Users who are viewing this thread

Does the game mechanics provide for the seizure of power after the death of the king?

That is, if the ruler dies, and the player was a vassal of this ruler, and they had a marriage alliance, then can the player take the kingdom after the death of the ruler

Unlikely, since you don't join the clan of your spouse. Contrarywise, they join your clan instead. As far as I know this is the case no matter the sex of the player character - so what would seem a viable opportunity for a medieval lady just works in a completely emancipated manner in Bannerlord.
So the rulership would most likely be passed to the heir of the previous ruler - his son, brother or probably just the oldest man in the ruler clan - I'm not sure how exactly it works really, but I've seen Caladog being constistently suceeded by Muinser, who's not directly related.

I think there is a console command to make yourself the heir to the leader of a faction. I have often thought about making myself the heir to the King of Vlandia and then arranging for the king to have an "accident".

perhaps with the help of influence it would be possible to take the throne, say by luring the vassals to their side after the death of the king.
The only question is whether the game provides such mechanics or something similar

Back
Top Bottom