Feature Walk Backwards discussion and fix for who dont wish this feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hengwulf

Sergeant Knight
Hey guys,

I notice I fall, like walking backwards. The message says something like: you walk back without looking and fall. Should I rotate the camera or is this unavoidable. Also, can I lessen this by upgrading athletics, agility or others?

thx

EDIT by Idibil: if you dont wish this, you have a fix here that delete this feature: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,154472.0.html

I believe this is part of the mod.

I love everything about 1.34 except this one little detail ;P

I checked mod options and there isn't a way to disable it. I was wondering if the modders would be kind enough, to tell us where it is in the text files if we want to get rid of it.

Or at least which skills to train to get rid of it. I cant fight with a spear now since I dont have range control

Yea im scared to even have a fight since the only two fights ive had against 3 or so theow's i got captured both times.... It's damn hard fighting multiple enemies let alone not being able to walk backwards, if there was a disable option id disable it and never think about it again :smile:
Although i admit while i was waiting on the hilltop for them to come i was having a fun time falling over, but yeah, that was it.

Whoever added this feature: Go outside and RUN backwards on the grass, it's easy.

If you can't do it, see a doctor you have an inner ear condition.

IMHO it is a nice idea and I would like to keep it. But the chance to trip should be lowered and the NPCs should also be able to trip :wink:

Or maybe make it depended on your agility (and intelligence).

nereid said:
IMHO it is a nice idea and I would like to keep it. But the chance to trip should be lowered and the NPCs should also be able to trip :wink:

Or maybe make it depended on your agility (and intelligence).

I think it sucks, but as you progress in levels it might decrease (I hope). But not !!!!!!!!! Bold letters above !!!!

Agreed 100%. I love the new Brytenwalda, but this feature has got to go, or at least have some sort of disable feature.
If someone can tell me what to edit to remove it, please tell me/us all  :grin:

Well, Very interesting opinions. The truth is that it is a special feature, maybe very realistic.

A man can not go back indefinitely and without looking, and hope not to fall.

Atletics skill with less than 3 or 4, you % to fall very high. With atletics greater than these, % are reduced by half.

I am interesting in know with objectivity, your opinion. It does not give it a fresh look at the fight? Do not is even more interesting when the old trick of going back and killing the "stupid" AI?

Idibil said:
Well, Very interesting opinions. The truth is that it is a special feature, maybe very realistic.

Atletics skill with less than 3 or 4, you % to fall very high. With atletics greater than these, % are reduced by half.

I am interesting in know with objectivity, your opinion. It does not give it a fresh look at the fight? Do not is even more interesting when the old trick of going back and killing the "stupid" AI?

Idbil I'm not ****ing kidding. Go outside on the grass and walk backwards while looking forward, I'm not exactly what you call fit and I can run backwards. Then try walking backwards in rough terrain without looking, not hard either. This isn't a very realistic feature, this is another feature that, forgive me for saying, is just an utterly dumb attempt at realism.

You're taking it WAY too far as you usually do with these options, I hope it's optional, if not, does anyone know how to purge this abomination entirely from the game? I really don't want my trained warrior character in a game to be less agile than my lazy self am in real life.

It's a great mod, but like I've said before, some of the things you put into it are just plain bad ideas that should have been chopped up on the suggestion board with a rusty hatchet.

As I mentioned before, I really like this feature (although you have to lower the chance to trip). On the other hand, NPCs should also trip.

But please tell me, how you fight multiple enemies without going constantly back? For example if three heavy or even medium infantry soldiers follow you like glue and you can not really harm them because of the shields, how would you try to survive this otherwise? If you try to run from them (looking away from them and running forward this way), you oppose your vulnerable back and usually your athletic skill is not that good, that you can run away from them.

On a side line, why is athletics capped at 6?

El-Diablito said:
Idibil said:

Idbil I'm not ******** kidding. Go outside on the grass and walk backwards while looking forward, I'm not exactly what you call fit and I can run backwards. Then try walking backwards in rough terrain without looking, not hard either. This isn't a very realistic feature, this is another feature that, forgive me for saying, is just an utterly dumb attempt at realism.

You're taking it WAY too far as you usually do with these options, I hope it's optional, if not, does anyone know how to purge this abomination entirely from the game? I really don't want my trained warrior character in a game to be less agile than my lazy self am in real life.

It's a great mod, but like I've said before, some of the things you put into it are just plain bad ideas that should have been chopped up on the suggestion board with a rusty hatchet.

Khe khe be nice. I didnt start this to yell at the devs.

To awnser idibil. I think it's to much. You want to make it harder, that's fine. But let's do it after 20 paces or something? It seems to be random, taking 1 step back, falling and get assraped by 5 looters? It makes it very hard, and no 1 is arguing the start of brytenwalda is hard. It might have been a nice idea on paper, but on the field it is unbearable

El-Diablito said:
Idibil said:

Idbil I'm not ******** kidding. Go outside on the grass and walk backwards while looking forward, I'm not exactly what you call fit and I can run backwards. Then try walking backwards in rough terrain without looking, not hard either. This isn't a very realistic feature, this is another feature that, forgive me for saying, is just an utterly dumb attempt at realism.

Still downloading so can't rly comment that much about this. However, as an owner of a full 6:1 chainmail with plates I can tell you that things that you do in shorts and sneakers are extreamly hard to do in 25kg iron. I can't even look down on my feets when I walk down the stairs without risking to fall on my nose.  Things are harder in the heat of battle and while wearing to much iron.  :wink:

Rigor said:
However, as an owner of a full 6:1 chainmail with plates I can tell you that things that you do in shorts and sneakers are extreamly hard to do in 25kg iron. I can't even look down on my feets when I walk down the stairs without risking to fall on my nose.  Things are harder in the heat of battle and while wearing to much iron.  :wink:

Sure, but you do not start with a chain mail in Brytenwalda :wink: If you trip this much with a linen shirt and some simple boots, then you do have a problem :wink:

I both walked and ran backwards in chain and half-plate on a grassy field in real life not that long ago, and I didn't stumble or fall over. Unless you've got cerebral palsy or something you won't trip unless you're going downhill or running on nothing but jagged stones  :lol:

All this needs is a disable button, because one thing is making it harder, another is making it infuriating. For example, my heavily armored guy is trying to fight three serfs. What happens? He takes one step backwards, falls down like a circus clown, they circle around him and backstabs him for critical damage. The AI is certainly not dumb, and giving it both shield bash AND yourself the stumble handicap is just way too much on my opinion.

And take tournaments. You ALWAYS end up with a spear against a spear, and you HAVE to walk backwards to ever hope to get a hit in. But that's not gonna happen because if you DO walk even one step backwards you fall, then get a spear up your buttocks. Tournament over.

Back
Top Bottom