Football and/or Soccer Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Let's all take the time out of our day to acknowledge that arguably the best CB in football now plays for the New England Patriots. That's all. :grin:

Oyipggy said:
Let's all take the time out of our day to acknowledge that arguably the best CB in football now plays for the New England Patriots. That's all. :grin:
I am very excited about this as well. Although Wilfork has now asked for a release today, which is like a dagger to the heart.

Man City could get a whole new team years ago but now they haven't been able to bring in just a proper centreback, which may have costed them the league and removed any chance of making it through the uefa champions. gg

HULKSMASH said:
I am very excited about this as well. Although Wilfork has now asked for a release today, which is like a dagger to the heart.

Absolutely true...but I think letting him go wouldn't be the end of the world. Unfortunately I don't think he'd be the player he was in years past. Hopefully I'm wrong and he goes on to light it up for some other team this year. If he does end up leaving, surely they're drafting a DT Round 1.

What do you guys think will be the Man Utd v Liverpool score? If Liverpool keep up the form from the last 7 games they'll score at least 3 (21 goals in 7 games).  :grin:

Vieira said:
And so we keep our average of 3 goals a game for the last 10 games. Man Utd were terrible today.

It was funny. Stevie missing that 3rd pen was painful though, I can't remember there ever being a hattrick of penalties. Moyes is a footballing genius. All in all, most exciting prem season that I can remember and thats coming from a Newcastle fan.

Apparently Jan Molby, who was Liverpool back in ye olde times, scored a hat-trick of penalties once against Coventry. It has been really exciting this year, so much change. Even at Newcastle. You were getting good, sold your best player and then your manager lost the plot and headbutted a player on the opposition team. Very exciting.  :grin:

I thought the best player was a Dutch mercenary with glass legs, but hey, some people think that grey hair is silver and no acceleration or pace is kind of cute.

Can't fault what van Persie did in terms of goalscoring in his last season at Arsenal or his first at Man Utd. Can fault his mercenary attitude and sometimes his attitude on the pitch.

Giggs was just himself tonight. It was a shame Olympiacos failed to properly get going.

Back
Top Bottom