Getting into Native MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Norwegian

Sergeant at Arms
So as a longtime NW player, I've been thinking of maybe trying to play with some Native clans or something. It seems like fun, but I'm not exactly sure where to start out.

Would you recommend me finding a clan that I'd like and roll with them? Or some other approach? All answers are appreciated, thanks! :smile:

Eduard you're not a veteran yet :grin:

IG is probably the best place to start, they have really nice inter-clan trainings where you can learn as well as scrims to practice against other teams.

Three best servers to practice:
The_Ludus (Duel)
IG_Battegrounds (Battle, all classes)
Native_Groupfighting (Battle, inf only)

If you just rotate between these you will definitely get better. Practicing here by yourself is probably the best, while at the same time getting experience in scrims with your clan.

Getting someone to 'train' you is overrated, not much anyone can do to help you with battle; in terms of duel having someone to repeatedly duel against is nice.

Gibby Jr said:
Eduard you're not a veteran yet :grin:

IG is probably the best place to start, they have really nice inter-clan trainings where you can learn as well as scrims to practice against other teams.

Three best servers to practice:
The_Ludus (Duel)
IG_Battegrounds (Battle, all classes)
Native_Groupfighting (Battle, inf only)

If you just rotate between these you will definitely get better. Practicing here by yourself is probably the best, while at the same time getting experience in scrims with your clan.

Getting someone to 'train' you is overrated, not much anyone can do to help you with battle; in terms of duel having someone to repeatedly duel against is nice.

It is overrated for sure. But if you can find someone, who can explain you every single aspect of the game detaily, I would take it. But I am with Gibby and others, join IG. I heard that they need new players :p

Gibby Jr said:

the guy wants to try it and i recommend him not to waste his time. i also recommend him not to join IG because they are a far-left clan who consider anything racist. i was banned on their server for "hate speech" after stating some facts. they also lost every tournament in, during times, much more skill based games such as war of the roses/vikings.

i didnt have a bad time with it. i have amazing performances while only using onehanded swords without buying shields or helmets even. the fact that people have much play time doesnt mean a thing and certainly doesnt excuse its broken mechanics. there are endless amounts to improve and believe me, if they havent done a good amount of changes in bannerlord, a 2016 customer base wont put up with it.

Bsur said:

You mean that you won't put up with it? If it's the same as this then I'll just pump another amount of insane hours into it. You clearly didn't achieve anything, as you claim to have done, because I have absolutely no idea who you are. I'm not the oldest player, but I know all the big names from the past, and you're not one of them. What broken mechanics are you talking about?
Feinting? That's great, single duels would take over 10 minutes between top players without this and it adds another skill ceiling.
Double-swinging? Another thing that adds an element of skill. If a player does it at a bad time you can just punish them for it, so it's not overpowered.

Hitboxes could be better as could swing recognition, there are a few times where on your screen it displays you swinging in one direction but in actuality you swung in another.
Why should I believe you, someone with considerably less time and experience in the game, about what 'needs improving', when I have a much better idea than you about this?

Native is incredible, such a high skill ceiling to reach and even then you push it higher at the top.

Gibby Jr said:
Bsur said:

You mean that you won't put up with it? If it's the same as this then I'll just pump another amount of insane hours into it. You clearly didn't achieve anything, as you claim to have done, because I have absolutely no idea who you are. I'm not the oldest player, but I know all the big names from the past, and you're not one of them. What broken mechanics are you talking about?
Feinting? That's great, single duels would take over 10 minutes between top players without this and it adds another skill ceiling.
Double-swinging? Another thing that adds an element of skill. If a player does it at a bad time you can just punish them for it, so it's not overpowered.

Hitboxes could be better as could swing recognition, there are a few times where on your screen it displays you swinging in one direction but in actuality you swung in another.
Why should I believe you, someone with considerably less time and experience in the game, about what 'needs improving', when I have a much better idea than you about this?

Native is incredible, such a high skill ceiling to reach and even then you push it higher at the top.

lol im not gonna be able to have a discussion with you if you just make assumptions. first you make the false assumption that i have a bad time with the game, now that i consider feinting a broken mechanic xD. ridiculous.

no, i will probably put much time into bannerlord even if it happens to be as broken as warband. when i say "a customer base", i mean a customer base and not myself. very simple. if i see another post like this im just not gonna reply to you any more.

and yes i came to warband a little later and didnt participate in this forum that mainly seems to be used by your "good players" to pat each other on the back in a circle.

Bsur said:
Gibby Jr said:
Bsur said:

lol im not gonna be able to have a discussion with you if you just make assumptions. first you make the false assumption that i have a bad time with the game, now that i consider feinting a broken mechanic xD. ridiculous.

and yes i came to warband a little later and didnt participate in this forum that mainly seems to be used by your "good players" to pat each other on the back in a circle.

You clearly think you're good, we can go and test that if you want?

I didn't say you thought it was broken, that's why there was a '?' after each, as I was questioning whether or not that is what you thought was broken. If you can't even name specific mechanics, how can you claim it's broken? Just saying 'there are broken mechanics' and not actually naming any is ridiculous. You seem cynical about the players classified as good here actually being so, which is an assumption on your behalf as you haven't played against or seen many of them, guaranteed.

War of the Roses and War of the Vikings are broken trash-games. The fact you even consider them remotely skill based is a testament to how little you know about this game. I played the beta of both and put decent hours into them after release; WOTR has broken blocking mechanics, ie. it is unresponsive and weapons are able to go through blocks simply by holding. War of the Vikings is better, for sure, but it simply doesn't have a high skill ceiling. I was at a point in the beta where there seemed to be nothing more to learn after only 30 or so hours.

Back
Top Bottom