Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

But then images would be skewed, overly small and just cumbersome to look at; I'd most definitely prefer a clean scrolling experience rather than bulky comments where in some cases the signature dwarfs the actual message. It makes sense for the mobile version to have the same core functionality as the desktop version without the unnecessary features to bulk up the screen. :smile:

Irrelevant. If the default is off and we have a choice to turn it on, literally nobody loses out. There is no downside to having the option.

an option
Irrelevant. If the default is off and we have a choice to turn it on, literally nobody loses out. There is no downside to having the option.

There's no point in having an option though, there's no benefit in seeing signatures, it's cumbersome for everyone as the images and signatures would be skewed since phone screens are just too small to have the signatures; as Callum pointed out, if you wanted signatures you can also request the desktop mode. There's probably a bit of work involved when adding signatures to mobile and isn't just a flick of a switch. I dunno, it just seems like a pointless addition considering signatures would be skewed on mobile and completely destroys professionalism and ease of use (one of the main requirements of HCI).

If signatures were an option, they'd be forced to make that option viable (it's a professional company in regards to HCI like every company that produces an app or has a forum, skewed images just wouldn't look good) which could take time as it's quite difficult to reduce the size of images to the aspect ratio of a mobile phone (especially if they're long and only one image like mine), it's more complicated than 'just give the option' :razz:.I've whipped up a picture of what it looks like if it were to be an option, the signature is small and almost too hard to read and that's on one of the biggest phone screens (even then my signature isn't at max length, it would be even smaller if it were).

p3sVfMs.png

Last edited:
There's no point in having an option though, there's no benefit in seeing signatures

The point is it shows the signatures. That's the point. The benefit is you see the signatures.

it's cumbersome for everyone

No, because it would be an option. It would not be cumbersome for everyone. The default setting would be off.

images and signatures would be skewed since phone screens are just too small to have the signatures

This is literally not correct. Phone screens are pushing 1080p and higher resolutions. They are also quite large these days too.

Look, I made a mockup. You think this is cumbersome? Are you insane?

PTHpN.jpg
JSkDF.jpg

it's a professional company, skewed images just wouldn't look good

Have you not been on the internet for 10 years? Some of the Bannerlord screenshots look completely terrible. A "professional company" put these out.

A well-implemented signature feature on mobile would be great for their reputation.

oto1L.jpg
oCQXsrG.png

Last edited:
There's no point in having an option though, there's no benefit in seeing signatures, it's cumbersome for everyone as the images and signatures would be skewed since phone screens are just too small to have the signatures; as Callum pointed out, if you wanted signatures you can also request the desktop mode. There's probably a bit of work involved when adding signatures to mobile and isn't just a flick of a switch. I dunno, it just seems like a pointless addition considering signatures would be skewed on mobile and completely destroys professionalism and ease of use (one of the main requirements of HCI).

If signatures were an option, they'd be forced to make that option viable (it's a professional company, skewed images just wouldn't look good) which could take time as it's quite difficult to reduce the size of images to the aspect ratio of a mobile phone (especially if they're long and only one image like mine), it's more complicated than 'just give the option' :razz:.I've whipped up a picture of what it looks like if it were to be an option, the signature is small and almost too hard to read and that's on one of the biggest phone screens (even then my signature isn't at max length, it would be even smaller if it were).

The whole point of signatures is to show somethíng off, show your clan affiliations, or add an extra bit of recognisability to your profile. You of all people, a notorious MP ****poster, should know this. So if you make signatures an opt-in, especially with something as obnoxious and inconsistent as the desktop mode on browsers, the increasing majority of people who use mobile to browse aren't even going to see them. So what's the point?

Also I seriously cannot believe you're using the supposed professionalness of the company as a whole to argue for soft-scrapping user generated signatures like this. This is the same forum where people post stupid memes, get into arguments where they call each other retards, and even have a woman with massive breasts in their profile picture. Poorly made user content is the price you pay for having a forum in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were on the topic of UI, so I used professionalism in regards to HCI (otherwise you could just have a wall of text). I wasnt referring to content, you cant assume professionalism from forum content. My bad if it seems like I was referring to content.

