screenshots don't properly reflect the final game (which is unlikely) this indicates it's going to be a rushed port. Rushed ports have sloppy and unoptimised code, which leads to depressingly-high system requirements. If AC really does need hardware this good but doesn't look all that good in return it will likely undersell, and then they'll blame their losses on the "pirates" (arrr!) and put even less effort into future PC ports.

redsox1804 said:
awesome! theres gonna be multiplayer, wonder what thatll be like.
Probably something like the multiplayer included in the PSP spinoffs, or maybe even something closer to Multi Theft Auto.

I hope they still put weight on the single player mode. That's what games lack nowadays, and that's why m&b is so awesome.

Darian said:
Not necessarily. Rockstar has done fairly good ports in the past, and in the case of San Andreas they even included noticeably better graphics. Assassin's Creed's specs are slightly higher than those of Crysis but the graphics only look a fourth as good
Given that a modern console such as the Xbox360 has an effective six core CPU, why the hell do you think the graphics are the main problem? :lol:

Sound Chaser said:
I hope they still put weight on the single player mode. That's what games lack nowadays, and that's why m&b is so awesome.

Agreed. There is some value to multi-player,
but the core game has to be good.

Rockstar will probably just make it like the other GTA games and add a multi theft auto into it,

I think it's pritty crap the Xbox 360 gets an exta 10 hours of content though damn Micrasoft

Back
Top Bottom