SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

kjeltringen said:
With 100 relations and 6 persuasion with Jommo ,who has no fiefs btw, I still can't persuade him. No frigging way with any other lords either
If you turn debugging/cheat mode on and try to persuade, what numbers pop up for your odds?

Cozur said:
Just for fun: If you could change one feature in ACOK, what would it be?

Not a new feature, not the removal of a feature, but changing an existing feature by tweaking it a bit.

Making marriages more useful. Right now marriage has pretty much no use. When marrying a lady from another faction, the relation with this faction should rise like +50. Maybe the ability to add and remove troops from father-in-law's castle/town, maybe gain some profit. Maybe the ability of giving orders (follow, raid, etc..) to spouse's family member.

I couldn't see any numbers, even though the game was in edit mode and I could see every unit on the map.
After cheating quite a lot and got my persuation up to 10 I got him, but that's a bit much. At 6 and 8 he wouldn't even go into dialogue

When you fail once you have to wait a while unless you use the cheat to reset the lords opinion that might be why it didnt go to the dialogue

Quick update on 1.4:

Long way off, but there's good news.

Wages have been reduced a bit, and trading has been fixed. Also working on re-introducing pretenders.

If someone got a screenshot of the error message from the boat on land bug, I can get around to fixing that as well.

now that you have made lances so they break after a certain amount of use, are you going to give them the buff thing e.g. banded or reinforced lances which last longer and maybe bent cracked ones which maybe have worse stats and break sooner like the sheilds do?

Cozur said:

Not a new feature, not the removal of a feature, but changing an existing feature by tweaking it a bit.

I would love a tournament mode like in 1257AD with the duel mode in the equipment you actually own. It seems to come about as close to a real tournament as the engine allows it and those team fights from the vanilla game, specially with an uneven number of teams, feel somewhat meh.

And the unit costs need a tweak, specially if you cut the ability to buy land out of the game. A fief should be able to sustain at least a reasonable garrison and part of a larger Army as long as it isn't really poor. Having to build enterprises and buy land in almost every city, before you can even think about taking a fief is tiresome, but it seems you are already working on that.

Hey just coming back to warband after a long time gone (actually dont think i've ever played WB, but played the last M&B) is retinues a mod thing? If so, there's a small bug, as part of the sign up speech, you're told you'll get "food of course" but there's never any allownace given, and your party can starve

Cozur said:
Quick update on 1.4:

Long way off, but there's good news.

Wages have been reduced a bit, and trading has been fixed. Also working on re-introducing pretenders.

If someone got a screenshot of the error message from the boat on land bug, I can get around to fixing that as well.

This might be the friendliest sounding post I've ever seen from Cozur XD

I put the error message on the thread somewhere a few weeks back, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Heres the message I got when I first put it on the thread:

SCRIPTERROR ON OPCODE 1676: Invalid Map Icon ID -1; LINE NO: 15:
At game triggers trigger no: 48 consequences

Also, I was getting a whole bunch of error messages when I tried to check relationships with the ladies of the world. I could start a new game and get the error for that if interested

Stravask said:
r3ck said:
Hey guys,

I have some questions. [...]

"Yeah so the in-depth political system isn't as good as SoD but can you all answer my billion questions anyway kthxbai" lol
Way to ask for help buddy

A) You can visit your Minister in your capital (you had to select one when you first became a faction, if you have a wife it's probably her) and talk to them about affairs of state. There's a dialogue option for granting fiefs (you can shift around who owns what in this way but you risk pissing off vassals). If you want to claim it for yourself, it has to be unclaimed, and you have to choose the "I want to take ____ for myself" option.
B) Once you've granted a fief to a vassal you have to trade to get it for yourself, so if you think you might want it you should probably take it.
C) Same as granting a fief to a vassal, go into the affairs of state option, "grant a lord a fief", and it should be in the list.

I don't know what you mean by "choose other marshal in my main city", I'm assuming its how you give another lord in your own faction marshal powers so they're able to take military actions on a larger scale.

item household is where you store stuff like ale, wine, oil, wool, etc. Basically stuff out of the goods menu in stores. When you want to send a lord a gift, host a feast, and other faction-stuff that requires materials, those materials are pulled out of the inventory in your household.

