Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

After a bit more time to consider it and some prodding from Earendil, I've decided we'll probably be OK with increasing the limit of group discussion boards from 2 to 3. So, that's now set.

@Janus
That is great but now I want to move some of my threads between subboards and I do not seem to have any way of doing that, would that be a possibility for group admins? (merging would be useful also)

That is great but now I want to move some of my threads between subboards and I do not seem to have any way of doing that, would that be a possibility for group admins? (merging would be useful also)
Unfortunately not currently possible. A feature request was posted for this a while back, which may or may not be feasible for the addon dev to implement. We'll see.

Meanwhile, if it's important, you can ask a Global Moderator to move threads for you.

In "The Citadel - General Discussion" many of the threads made don't belong there.
Some feedback and suggestions are in this main page (for example).
The problem is that threads posted here always get more views and discussion, while in the proper "Feedback & Suggestions" topic (and others) you don't get as much community feedback (views/comments...). Also, this causes people to off-topic and concentrate all the discussion into 1 or 2 threads because one person said "**** you".

Threads need to be posted where they should.

The current system of the forums benefits who doesn't follow the rules.

This issue is harming the community and the discussion.

Edit:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...the-game-more-immersive-and-flavorful.430349/ - a suggestion in the general topic; tons of views and discussion, his point of view is being benefited over the others;

Please have a moderator moving the threads into the proper location and/or implement a reporting system for other users to highlight the problem so that the moderator has an easier job.
Also, make sure people know where to post things, maybe even a search system to identify the place to post – having a set of keywords related to each topic (ex.: the user enters “bug” and “multiplayer” – a certain number of results appear with a general description of what it is for, then according to that, people choose where to post.

Last edited:
How about turning a template of "How to report a bug" into an actual convenient form which players can fill in and report a bug much faster? Something similar to this, only adapted for bug reporting.

I, personally, always getting lazy copying and pasting the template for bug reporting and I think I'm not the only one that lazy :razz: This would've made the reporting process much more convenient and fast.

How about turning a template of "How to report a bug" into an actual convenient form which players can fill in and report a bug much faster? Something similar to this, only adapted for bug reporting.

I, personally, always getting lazy copying and pasting the template for bug reporting and I think I'm not the only one that lazy :razz: This would've made the reporting process much more convenient and fast.
Implemented, thank you for reminding us of this!
In "The Citadel - General Discussion" many of the threads made don't belong there.
Some feedback and suggestions are in this main page (for example).
The problem is that threads posted here always get more views and discussion, while in the proper "Feedback & Suggestions" topic (and others) you don't get as much community feedback (views/comments...). Also, this causes people to off-topic and concentrate all the discussion into 1 or 2 threads because one person said "**** you".

Threads need to be posted where they should.

The current system of the forums benefits who doesn't follow the rules.

This issue is harming the community and the discussion.

Edit:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...the-game-more-immersive-and-flavorful.430349/ - a suggestion in the general topic; tons of views and discussion, his point of view is being benefited over the others;

Please have a moderator moving the threads into the proper location and/or implement a reporting system for other users to highlight the problem so that the moderator has an easier job.
Also, make sure people know where to post things, maybe even a search system to identify the place to post – having a set of keywords related to each topic (ex.: the user enters “bug” and “multiplayer” – a certain number of results appear with a general description of what it is for, then according to that, people choose where to post.
We've done a few changes to the "Feedback & Suggestions" board. Now that board is meant for pure suggestions whereas feedback can be posted in the The Keep - Singleplayer and The Fields of Valour - Multiplayer. Naturally, a great deal of feedback will still spill into the Citadel but we've at least narrowed it from 3 to 2 sections. We'll also monitor these changes and further improve the system as needed. Moderation will also take a more proactive role to make sure threads are in the right boards. Notices have also been added to the top of the Suggestion boards for further clarification. Guidelines will also be/are already adjusted.

In fact, we were all surprised when you posted this as we've been discussing it for a few days already. Thanks for bringing it up.

Last edited:
Implemented, thank you for reminding us of this!
That's the speed! Thank you for this, but could you please make it a little bit more detailed? Like adding a line "Related settlement" and "Related quest" which will be optional?

Moderation will also take a more proactive role to make sure threads are in the right boards.

Thank you for the quick response. Please do it, I don't think it's fair that some suggestions are being favored over the others, that might lead to a biased community opinion.

Also, I think having a firmer grip on "trolls" would be nice. Some users with that behavior shouldn't be allowed to spam threads and comments about the same issues over and over (in my opinion).

Last edited:
That's the speed! Thank you for this, but could you please make it a little bit more detailed? Like adding a line "Related settlement" and "Related quest" which will be optional?
We feel like this is good for now, adding even more fields (even if optional) might deter players from submitting the bug report (either due to confusion or just not willing to go/read through all the fields). We can expand further if needed at a later date though.

We feel like this is good for now, adding even more fields (even if optional) might deter players from submitting the bug report (either due to confusion or just not willing to go/read through all the fields).
I would've argued with that, but you're the boss here :smile: By the way, do you have any plans for implementing a picture support for the forums? So we could upload screenshots directly to the forum, not to any other resources like Imgur?

By the way, do you have any plans for implementing a picture support for the forums? So we could upload screenshots directly to the forum, not to any other resources like Imgur?
We still have no plans to allow any form of attachment uploads (images or otherwise) to the forums.

I have noticed that in https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?categories/classes.686/, the resolution of the images of units is rather low. I know the main intention is to help identify the troops in order to discuss balance, mechanics and general design, but I think it's also important to discuss the finer details of the characters and having a low resolution image with only the front perspective doesn't allow that.

That said, I would ask the devs to update the images to a higher resolution and, if it's possible, from at least 2 perspectives - front and back. Also, we can't see the mount's and their equipment, would be nice to have them as well.
And, if you are willing to go next level, I would propose using a 3d model viewer like this https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/lor...od-of-empire-1b28335871424419be49652eb1d84261; https://marmoset.co/toolbag/viewer/?utm_source=inapp&utm_medium=menu&utm_campaign=viewer;
Or simply a turntable gif or video, like this https://cdn-animation.artstation.com/p/video_sources/000/002/948/cersei-turntablemarmoset03.mp4; https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com.

Hello!

I would like to offer to restrict user signature maximum height to 150 or 100 pixels. Currently they are way too large. For example, in a reply with 1 line of text, the 200 pixel signature will take like 75% of the message, which is a huge waste of space (especially considering minimalistic design of the forum).

Thank you for attention!

I'd say it's rather a question of reducing the waste of space on useless garbage in signatures. Especially considering that some dudes have severe lack of good taste :wink:

why not just go to your account preferences and turn off seeing other people's sigs?
Something tells me that there is a small difference in reducing the size of signature and its complete removing.
Besides, can't deny myself the pleasure of laughing at bad examples.

Back
Top Bottom