General suggestions thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this is not really a bug report, I will post it here: I would suggest to change some of the helmets, as I think they don't look as great as the rest of the mod:

helmetsm7vg.jpg

As you can see, I marked the helmets green and red, to show you which ones look right to me, and which don't.

The first line consists of helmets which look fine to me (although I don't like helmet 4, it looks somehow "too round" to me  :???: ). They are there for comparation purposes, as the second line consits of helmets I have the feeling they are too "big".

Helmet 6 for example is some kind of polstered cap you normally wear under your great helmet, right? How big is this helmet supposed to be then, if you already look like a football player with this cap?

Helmet 7 also looks just too big. Was there really so much space between the coif and the helmet? I know modern helmets have quite some space between them and your skull, so this would also make sense for a medieval helmet, but nonetheless it just looks awkward  :???:

Helmet 8 looks like some helmet from a fantasy knight of a childrens tale to me. I have seen pictures of such helmet, but the "waist" those helmets had never was that extreme, and it also looks just too big.

Helmet 9 isn't that bad, but to me it still looks to broad, and the faceplate seems to be too big. ON the other hand, the actual helmet seems to be a bit too flat, if you compare it to the other flat helmets on the picture.

Helmet 10 also is too big, and looks just awkward.

Helmet 11 is also too big, and I think here we actually have a "bug" concerning item scale. I don't know if you can see it properly on this small pic, but the collar of the coif is bigger than other coif collars, you can see it clearly if you switch to another helmet and back again.

Helmet 12 is for comparison again. I like it very much.

Helmet 13 and 14 again seems too big to me, if compared with helmet 12.

All in all I would say that a small head/helmet looks meaner and more dangerous (and thus better), while a big head makes you look like a child, a marsian or someone who has an exaggarated fear of taking a scratch. I used to draw comics, so I know  :wink:

I think that you can see the wrong scale nicely on helmet 14 if you look at it in a scene:

helmets4z7wu.jpg

You see the space between the coif and the cheeks? I don't think this is supposed to be.  :???:

Then we have a helmet, which needs to be reworked a bit perhaps, as it severly hampers the carrier:

helmets2h7u0.jpg

He can't see ****  :mrgreen:
There are other helmets, like the kettle helmets from above, where you also don't see the eyes from many angles (which can look badass => comic experience again  :mrgreen: ). But you should at least be able to see them from below.

Edit: and, of course, there is something wrong with the shadows on it. In inventory screen the cloth coif (?) is invisible, but if you click on the helmet and it turns to your cursor, the coif appears. (Btw.: we have the same thing with the Norman helmet with crown, I think)

And finally:
helmets3b7eh.jpg

I know this helmet is historically accurate, but... does anyone else have the opinion that it looks like a fantasy helmet? It seems to fit more to a complete dwarven armour, as the design is very close to Gimli's axe.

Perhaps making the texture darker and dirtier would help a bit  :???:

Agree with some of the statements.
However - biger helmets are not inaccurate.  Actualy the 3 and 5 helmets might be too small for greathelmets and 10 a bit too short. You put a arming cap, coif, a skullcap and then you put you're greathelm - that's normal. Some helmets do have "parachutes"(or whatever you would call them) - as in leather/cloith(?) straps so the helmet would not directly touch you're precious head(which is probably hisotorical as well, as slonim helmet I believe had some evidance of it remaining). Which helps with the hit absorbation. So13 kattlehat looks about right size.

For example kattlehat,with no proper arming cap:
30853_125276710819715_100000121605066_304971_3964864_n.jpg
And the same(I mean litteraly the same helmet) with proper arming caps and properly adjusted "parachute".
12639_1295751953201_1212412321_1244858_8294848_n.jpg

Talking about comical characters:
35206_1338352224526_1402756346_776173_5690693_n.jpg

What's exactly wrong with the curonian helmet? It looks extreamly close to this:
g3.jpg
Being decorated with bronze also indicates that he helmet was not exactly peasents either. Now we could argue about it if it would be the only of this type found. But there are several similar helmets found as well.

Well, it's just the overall look which is annoying me with those helmets.

I know that probably many helmets didn't fit perfectly to their owner (as he couldn't afford custom work), but I still think that the game would look better if the helmets would look like they would fit perfectly. That's it.

@Curonian helmet: I don't know what it is, but the on the picture it looks much more "believable" than on the screenshot  :???:

chilinomore said:
-Tournaments are too hard, too many people in such a small space and lords using their armors are almost impossible to kill all alone.. i hope you can change that.. the original format was good, light armor and practice swords, maces, etc.
Tournament is a kind of jousting between knights in Medieval Time. If you don't have enough strength, don't get involved with it.

As a king it would be great if i could send some soldiers to others of my estates or to one of my lord's estate or to one of my lord directly...

And others (Ai) can have patrols around cities or castles but i don't have this option...

And there isn't any option to change the religion...

Could we get Beer and Wine to add to party morale if present in your inventory (and non-Muslim)?

I can't imagine any European army marching without access to alcohol pre-modern era. And given the frequent risk of water-borne infections, any who tried would brown-trouser their way into attrition very quickly.

