General Criticism

Users who are viewing this thread

Played singleplayer about 20 hours, here are my impressions:

Besides the game being unfinished with little content and being unbalanced (Devs are aware of this much), what stuck out to me was the combat.

I'll boil it down to pros and cons

Pros:
-Duel Exhanges are kinda cool
-The AI is smarter and fun to fight
-You can shield bash now
-Chain attacks are kinda cool

Cons:
-Glances make no sense, when I glance it feels like I shouldn't have and I barely glance when I should. Weapons also seem to swing too wide making this even more apparent as you can walk to the far right of someone facing forward and they'll still hit you rather than glance.

-Stagger, is it even still there? Needs to be

-Cleave should require you to hold attack for a bit

-Delays in blocking makes the game feel unresponsive and combat feel slow

-Chain attacks, with everything above, just encourages mindless spam swings

-The un-centered camera is a huge annoyance inside of combat

Basically all the depth of the combat has been removed and we're left with an unbalanced mess. For the record, I don't hate them adding new features to the combat. I hate them removing the balancing features that were previously in. If they kept staggers and glances the same and built off of warband's system as a foundation it would be exponentially smoother. I've never had more frustration with a combat system before, win or lose it's a mess.

Also game being unbalanced with skilling and item stats means that footwork early on is bound to feel like ****. Also means ranged is over powered. Though I think they're aware of that much.

You know that's it's a new engine right? They cant just copy paste the code from warband. The game is still in early access they've only been working on gameplay for 3 years which is basically the core mechanics now they're gonna add on to it I'm sure that they'll add glances and staggers and even auto block.

You’re aware that your skills are low and that’s why combat and slow and relatively unresponsive? Improve your skills and you will be fighting running and dodging like a ninja. People should really be more informed before they post.

You’re aware that your skills are low and that’s why combat and slow and relatively unresponsive? Improve your skills and you will be fighting running and dodging like a ninja. People should really be more informed before they post.
I see this happening a lot, people should realise it

You know that's it's a new engine right? They cant just copy paste the code from warband. The game is still in early access they've only been working on gameplay for 3 years which is basically the core mechanics now they're gonna add on to it I'm sure that they'll add glances and staggers and even auto block.

Actually you CAN copy paste code. What you you think otherwise? It's a new engine I doubt it's a new language.

I don't think chain slash is an issue. It's easy to defend against (by just blocking) and gives the aggressor another option for damage.I think it's a good counter against players who randomly, instantly swing right after they're hit instead of them going for a block.

Back
Top Bottom