Armory I'm not sure about cuz I never tinkered with it, but I'd assume it has to do with equipping units as talking to your military guy he mentions it. It might just be extra inventory space.

If you want to change your factions diplomacy that's another thing you go to your Minister for, talking about affairs of state. I'm assuming you're referring to the slide bars that pop up when you first made your faction.

ok i have only choosen a noname npc as minister, so i have to chose a "hero" so i should have all the options to give vassals towns etc. i will try that

thought the same about the marshall thing

yes i heard about the item household and feast etc. but you can choose betweet household and pool.
whats the difference between those two?

yes i was referring to the slidebar. again it seems i have to choose a hero instead of a noname

thanks for your time!

Cozur said:
Kintaro said:
Cozur said:

I would remove the random events because I think most players are saving every 10 seconds while traveling on the world map, just to quickload if a negative event occurs.

Damn, that would have been mine.

In that case the 1257 Tourneys are brilliant. I love not needing to have team mates as it always ends up with you getting ganged up on and dying.
In 1257AD I managed to defeat all 7 opponents one by one at level one as a noble start (So had a horse and spear) by dodging around them for roughly 3 minutes each fight, was awesome.

- So essentially I would like the ability to do tourneys 1v1 as well as team v team along with using your own gear (which is more true to Westeros tourneys anway)

r3ck said:
yes i heard about the item household and feast etc. but you can choose betweet household and pool.
whats the difference between those two?

thanks for your time!

I'm like 90% sure the item pool is probably just more storage space, but I never used it so I can't ell you for sure lol

Ideas for pretenders? (I'm probably going to regret this)

So far, I got Vezenkor Adarys, the grandson of Goldentongue, pretender to Tyrosh.

Don't need pretenders for every faction.

Cozur said:

So far, I got Vezenkor Adarys, the grandson of Goldentongue, pretender to Tyrosh.

Volantis-

Either:

Nyessos Vhassar of the elephants
Doniphos Paenymion of the elephants

Dothraki-
Any lore friendly named Dothraki from the same break-a-way Khalasar really since all that matters is strength of arm

The Iron Islands-
Possibly Euron but not really a fan of this since he takes power another way after aCoK.

Edit - don't like the Iron Islands suggestion. Only two I can really endorse are the Volantis (Which I believe works well) and the Dothraki

Cozur said:

Is Vezenkor Adarys an actual person in the book series? I can't seem to recall him.

First one to come to mind is the Tattered Prince himself; he was elected Prince of Pentos and fled because of the traditional death sentence that comes with the title; the magisters "sacrifice" the princes to appease the gods, supposedly.

The Tattered Prince only leaned back on his stool and said, “Double does not pay for dragons, princeling. Even a frog should know that much. Dragons come dear. And men who pay in promises should have at least the sense to promise more.”

“If you want me to triple—”

“What I want,” said the Tattered Prince, “is Pentos.”
-The Spurned Suitor, A Dance with Dragons

Of course, you have said that we can now hire the Windblown, so how that works with Rags is another matter.

Perhaps joining the Tattered Prince in his quest to reclaim Pentos means you control the Windblown. I'll have to think about it, but I think he's a likely candidate.

Cozur said:
The Volantis ones don't make any sense, both of those are ruling triarchs of the city already.

Never actually noticed they are both already in the faction as vassals.
Which strictly speaking doesn't make sense either.

Cozur said:
Perhaps joining the Tattered Prince in his quest to reclaim Pentos means you control the Windblown. I'll have to think about it, but I think he's a likely candidate.
Interesting. Just had an idea - in the mod, we meet Daenerys in Meereen, correct? Therefore the Tattered Prince is already in the general area of Slaver's Bay. Perhaps he can first be met there, and after speaking with him, a flag may be set that allows him to appear on the main map, allowing the pretender story to proceed, along with recruiting the Windblown.

Back
Top Bottom