Full release please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Paroni

Recruit
Any possibility release full release!There are many big mods waiting for that.They won't release their mod unless Bannerlord is ready.
I know many things are unfinish but should them fix afterwards.This is way how this game go forward by big steps IMO.

Whats the point in releasing the game when you have significant updates after that? The problem for modders is not wether the game is released or not, but wether future updates will break their mods.

It's there whole compiling system needed after each update that breaks mods. For instance ive written some mods for games over 10 years old that have been updated probably over 30-40 times and they still all load up fine right now

TW needs to find a better way..

That´s why the best thing that can happen is that TW just adds those few features from their so called "roadmap", do whatever stupid balancing/changes they like (Pila as a non throwable weapon, genius!) to the current system in between and then release the game. And after that only focus on bugfixing and DLC to get more money (so the one that shall not be named doesn´t get mad).

But it won´t happen in Q2/2022, let´s pray for Q3/2022. Then we will have enough mods that fixes TWs Vison design decisions and add depth and fun after the early game to the gameplay in Q4/2022 and in mid/late 2023 the first good overhaul mods.

Then TW can do whatever the **** they want like Space and Lasers The Vision or a mobile port.

Just keep in mind:

Dejan said like 3 weeks ago, that the design team will consider if the Pila should be a throwable weapon, think about this madness! No decision made until now as it seems. Every sane person knows that it doesn´t make any ****ing sense to give the Legionary a Pila that can´t be thrown (or at least any sane people who play the game actually). I mean you can talk about that the Pila shouldn´t be thrown (which is stupid) but then give them a ****ing other weapon that they actually will use in those fast paced battles! It´s their ****ing top tier inf melee unit...

I can confirm that their ability to throw the pilas was removed intentionally. It's still being discussed internally though. If you have any specific feedback related to that, I can forward it.

Took also only some weeks to even confirm this (good communícation!)

Like if the game would break if they could throw it as they could before they made the change NOBODY (please proof me wrong, maybe I missed those threads here, on reddit, on steam) asked for (new forum people even report this as a bug, which makes sense)...this change was made months ago, first players questioned it, then players demanded a change and it took TW weeks to even CONSIDER a ****ing change.

Like they are sitting in their meetings at the end of 2021:

"Yea, we have some reports about some unbalanced stuff that effects the "world" progression?"
"Really? Which ones?"
"Caravans, Diplomancy, Economy and Siege battles were mentioned most of the time, but we also have a lot of more minor issues."
"Oh alright, but what about the Legionarys?"
"Huh, what do you mean?"
"They have a Pila don´t they?"
"Yea, sure. They are top tier unit, inspired by romans."
"But why can they throw the pila?"
"Because that´s how it was used historically. But what about those other issues I´ve mentioned?"
"Those are not important right now, let´s focus on the more important things. I think the Legionarys are even a reason for the other issues. And They have a pila! Make it non throwable to weaken them."
"This doesn´t make any sense, are you drunk?"
"No! But I see the big picture, I have a vision"
"How should I sell this our community?"
"Community?"
"The people who loved Warband and are active in the forums."
"Who?"
"The guys who bought the game."
"Nothing as always, if they complain wait some weeks...tell them the usual stuff and go on."
"Ok, so we fix the economy?"
"What about the console port?"
"It´s going okay, we need like 2-3 years to finish it."
"2-3 years???? **** it, we need it in 2022!!!"
"But we haven´t even finished the PC version?"
"It´s not important, a lot of those idiots already paid, consoles!!! There is the money!"
"But we have a lot of issues to take care of."
"And I have a lot of money to make! Pilas it is, also rethink this sheep texture, it doesn´t fit The Vision!"
"Ok."

Madness! Let them end this **** show as soon as possible...also keep in mind that TW aren´t two guys having fun making their first game but a company that made ****ing millions out of our EA money. Think about this...they value feedback for sure!

It´s sad that we need to rely on dudes that work for free in their spare time to get the game we wanted, but that´s how it is.

Last edited:
Sure i WANT also a full release, but be fair, in the momentary phase it would only mean a very unfinished product with much many following fix-updates, so again no modding possible, because after every update unplayable.
The release should be if ''perhaps'' also devs can take responsibility for it and not only because reason left some folks.
But again, i want also a stable version so further 'buildings' are possible, but those must be possible to make.

Any possibility release full release!There are many big mods waiting for that.They won't release their mod unless Bannerlord is ready.
I know many things are unfinish but should them fix afterwards.This is way how this game go forward by big steps IMO.
Bannerlord isn't ready for full release. Releasing now would waste all the hype for returning players to come back and realise the game is nowhere near complete. Big mods also wouldn't be ready to release even if release happened right now.

It's not release that's holding them back, it's completion of mod tools. Which they expect to come by release. That's what they mean by waiting for release.

With the state of the game ATM, I don't expect any full release until Late 22 .. maybe even early 23.. they need to build a quality base game so modders have something great to work with ..... :grin: ....

Back
Top Bottom