Final Final version of 1257ad

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the issues are:
-Freelancer makes you a squire, even if you are a peasant.
-Error scripts with wrong item at the start of a battle. - Dunno, can't replicate this.
-Archers still prefer not to shoot in sieges.
-I noticed, that some tree lods causes some weird issues - I guess I'll just revert to less optimized version for 'em.
-script error at battles
-Some scene assignment are missing.

anything else?

Not bugs:
BattleMap was removed, due it not working properly and causing some other issues. It was more or less on life support.
Formations - never had issues and can't reproduce the issues people are having, since like - for a few years now, so I doubt I can do anything.

And there's no such thing as a bug-free software. It's a myth.

DrTomas said:
I'll try to sit down to get things down this weekend and fix the few issues here and there.

Sometimes you don't see such great attitude even from paid software and hardware developers - we are lucky to have such workforce on our side  :grin:

Well I have waited to play this for 2 months, so I guess a few days will not matter much (compared to the time required for complete campaign on 1257AD).

DrTomas said:
BattleMap was removed, due it not working properly and causing some other issues. It was more or less on life support.
What issues was it causing, allow me to ask?
It seemed to work fine, too.

BloodForBlood said:
DrTomas said:

1. Additional commands - such as formations commands.
2. Backspace command display would go crazy sometimes.
3. It was performance hungry and not always working properly.
4. Was driving me crazy

DrTomas said:
BloodForBlood said:
DrTomas said:

1. Additional commands - such as formations commands.
2. Backspace command display would go crazy sometimes.
3. It was performance hungry and not always working properly.
4. Was driving me crazy

Can you move lords field scenes (mean scenes when you start conversation with lord on world map) camera a bit up and closer to their faces? There are a lot of horses lol, but it's not a serious problem ^^

Well, it's too great you still have got energy left Thomas!
I will mention some of the bugs (though not very serious for me) i've noticed.

1. An error message appears saying "unable to find shader parameter" whenever the game loads new textures. It's probably from not having the shader applied. It would be great if I could play without the shade, and without the message appearing.

2. Once you order horse archers to charge, which enables them to circle and shoot, they don't listen to orders anymore unless you tell them to hold fire. And, in siege, it would be better if they were categorized not as archers but horse archers.

Also, is it possible to make the archers behave in just the same way as those in Native?

DrTomas said:
Sorry guys, very busy week at work - so don't have the energy to develop anything after that. I'll try to sit down to get things down this weekend and fix the few issues here and there.

Fixes should be save-game compatible. With the 1.1
Dear Dr.Tomas, please please make yours new fixed-version save-game compatible with v 1.1 'Cos i can't wait to play your mod anymore.
Creat a new character RIGHT NOWWW...

Dolen said:
And, in siege, it would be better if they were categorized not as archers but horse archers.

To save the best cavalry units from siege slaughter, I usualy create new category "Elite" so I can control them not to go in suicide mission. Other categories I use are "Medic" (monks) - to make them stay away from malee and "Joker" (fast moving light cavalry unit to engage enemy in open field and make them attack first  - usualy gets wounded or is able to run away from enemy). Hope this helps.

DrTomas said:
So the issues are:
-Freelancer makes you a squire, even if you are a peasant.
-Error scripts with wrong item at the start of a battle.
-Archers still prefer not to shoot in sieges.
-I noticed, that some tree lods causes some weird issues - I guess I'll just revert to less optimized version for 'em.

anything else?

Not bugs:
Formations - never had issues and can't reproduce the issues people are having, since like - for a few years now, so I doubt I can do anything.

And there's no such thing as a bug-free software. It's a myth.
NOT A BUG BUT:
All Infantry (of every faction) wield spear.
Can u make some troops only using sword 'n shield??? I know that can use Morgh Editor to edit that minor thing. I really don't want to use Morgh Editor (or any kind of mods) on 1257 AD because your mod is SO GREAT. So i prefer you do it (for me :oops:)

Good idea, and it makes sense too, as knights were required to have a horse anyway.

What about some infantry that were not knights but still owned land (or didn't) such as serjeants and other instances of sword/mace and shield infantry. I feel AD slightly lacks medium tier troops, especially for the west.

Of course the spears were predominant, but not exclusive for infantry by any means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serjeanty

Downloading 1.1 now, and thank you so much Dr. T for updating this great mod. 

Speaking of dismounted knights,  I would usually see several dismount at the start of a battle, one my own companion.  I never gave the order and couldn't get them to remount under 1.03.  The companion had a masterwork light crossbow which should have been usable on horseback but I guess he preferred to be on foot.  Teutonic knights dismounting on occassion was rather disappointing however.

Valen said:
Speaking of dismounted knights,  I would usually see several dismount at the start of a battle, one my own companion.  I never gave the order and couldn't get them to remount under 1.03.  The companion had a masterwork light crossbow which should have been usable on horseback but I guess he preferred to be on foot.  Teutonic knights dismounting on occassion was rather disappointing however.

I've noticed this sometimes as well, and I believe it's caused by having a high number of mounted troops spawning in on top of each other at the start of battle.  As your troops are moving to their starting formations, some of the mounted ones get "stuck" on troops that haven't moved yet, and I think if this persists for a certain amount of time the AI decides that the mount is permanently stuck on something, so the troop dismounts on his own.

To help reduce this occurrence, issue a quick 'Advance 10 paces' or 'Follow Me' command to all your troops as soon as the battle starts. This helps your troops get out of one another's way sooner, which should reduce the false 'stuck mount' condition.

Bugs I've noticed (if you need any more to add to your list, haha):

- The Amenuisis from the scriptorium in your regional manor doesn't sell books, he sells INVALID ITEMS that are invisible and look like they should be weapons from the stats. Also, I'm not positive this is a bug, but now that I've got a scriptorium, I can't get a knighthood order in my manor.... I have 13000 gold and my manor pop is over 1000.

- Some versions of kettle helmets are invisible in shops

- Quite a few battles have 'invalid item kind ID' red text spouting off. I took a couple of screenshots, and I'll take more as I play more today if you want them. I can put them on imgur if you're interested in the actual text.

- I occasionally see lords defecting to 'no faction', i dunno what that's about.

- I dunno if this is a bug or not either, but I can't climb the watch tower in my regional manor to survey my domain, and it makes me sad. My character just clips out and does a little dance on the floor like there's a pit down there he gets stuck in.

If I can find/remember any more before the weekend, I'll post them too. Good luck, and thanks a lot! I'm having a ton of fun with this mod!

RoboSenshi said:
In the new version we have to pay(quite a large amount) for recruiting lances. Why was that added? and if it must be a feature can you please tweak the prices.

EDIT: The cost requirement suddenly disappeared. How strange.

When at war its free, in peace times you pay for lances.

Few little bugs here and there, but mod is doing much better after this pre-final release.

The only (historical) bug that bothers me is this mod without Banate of Bosnia in it. I know that Tomas or someone mentioned that Bosnia was not included because of some criticism, but I'm surprised that the author gave in to these criticisms and left out one part of Balkan history.

Nevertheless, I am grateful to them for this mode, especially to Tomas, who deserves a cookie. Big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom