Forecast of the contents of the next patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Waaaaaagh

Recruit
We don't know when the next patch comes, though we can predict its contents reasonably through the devs' own words.

"For singleplayer, our focus for the immediate future is still very much on stability and performance. But that’s not to say that we aren’t still working on other aspects of the game: perks continue being completely overhauled and work progresses on new scenes, quests and AI improvements. Additionally, improvements to kingdom politics and voting that will give players more options and control are in the works, along with additional ways to use companions and clan members, including assigning them as formation leaders. Also, an incoming update is planned where character levels will depend on raw experience collected from skills rather than skill level increases. Overall this should make it easier to focus on a particular set of skills. We also plan to make improvements to the Crafting system which will change how you progress and gain experience so that it is less grindy and will reward creativity to a greater degree. Additional main storyline quests will also be implemented in the near future. These will include the quest to rescue your family as well as quests where you will work against the conspiracy. Finally, more dynamic quests that are generated in response to world events will continue to be introduced. "

First of all, "immediate future" means the next patch (and the patch after the next patch if necessary), or you can't call it the immediate future considering they've already spent 8 weeks on refactoring codes. We predict based on that.
"still working on other aspects" means there will be new contents showing in the next patch. Different guys are supposed responsible for different cases separately.
"perks" "scenes" "quests" and "AI" blabla mean nothing since we know they are the all of the game. The words are too vague and TW will take its time to spread the developments over several years.
Then there comes something interesting, "additional ways to use companions and clan members". That means combat companions won't be useless any more and that we can use them to lead our formations, archers for example. For the moment companions are vulnerable. Thanks to the balance of the game we can't even afford to equip them with top armors. Even if you can afford them, you can't find them. And combat skills are extremely hard to advance to high level. So combat companions is less important than a lvl6 soldier. Even in that case, TW designed a death mode in which companions are nothing but named soldiers. I don't think TW knows what it's doing.
But I doubt whether this new companion system will be included in the next patch. Hopefully it will since they should test it early and I suppose the implement of the new system and codes refactoring are processing synchronously.
"incoming update" means the next patch obviously. It will ease the companion nursing process and shorten the time needed. Not much to discuss.
The word "plan" in "We also plan to make improvements to the Crafting system" means there won't be any change related to crafting system within one month from now on. They just planed it at the time of the statement.
At last, "Additional main storyline quests" won't be implemented in the next patch because they said "near future" as contrast to "immediate future".

So, that's it. In the next patch there are: new perks implemented(definitely), AI improvements(definitely), new companion system(hopefully), and additional main storyline quests(if we're fortunately enough). I guess the next patch might go to a formal edition directly and there is't bate branch this time because of code refactoring.

I left the game two months ago after played hundreds of hours, to be precise, 585 hours. The game really pissed me off then due to its mechanism. Before I bought the game I thought EA of BL was a reforge of warband at least. Unfortunately I was wrong. It's much worse. But I never regret buying it because it's just a EA ticket to the future complete game. I just left the game and wait. Now I go around to the forum from time to time and I am happy. So I suggest those who are addicted to the game do the same thing, as we all know BL needs several years to become complete.
Actually I'd rather TW take its time, not because I have faith in those developers. TW sucks. As I said, most of the time they don't know what they're doing. They're inexperienced and irresponsible and they know it. So they want modders to do their job for free. That's nasty. I'd rather they steal ideas from mods and integrate them into BL and then charge me for DLCs. I want TW take its time because I want the game reasonable.

"TW sucks"

Thats funny because theyve given me over 2000 hours gaming enjoyment for the past 12 years while your whiny post only 45 seconds of salty grief -who sucks more..?

Here is the leaked patch notes:

- Changed the price of flax from 50 to 49 gold, somehow breaking the economy in the process.
- Obscure bug fixed that crahes the game if your character name is "The Flax Dealer" and sell exactly 24 bundles of flax.
- Something about multiplayer
- (not displayed) bunch of new bugs.

"TW sucks"

Thats funny because theyve given me over 2000 hours gaming enjoyment for the past 12 years while your whiny post only 45 seconds of salty grief -who sucks more..?
You need tons of water every year. This fact will not change the worth of water.
And you have some communication problems.

You need tons of water every year. This fact will not change the worth of water.
And you have some communication problems.

While markets fluctuate water itself is priceless -its worth inherit.

As far as communication - cant take the heat eh? Just giving back to you what you yourself dished out. No need to take shots at the people of the company.

While markets fluctuate water itself is priceless -its worth inherit.

As far as communication - cant take the heat eh? Just giving back to you what you yourself dished out. No need to take shots at the people of the company.
Communication problem: you can't understand what others said, fanboy.
If you're one of the company, I do understand you. If you're not one of the company, you're a clown.
I post this thread to suggest those upset people be patient. I do not want to talk to you.

Communication problem: you can't understand what others said, fanboy.
If you're one of the company, I do understand you. If you're not one of the company, you're a clown.
I post this thread to suggest those upset people be patient. I do not want to talk to you.

Tough bananas -public forum.

- Changed the price of flax from 50 to 49 gold, somehow breaking the economy in the process.
- Obscure bug fixed that crahes the game if your character name is "The Flax Dealer" and sell exactly 24 bundles of flax.

Ahaha ?

But here is some actual leaks

Axe damage got buffed to catch up to other factions' and a sneak peak from the upcoming changes
Default Shield is Lighter and Weaker
  • Lighter Shield > Improved Armor
  • Range Javelins > Stronger Shield
  • Strong Javelins > Javelins
  • Spear > Long Spear
  • Axe > Heavy Mace

We are working very hard on the modding tools but can't give any ETA as usual. As for the maps, i think you will be happy very soon.

I think you are going to be a very happy bunny in the coming weeks.

But please keep it on topic.

LOL - just got in trouble in another thread for a Chinese language joke. Oh the irony. Also it would serve you better to learn the difference between a fanboy -that being a blind loyal follower who absolves all criticism towards the devs and a healthy critic who can separate precise criticisms from stupid all encompassing griefings.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL - just got in trouble in another thread for a Chinese language joke. Oh the irony. Also it would serve you better to learn the difference between a fanboy -that being a blind loyal follower who absolves all criticism towards the devs and a healthy critic who can separate precise criticisms from stupid all encompassing griefings.

Besides the fact that Wa...agh refutes his own arguments by insulting you in such a ridiculous manner, he is not the only one who sees you as fanboy.

Besides the fact that Wa...agh refutes his own arguments by insulting you in such a ridiculous manner, he is not the only one who sees you as fanboy.
Fanboy, griefer, Cryboi - i really dont give a monkeys banana what silly category you think i fall in. Just juvenile internet insults that kids throw out because they cant formulate an original thought.

Been around these forums for ages. I both criticize and praise different aspects of each game. Your just a crouton in the salad bowl of life.

Back
Top Bottom