Gamescom 2018 expectations

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings Lords and Ladies,

we all know that we will meet TW at the Gamescom this Year and lot of us think, "What will they Show us or introduce to us", so my big question:

What expectation do you have ?

Gameplay video sure, but of what?
Maybe some new Feature ?
A playable Demo?
More Multiplayer, like last year?

Many of us hopes for a release date, but my opinion is that we will not get a release date so far and I also hope that I am wrong.

I couldn´t find a topic like that, just this one https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,374504.msg8925858.html#msg8925858 , but it is a older Thread  about the speculation of TW at the Gamescom.

I think they will show the campaign mode more.
We will get to see a lot of things about diplomacy also they will show some nice siege battles.

They will probably also show the other new MP mode.
I dont think they will give a playable demo but I expect a release date honestly.

Btw I would love them to show a siege one life multiplayer mode.

DeusPuppy said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

Yeah, that would be soo Cool  :shock: :grin:

That sounds horrible from a gameplay perspective. What if an ally teamkills you on purpose or on accident. Or you die within the first few seconds of spawning as attacker because defenders spam arrows on the spawning location. Then you will need to wait the entire round to join again.

Blead said:
DeusPuppy said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

That sounds horrible from a gameplay perspective. What if an ally teamkills you on purpose or on accident. Or you die within the first few seconds of spawning as attacker because defenders spam arrows on the spawning location. Then you will need to wait the entire round to join again.

I think there is a kind of Spwan Protection, so you can´t get killed instantly and it should be a Spawn Area for the Attackers or maybe there are like Spawn Waves, so you don´t have to wait very long

Blead said:
DeusPuppy said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

Add a few AI bots to the mix, when you die your soul gets violently ripped out and hammered into one of your ai companion lads... If each team starts with 20 or so bots... People won't start getting picked off untill mid game where everyone is more spread out, and there is a noticeable front appearing.

Also when people disconnect, leave, or spectate, just make their character a bot. Now when someone joins, they can assume their position, or when their teammates die, hopefully recover that bots position.... All assuming it/she/he doesn't get killed by the other team... Hopefully they make AI bots play a bit more conservatively.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
We decided not to attend E3 this year and instead focus all of our attention on finishing the game. We will be at Gamescom though, so see you there! :smile:
Take what you want from this statement.

A good look at the "finished" campaign map, a SP gameplay video that shows enterprises, minor factions, and the horse armor/equipment to a better degree than the blogs. If not a release date, hopefully some more specific info on when to expect one, i.e. "We're looking at about another year of development, give or take 5 months," or "We're working on some brand new things we haven't discussed with fans yet, which means we'll be looking at another 2-3 years." Something like that would go a long way to easing the mistrust that has built between TW and some of their fans, and as long as they kept us updated throughout the process, even a minor delay wouldn't cause too much trouble I feel.

My expectation is another multiplayer mode. My hope, however, is for a release date or at least if not a release date, then for the love of god something single player. Similar to PC Gamer Weekend, but this was over 2 years ago, so surely there must be much more to show us!

I think if we get a release date at Gamescom, a 2018 release is still possible, but not likely at all. What I expect if given a date, would be a multiplayer beta late 2018/early 2019, and release early-mid 2019. Come on Armagan, give us something!
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
We decided not to attend E3 this year and instead focus all of our attention on finishing the game. We will be at Gamescom though, so see you there! :smile:
Yes well "finishing the game" does not necessarily mean they are close to finishing. It certainly sounds like that, but ive seen people look into things devs/mods here say all the time and its never as meaningful as they think. Besides, in the dev blog Callum says "The preparations needed to attend an event such as E3 takes a lot of time, effort and resources, and right now we think it is better to focus on the development of the game". Most we can do is hope that he let slip that they are finishing the game in that post XD

Why a new gamemode? The only other gamemode for multiplayer that I think they could possibly show off is either a battle royale, or some coop bot survival game mode

+JuanNieve
I hope they improved the hair physics we saw on siege defense video.

Now looking at that video again(extended version with Armagan's commentary) I realised horse hair physics also werent there so they probably  have already taken care of that.

KhergitLancer80 said:
+JuanNieve

Now looking at that video again(extended version with Armagan's commentary) I realised horse hair physics also werent there so they probably  have already taken care of that.
In fact, in the latest gamescom videos not all Khuzait helmets have animation. All of these are minor details that they surely gonna finish

JuanNieve said:
KhergitLancer80 said:
+JuanNieve

In fact, in the latest gamescom videos not all Khuzait helmets have animation. All of these are minor details that they surely gonna finish

I thought some of their helmets' plumes were bounded to the back of their helmet for some reason  :lol:

Rainbow Dash said:
Why a new gamemode? The only other gamemode for multiplayer that I think they could possibly show off is either a battle royale, or some coop bot survival game mode
I could be wrong, but I figured he meant different from the E3 captain gameplay demo, as in they would show the skirmish mode or something that has been discussed already, but not shown in detail, rather than an entirely new mode.

vicwiz007 said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Yes well "finishing the game" does not necessarily mean they are close to finishing. It certainly sounds like that, but ive seen people look into things devs/mods here say all the time and its never as meaningful as they think. Besides, in the dev blog Callum says "The preparations needed to attend an event such as E3 takes a lot of time, effort and resources, and right now we think it is better to focus on the development of the game". Most we can do is hope that he let slip that they are finishing the game in that post XD
What I took from that is ; "we would rather work on the game than attend an event but we will attend gamescom." That in it self says something.

Back
Top Bottom