On another note, it does allow you to see forum signatures when you use your mobile on landscape as far as I'm aware, I don't think it shrinks the signatures though so that may need to be changed. @Callum

Last edited:
I'm glad this new tool to crush the voices of the pathetic consumer is operating according to the plan. Supremacy is assured.

On another note, it does allow you to see forum signatures when you use your mobile on landscape as far as I'm aware, I don't think it shrinks the signatures though so that may need to be changed. @Callum

Anyone who browses in landscape mode doesn't deserve to live, let alone view signatures.

This was never a problem on the old forum. The sidebar with all the info on it was taller than even the largest sigs, and it was still perfectly readable even on the tiny, laggy, unbelievably slow phone I used to browse with back in 2013.

Have you ever seen WAP2 interface though? We had to use that back in the day.

I remember when most google links used to redirect to WAP2 by default. I would have to select the url on my phone and delete the wap2 without messing up the rest of the link, it made me feel like a hacker. Good times.

My tone is also extremely confrontational and gratuitously rude but that's 50% because I am genuinely exasperated with some of these nonce-gashed changes made to what was formerly my favourite website with some of my favorite people on it, and 75% because being polite and conciliatory just gets you ignored by most of the moderators these days.
Remember when Lust was silent for months and then suddenly after someone called him out for inactivity he made a gigantic post explaining his role, which was longer than the previous 2 blogs combined? Remember the megathread in the beta board which documented all the dozens of issues with the combat, but then Callum decided to target 578's rude confrontational post, even though that poor lad is long overdue for a ban anyway?

Last edited:
I remember when most google links used to redirect to WAP2 by default. I would have to select the url on my phone and delete the wap2 without messing up the rest of the link, it made me feel like a hacker. Good times.

My tone is also extremely confrontational and gratuitously rude but that's 50% because I am genuinely exasperated with some of these changes made to what was formerly my favourite website with some of my favorite people on it, and 75% because being polite and conciliatory just gets you ignored by most of the moderators these days.
Remember when Lust was silent for months and then suddenly after someone called him out for inactivity he made a gigantic post explaining his role, which was longer than the previous 2 blogs combined? Remember the megathread in the beta board which documented all the dozens of issues with the combat, but then Callum decided to target 578's rude confrontational post, even though that poor lad is long overdue for a ban anyway?

edited by moderator

Following in the same footsteps as 578 to get a reply isn't your best option. Callum is currently working on the forums (hence for a delayed blog post) and is actively reading feedback to ensure that the forums is up to a good standard. I completely understand there may be features you loved that's been removed, but some features come and go. A word for warning, feedback and suggestions are welcome, but this feedback shouldn't be expressed in a confrontational or rude way (which is the reasoning for some snipping). Please continue to give feedback, but don't continue to be arrogant or aggressive about it.

Reverted your post, the snipping was incorrect.

Last edited:
Most people here are arrogant, including you. I rather enjoy everyone being arrogant, it creates a balanced level of tension. Catastrophic aggressiveness is probably not warranted, but arrogance has made some of the more interesting moments on this forum possible.

Remember when Lust was silent for months and then suddenly after someone called him out for inactivity he made a gigantic post explaining his role, which was longer than the previous 2 blogs combined?
I remember that because that was me. Just because we aren't responding personally to every little critique or suggestion doesn't mean they are being ignored. Many of them are repeating what has been said previously, or are issues we have already brought up internally. It's honestly a waste of our volunteered time to sit here and placate people all day, and there's little to nothing we can do to directly address their concerns. We do regularly check what is posted, not just to see if it falls within the rules but to direct the attention of Callum & Janus to things which have not been mentioned before.

Well, there's always gonna be the fool toggling the option on and then complain as to where all his mobile data went or why the forums are slow. Images/gifs can be several MB and it adds up quickly going page to page.

Option sure, by default no.

Back
Top Bottom