fed up with chasing gold coins

Users who are viewing this thread

until you’ve made around 15k and then hire your first companion and create a caravan with them. If you can get a caravan early game then you have a source of profit that will help you balance out your party.
Where can I check how much profit the caravan brings? I've created one and did not notice any income changes.

Or maybe there is a post where I can find detaled info about it?

Where can I check how much profit the caravan brings? I've created one and did not notice any income changes.

For me they are quite a weird thing as i only had 3 caravans in my games and they only appeared as "profit from caravans" in the money tab once in a few days.
I don't really know how they work but this is my experience with them, again, not a lot

I’m not sure about the nitty gritty details. But what I do know is that along with deciding the troop tier a caravan gets for its guard, that starting 15/22k is what is used as the caravans funds for trading. So normally they will start out by buying trade goods and stocking up on good deals while traveling from town to town. If there is an opportunity to sell at the town they will take it. So sometimes it can take a few days for them to travel to the right town to sell at, but you will eventually start to see some profit from them (I’ve seen them range from 0-1200 daily).
Also a quick tip, starting caravans in Aserai territory has always brought me the quickest profit, something about those towns make them a good trading area for caravans

Last edited:
Today I tried the "craft" solution to get better economically and indeed, it is a great solution. In addition, the craft is very easy and gives very good items quickly. When possible also with armor, bows, etc. it will be fantastic. I don't know if this is planned. The tournaments, I tested, but I suck so it is not for me :smile: but I believe you.

I understand your pain. The best way to deal with it is fighting in tournaments: You get some good quality gear that can be sold for a profit (or kept as an upgrade) but it doesn't have that same, frenzied feeling of chasing down looters or doing fetch quests. just some good old-fashioned gladiatorial combat.

Just bought my first smithy in 1.5.5 for 15k.... Daily profit? 14.... It has an attached iron mine as well.
On 1.5.3 (and now 1.5.4) the Devs seem to be changing variables for workshops and caravan profitability. There's also variables to getting lots of $$$ out of a workshop: multiple village supply; high town prosperity; competing nearby smithies (if you're flush, buy these, change production to something inoffensive, then sell); time (seems to take 30+ days for profit to level).

Wait, you can have multiple marriages?! I'm sucha sucker settling for just one wife.
Yes they just need to have a hunting accedent! Let the killing games begin!
I also confirmed you can effectively assassinate a allie with Freindly fire! I had suspected but it never proced before! RIP Gryphor I'll always remeber how you cut in on my looters!

For caravans, I believe (to be confirmed) that companions must have the right skills (trade and scout and maybe "crook"? Rider?) To have the best income. Anyway, these skills will progress while they are "trailers" it seems to me. With "scout" and "rider" they more easily escape attacks, with trade they negotiate better contracts. It makes sense to me. Tell me if I'm wrong.

For caravans, I believe (to be confirmed) that companions must have the right skills (trade and scout and maybe "crook"? Rider?) To have the best income. Anyway, these skills will progress while they are "trailers" it seems to me. With "scout" and "rider" they more easily escape attacks, with trade they negotiate better contracts. It makes sense to me. Tell me if I'm wrong.
The companions you're going to want to get for caravans will have the last names "Spicevendor" from Aserai and "Swift" from Khuzait. Remember that additional new companions will spawn every year, but if you can't wait for a trader companion then yes get someone with decent riding skills or a good party leader. Remember to use the encyclopedia (hero's section, using the "wanderer" button to filter to companions) to help search for them.

The companions you're going to want to get for caravans will have the last names "Spicevendor" from Aserai and "Swift" from Khuzait. Remember that additional new companions will spawn every year, but if you can't wait for a trader companion then yes get someone with decent riding skills or a good party leader. Remember to use the encyclopedia (hero's section, using the "wanderer" button to filter to companions) to help search for them.
Yes, thank you for the precisions

Back
Top Bottom