This mod is amazing and having been investing all free time playing it (hopefully will be able to break away from its siren like hold its had on me before valentines day).

Had two things I wanted to throw out

1 - Possibility of international tournaments? Maybe something we'd see only a couple of times a year (if its even possible) - would love to see nobles from various nations competing against each other (getting tired of seeing kradus, dranton and marshal at all the meets - though would be nice to be able to talk smack to them).

2 - Wikipedia site for the mod.  As a player it would be awesome to read up on the various historical figures, locations, weaponry = heck everything that  you've guys put into this thing, and I'd imagine it would work as a great tool for your research team too - to compile info and update it on the fly.  I have helped create a media wiki site before (www.virtueverse.com for city of heroes community) and would be willing to help on on setup of another one for 1257.

Ill just repost my suggestions from another thread that went kapow.

About the Balkans... Wasn't there temporarly a frankish "kingdom" in Albania sometime after the fourth crusade? Would't that be a good addition to the Latin Empire?
Another thing. I'm leading a restauratio imperii as a Epirote Byzantine Basileus and it bugs me quite a bit that i cant attack Rome. Maybe it should be part of the HRE or sicily just for gameplay reasons.

kadekawa said:
1 - Possibility of international tournaments? Maybe something we'd see only a couple of times a year (if its even possible) - would love to see nobles from various nations competing against each other (getting tired of seeing kradus, dranton and marshal at all the meets - though would be nice to be able to talk smack to them).
Yeah that would be so nice, really. This is a great mod that i love so much. Thnx  to OTHR and all thhe mod team! :wink: And to consume ale while travelling is a great idea.

Something unexpected happens when 600 days are passed :grin:
Like eastern factions comes to visit or something like that. Or not

STUPID idea... :grin:

KirvesSoturi said:
Something unexpected happens when 600 days are passed :grin:
Like eastern factions comes to visit or something like that. Or not

STUPID idea... :grin:
Yeah, in this world everyone is fighting with each other, there won't be a minute of peace to let anyone hold the "Olympic Tournament".

I hate being too specific so I try go give u just hints and u will have to figure out how to improve that.

1.I would like to know before accepting *Travel quest target specifics faster than canceling quest temporary and checking up "Notes".
a) Target is too far away
b) Target is hostile and hardly reachable.
>>>U could script colors by faction to all Vilages names in quest text or u can add subtext info to specific target village in Quest text.
"Diliver this 10 Wine to Vilnius (Teutotic order)" or smth
"Diliver this 10 wine to Vilnius"
*Most efficient fix would be add Tooltips (like wow or smt) to Warband system but it requires too much hard coding (time), but it would bring Warband to whole new LEVEL!.
2.Map could have more unreachable places such mountains or unpassable forests.
3.Prison captive name- I have limited place in party for my slaves so often i have to consider what to capture but bc of autentic faction's names (instead of one's that is in english) i cannot figure if slave is worth to capture.. My suggestion would be to mark Elite (best) trroops names of that faction by Elite_troop_name* Example "Uber Pwner*".
4.I suggest dont take more suggestions and stay on ur current plan. U still have soo much to do to take new improvements.

1.I would like to know before accepting *Travel quest target specifics faster than canceling quest temporary and checking up "Notes".
a) Target is too far away
b) Target is hostile and hardly reachable.
>>>U could script colors by faction to all Vilages names in quest text or u can add subtext info to specific target village in Quest text.
"Diliver this 10 Wine to Vilnius (Teutotic order)" or smth
"Diliver this 10 wine to Vilnius"

I am all for a more convenient way like a link inside the quest dialogue. But you actually don't have to cancel temporary. You can just click on the quest givers picture and get to the game notes from there. Which is still somehow annoying but at least you don't have to leave the town.

Will you add some new soundtracks and music for upcoming 1.0v of 1257AD?
I really like that new music for old 0.95 pre release of 1257 Anno Domini...but will you something new for the (by my thoughts :razz: )great 1.0?

Thanks and GOOD LUCK othr. :wink:

JankoMega said:
Will you add some new soundtracks and music for upcoming 1.0v of 1257AD?
I really like that new music for old 0.95 pre release of 1257 Anno Domini...but will you something new for the (by my thoughts :razz: )great 1.0?

Thanks and GOOD LUCK othr. :wink:

he could be the problem is copyright stuff

tayfuntay said:
And there isn't any option to change the religion...

There is. Check your Minister, which is usually a wife or a companion or a civilian/citizen (worst choice, apparently)

What I would like in addition to choosing/changing religion, is choosing/changing culture for troop types for the custom player faction. AND that choice be VISIBLE in all towns, cities, etc, that the player kingdom controls, just like for starting factions.

Does SVN address this? 0.95pre doesn't it seems, 'cause custom player kingdom is always Western troop type culture

It would be nice that if we make our companion to be a lord, his troops will be from our culture/religion which we choose, not their origin troop.

And for little more estetic: Great would be if we could choose the titles for our custom kingdom. One big NO, to the title of 'Lord'. If I take islam i want to call my peoples Amir/Emir etc etc
Some possibilities would be really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom