Feminism

Users who are viewing this thread

I wonder how many of the self proclaimed Incels will really use these instead of further going down their rabbithole and ending up hurting someone, either themselves or others.

The problem is that Incels just want sexual status and not sex or a relationship in and of itself. Plenty of them freely admit this. They want a brain-dead woman to basically be a slave to them so they can show off to friends, and outside of that the relationship is largely meaningless because they hate women so much. It's like the Stepford Wives but more outwardly-focussed.

Incel is an entirely new term to me, but having looked up it's meaning on urban dictionary I can't believe that anyone would WANT to have that tag applied to them.

They had subreddits dedicated for them, now there is one after main one got banned (after a far too long time). Mostly they seem to be a typical anti-social loser bunch who crave attraction and attention, but go down a malevolent hole. Some just trolled the sub but there was a select bunch that were really far removed from reality.

Moose! said:
I used to be a fatcel, now I'm Mr. Betabux Cuck!

Proof that fatcels are really volcels, and just coping 'cause of laziness.

This was perfect  :lol:

Your Incel if your wrist doesnt measure xx cms in 2018

The same as European Studies. Something for history students like me to look down upon and semi-ironically laugh at.
thumb.png

my university's philosophy faculty doesn't offer any gender course/module, you can at most spend one week on gender if you're taking political philosophy. they decided to open a feminist philosophy course this year and it was massively oversubscribed and full the very day after it was announced even though you had to get a reference to sign up for it. politics faculty doesn't offer anything directly on gender, even though social movements and political sociology have some stuff somewhat relevant to it.
i found provisional syllabus of feminist philosophy course interesting
1. Social construction and social kinds
2. The nature of gender
3. Compatibility of feminism and metaphysics
4. The problem of bias and feminist epistemology
5. Objectivity from a feminist perspective
6. Epistemic injustice
7. Speech act analyses of silencing
8. Conceptual engineering and amelioration
and the issues studied seem to be a. interesting b. relevant to the actuality c. difficult enough to measure academic aptness
edit: caveat, all I said applies exclusively to undergraduate courses

+there is also some weird presumption that all courses in the universities should be technically useful. This is not true for most courses in a university. Many courses are useful merely as devices to improve soft skills(writing, thinking) and filter more able students even though the content of the course won't be useful at all in professional life. Queer studies is not different from history or philosophy or politics in that regard.

My uni had a 3-year gender studies program but it was canceled this year due to insufficient interest (last year, only 10 students enrolled in the program. There were more people interested though, but they failed to meet the requirements). There are courses scattered across various faculties and you can have it as a specialization of your 3-year psychology program, but it is not highly sought either. I guess people want to eat or something. Also, the existence of gender studies itself is ridiculed over here and I don't think I can imagine anything worse in my CV than finished gender studies (unlike for example the Eurostudies mentioned by Joe).

Grönsíir said:
What do you guys think of gender studies classes?

A lot of them are a real stretch, like "gender studies during the crusades", and the majority of such classes in my university were tacked on to existing courses. But I am otherwise completely indifferent to people who want to do gender studies for 3 years at university. Gender studies can be a useful tool for examining the changes in daily life over time, and there are far more useless things you could be studying.

Hm, that's weird. Sociology encompasses many things that history doesn't. Gender studies on the other hand encompasses many of the same things sociology does. Simply focuses too much on certain aspects of it often leading to mistakes and misconceptions.

Back
Top Bottom