LSP 3D Art Great Helm Add-On v.1.8 (Updated 06.02.10)

Users who are viewing this thread

FrisianDude said:
Aren't the eyeholes usually just blacked in with that model? How come I can see his face?

That's the original great helm model. It was switched out in v.0.732, or somewhere around there.

FrisianDude said:
Huh. It looks like the newer version except for the eyes. Odd that it's been replaced.

I used the existing texture, which is why it looks similar. Aside from the texture and the eyes, I don't think there was a very big difference.

impressive as always, Septa.  i've used your GH add-on since it was first released (in my own personal playground).  'twill be nice to add another to the collection.

regards,
ta

Thanks, I'm glad they get some use. I based this one off the Warband great helm, if that wasn't apparent. I'm not happy with it yet, I'd still like to try and work some kinks out. Tone down the specular some.

A little more progress on that great helm:

FrisianDude said:
Pretty cool too. Is making new Great Helm textures your new hobby? :razz:

I spent the better part of last night working on some visor and ventilation designs based on reference images. You can expect atleast a couple designs to come out of that, so it's a hobby for now. Here's a couple more:

Glad to hear it. I was a bit weary at first, but I think they're coming along. Just about done with the following:

Edit: Issue should be resolved.. feedback is always welcome.

greathelm1.jpg

first, the blue is fabulous.  the M&B item set could use much more blue, i think.  second, the breath holes show me you have learned more patience than i could in 2 lifetimes.  the intricacy i impressive. 'tis one helm which would fetch enough gold to purchase a barony, at least.
when i finally get to include it in my personal playground, i assure you it will be my mainstay helm.

now i need to find a suitable set of armor and accessories to match....

There isn't much sense in releasing any of it until the single player version of the game is available, but I can pack the textures if you want to replace the helmet.

greathelm1b.jpg

no need for that.  i wasn't trying to rush anything; i agree that waiting for official release of WB is best.  i've pretty much stopped all modding until then (in  part because i'm a beta tester for both WB mp and sp).  i reckon i just got too excited to watch what i was typing.

Back
Top Bottom