MP Native Feudal World

Users who are viewing this thread

Reus said:
Fallen_Sorrow said:
I think it's the fact that most PW players play PW just because of wars. FW had many interesting features which lead players to a more roleplay-like gamestyle. Once all of those features became ordinary, you can say that the interesting part in them was gone after a while. PW players just love to kill and take all the stuff which was dropped. I fear that there aren't many true "roleplayers" left, those who actually talk to you in character, those who take it upon themselves to do real roleplay jobs that this mod enforces.. Ah well, you can't have everything can you.  :neutral:
If you're actually looking for true roleplayers, you won't find many in Mount & Blade. You're gonna want to go to Minecraft, World of Warcraft or something like that.
Minecraft? Are you joking :lol: I know about RP servers but they were all heavily scripted and lacked RP.

You've not looked hard enough to find serious RPers then. I could name 100 from the top of my head and there would still be loads of folk from Warband RP etc.

My favourite RP was Star Wars Galaxies, mainly cus Starwars and they never had a lot of Jedi meaning being one meant you were a target.

FW was never made for the general newer PW player base. It was really more suited to the old. The amount of people I knew from 4-5 years ago, who came back was quite an experience for me.

Scorpia said:
Minecraft? Are you joking :lol: I know about RP servers but they were all heavily scripted and lacked RP.

You've not looked hard enough to find serious RPers then.
You haven't looked hard enough either, then.
Back in 2011 to 2013, I played on a serious, and very well-made high-fantasy medieval role-playing server in Minecraft. It was a very good server, and it still seems to be.

Reus said:
Scorpia said:

You've not looked hard enough to find serious RPers then.
You haven't looked hard enough either, then.
Back in 2011 to 2013, I played on a serious, and very well-made high-fantasy medieval role-playing server in Minecraft. It was a very good server, and it still seems to be.
Looking for RPers on Warband is a lot easier than looking for actual RP servers on Minecraft. Thousands of servers, not all of them are true by saying they are role playing servers.

Scorpia said:
Reus said:
Fallen_Sorrow said:
I think it's the fact that most PW players play PW just because of wars. FW had many interesting features which lead players to a more roleplay-like gamestyle. Once all of those features became ordinary, you can say that the interesting part in them was gone after a while. PW players just love to kill and take all the stuff which was dropped. I fear that there aren't many true "roleplayers" left, those who actually talk to you in character, those who take it upon themselves to do real roleplay jobs that this mod enforces.. Ah well, you can't have everything can you.  :neutral:
If you're actually looking for true roleplayers, you won't find many in Mount & Blade. You're gonna want to go to Minecraft, World of Warcraft or something like that.

You've not looked hard enough to find serious RPers then. I could name 100 from the top of my head and there would still be loads of folk from Warband RP etc.

My favourite RP was Star Wars Galaxies, mainly cus Starwars and they never had a lot of Jedi meaning being one meant you were a target.

FW was never made for the general newer PW player base. It was really more suited to the old. The amount of people I knew from 4-5 years ago, who came back was quite an experience for me.

I remember Warband RP... where real RPers played =). Do you know about other mods like Warband RP?

There is a few other servers like that but I don't know the names. The problem I had with Warband RP was it was a bit stale for my taste, I played for a few days and never seen anyone get into combat. I just didn't like that part of it. I do enjoy RP but sitting around just typing all day isn't exactly my idea of entertainment.

Server will most likely start 6th Feb. Please make sure to have a look at http://www.gamerations.net/en/feudal-world-server for more information, news and screenshots.

rFPHUO8.jpg

Sadly we don't have all the source files, just some (like web API). But we don't think that servers die because of missing source files. It's mostly about community management, administrative power, a good ruleset and the map. We try our very best with this project and hopefully it will last until we start dev of our own Bannerlord mod.

Announcement: Server start is at 6th February 17:00 UTC/GMT (18:00 in Germany). Interested players should register at Gamerations.net and have a look at the forum. The rules will be published on Friday.

The server will be named "[EU] Gamerations.net". Admins will be active ingame, in forums and in Teamspeak (gamerations.nitrado.net).

We use the latest version 1.6 with a massively improved map/economy, more items and extended administration tools. See all changes here: http://www.gamerations.net/en/feudal-world-server

If the sources will ever be released we will edit them as well.

So you revamped the armor values?

That was the biggest equipment issue.

I also suggest that, if possible, you replace as many vanilla items as possible and use new ones from other mods(like Floris) which are far better.
For example, look at what (the formerly active)Persitent Age mod did, their popularity was based nearly solely on the amazing equipment overhaul the mod provided for the players.

Vanilla items are extremely boring since we have been looking at them for nearly a decade already.

All in all, you can most definitely expect me to be there.

I have been rooting for this mod to come alive for quite some time now and sincerely hope you succeed.

I salute you.
giphy.gif

We have one major issue with this mod: We don't have the sources. So changing prices is not a thing we are able to do.

But we redid a lot of areas and concepts of the map and we have already started making a completely new one. The existing one which will be used today has major improvements which compensate the missing sources as good as possible. Reported bugs and suggestions by players will be discussed and integrated very fast (hot fixes within 24h, other improvements within max 1 week). We hope for good activity in our forums. I will read and comment all posts every day if possible.

Main concept of the reworked map is the main town. It's all more centered to it now, there is a real market and even a mosque next to the church and a north/vaegier-like building for splitted culture change. We tried to max out the player experience in every single part of the map and we still have a lot of ideas for updates and our own map. Townwatch will be a thing again and there's plenty of new clothes which were missing in original FW but existed in PW. It's good for those who want to customize their character or do some "normal" roleplay. We even reinvented Whiteforge for the second time and made it a real, small castle which can be held as a small outpost or as a place for trading and passing through. So faction members decide whether the 2 main doors are closed or open for public.

We are curious how many people are still interested in this mod. If the server grows in activity we will invest a lot of time in keeping this up until we start our Bannerlord mod.

See you on the server! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom