SP Oriental Fate of the Dragon - Three Kingdoms Mod/Cancelled

Users who are viewing this thread

butscrew said:
Aetheus said:
Back on topic: Good luck with the mod. I always found DW to be a fun game, and while I'll admit that I mostly played it to get the feel of being a "one man army", I was still entranced by the Chinese setting of the game (although I'm pretty sure that most Chinese women of the time din't smack soldiers with giant lethal boomerangs). There's plenty of focus on western mods around here (I think there's been atleast 5 Europe mod attempts for 1.011 alone?), which is fine and all, but a little spotlight on Asian history never hurts.  :wink:

The Nanman are actually Vietnamese they fought off the Sun led by Sun ce, so the chick your talking about wasn't Chinese. DW6's combat system sucks, its all about getting on a roll but health is not easy to come by and enemy archers are plenty. You can't have a Romance of the Three Kingdoms without insanely powerful generals. Thats how it was in the novel 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms,' all the heroes were powerful, heck ZhaoYun rode through a 10,000 strong army to deliver Liu Bei's son to him. Liu Bei then threw his son to the ground giving the kid brain damage and berating Zhao Yun for risking his life for his son and wife. Anyway you will have to make the North Kingdom (Wei) with the strongest cavalry.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Nanman never actually fought Wu (though then again, "Wu" din't even exist in Sun Ce's time),  in any significant battles. Maybe the occasional skirmish by the local border control? And yeah, I knew that Lady Zhu Rong wasn't Chinese (heck, she doesn't even exist to begin with), but all the other lady fighta's in the game used ... fans. :neutral:

Also, read on the first page that you were gonna allow a bit of historical inaccuracy in terms of character appearances. I only hope you do it discreetly - a fleet of Nanman troops led by Zhang Jiao and riding on a warship steered by Lu Bu would just seem weird.  :mrgreen:

I strongly suggest you read a bit about Vietnamese history in regards to the Sun and Vietnamese conflict. It will answer any questions you have about the Sun attempts to conquer the Vietnamese, also they did attack Nanman in the novel with the help of Zhuge Liang (not sure if other Shu members were there), they got their butts kicked by the climate. Also 'Wu' didn't exist in Sun Ce's time? What? Sun Ce was the leader of Wu at one point, when he died Sun Quan took over. I must of missed the part in the novel after Sun Jian got killed in a rock fall fighting pirates and Sun Ce took over and decided to abolish Wu all of a sudden. I somehow don't remember it that way.

Oh and Zhu Rong is actually based on the Vietnamese lady warrior (princess?) who led the troops againest the Sun.

Oh whoops a screw up on my part. I meant to say Wu under the command of Sun Quan, not Sun Ce.

We really should stop trying to confuse the maker of the mod with all this Romance of the Three Kingdoms extreme lore. Use the games mate, they are easier to follow. Work on the easy models first too, like Xiahou Dun's scimitar and Xiahou Yuan's mace I forget which game that one was in but it looks a bit like a kanabo.

Also one of the maces in the OSP packs (Talak's I believe), a flanged mace looks very much like Huang Gai's mace in the Dynasty Warriors series.

butscrew said:
No, there is a faction that you named yourself after, possibly. Cao Cao would have the Xiahou brothers after the yellow turban rebellion and the Nanman had like a couple of scrolls devoted to them.

The warriors of Shu fought with Yuan Shao againest Dong Zhuo (one of the earliest chapters after the red/yellow turban rebellion), so I think Shu was around when Yuan Shao was.

Still I think that the heroes should be powerful enough to take on a lot of men at the same time. Considering that was a HUGE part of the story. It was a story based on history. It wasn't totally a true story. So the thing is, are you using history for your mod setting or the historical novel based on this period in history.

i was jk

butscrew said:
I strongly suggest you read a bit about Vietnamese history in regards to the Sun and Vietnamese conflict. It will answer any questions you have about the Sun attempts to conquer the Vietnamese, also they did attack Nanman in the novel with the help of Zhuge Liang (not sure if other Shu members were there), they got their butts kicked by the climate. Also 'Wu' didn't exist in Sun Ce's time? What? Sun Ce was the leader of Wu at one point, when he died Sun Quan took over. I must of missed the part in the novel after Sun Jian got killed in a rock fall fighting pirates and Sun Ce took over and decided to abolish Wu all of a sudden. I somehow don't remember it that way.

Oh and Zhu Rong is actually based on the Vietnamese lady warrior (princess?) who led the troops againest the Sun.

Oh whoops a screw up on my part. I meant to say Wu under the command of Sun Quan, not Sun Ce.

We really should stop trying to confuse the maker of the mod with all this Romance of the Three Kingdoms extreme lore. Use the games mate, they are easier to follow. Work on the easy models first too, like Xiahou Dun's scimitar and Xiahou Yuan's mace I forget which game that one was in but it looks a bit like a kanabo.

Also one of the maces in the OSP packs (Talak's I believe), a flanged mace looks very much like Huang Gai's mace in the Dynasty Warriors series.

thanks i know im basing it on the games

You might take a look at the Chinese forum, for they are already various versions of ancient China map been made...

This particular link is a sub-mod of 108 heroes, where mainly a China map replaced the Calradia original map, and some Dynasty Warriors models for main Generals, the soldiers models mainly were from the Tripartition mod.
http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=69619&extra=page%3D1

I've read you've done Unique faces, can you detail a bit how have you done? As Asian faces are quite difficult with the current face models, despite the re-texturing can do part of the work.
Here under is a sample of face-modified texture I've done for the incoming Chinese Mod (still WIP) "Dynasty Warriors - Romance of 3 Kingdoms", this one could be fitted for Zhang Fei for instance.

mb20copy.jpg

Oh, you can check my signature hereunder where there are 2 Chinese characters links, they are my screenshots from the sub-mod I've mentioned above.

Edit: your avatar is much Japanese oriented

Shjn said:
You might take a look at the Chinese forum, for they are already various versions of ancient China map been made...

This particular link is a sub-mod of 108 heroes, where mainly a China map replaced the Calradia original map, and some Dynasty Warriors models for main Generals, the soldiers models mainly were from the Tripartition mod.

I've read you've done Unique faces, can you detail a bit how have you done? As Asian faces are quite difficult with the current face models, despite the re-texturing can do part of the work.
Here under is a sample of face-modified texture I've done for the incoming Chinese Mod (still WIP) "Dynasty Warriors - Romance of 3 Kingdoms", this one could be fitted for Zhang Fei for instance.

mb20copy.jpg

Oh, you can check my signature hereunder where there are 2 Chinese characters links, they are my screenshots from the sub-mod I've mentioned above.

Sweet dude....

Shjn said:

That is awesome. Is there a download link somewhere on that page? I can't find one with Rikaichan.

Woo, been a while since I've posted.

I'm a bit dusty on my TK history, but if you're going have Lu Bu succeeding Dong Zhuo, and a historical mod, shouldn't it be Guo Jia or Li Jue who succeeds Dong Zhuo? The pair effectively took control of Chang An after Dong Zhuo's death, and became tyrant kingdom 2.0

Nightlite mate, the Brewitt version of ROTK is available for free online at http://threekingdoms.com/

Also, an idea, isn't it possible to make officers roam around with their troops? I'd say the solution to the Xia Pi crisis would be to have one of the belligerents (probably Lu Bu) just have a strong roaming army that is capable of taking over a castle.

Personally, I'd give him Shen Pei (who was probably the most loyal of his officers) and then another person. Yan Liang and Wen Chou were probably Yuan Shao's must renowned (in terms of battling) officers, but Zhang He might be a more interesting choice.

map2.gif

map_rtk.jpg

Also, to be very very technical, the Nanman weren't Vietnamese, they were a mixture of Miao, Bai, and Thai.

Cool to see someone taking up a Three Kingdoms mod. Hopefully this one fares better than the last, and best of luck with it! :grin:

Shjn said:

mb20copy.jpg

Hey thats really really good as for the unique faces hopefully ill get some screenshots.

Sinroth said:
Also, an idea, isn't it possible to make officers roam around with their troops? I'd say the solution to the Xia Pi crisis would be to have one of the belligerents (probably Lu Bu) just have a strong roaming army that is capable of taking over a castle.
map2.gif

Ive already made Lu Bu a roaming army with around 300 men. Also ive made Zhang Jiao and the Yellow Turbans as roaming armies.

I think it would be a good idea to put in different scenario choices. Before starting the game (in the character creation process) there should be some choices as to what scenario you wish to play in. Maybe ones based on the romance of the three kingdoms games series (my favorite is ROTK VII). For example: In the first scenario, there's just mostly small armies except for the yellow turbans, who own a few cities (I think around the Wan area). Then in the next scenario, Dong Zhuo has come to power. Then eventually the final scenario will be the three kingdoms finally fullfilled.

I also found a list of some items you can use and their original owners. http://kongming.net/7/item/
Thats a great website and there's plenty more information you can find there.

Heres a map of what the first scenario might look like:
map1.jpg
The reddish-brown on the far left is Han Sui. Below that is Ma Teng I believe. Then the blueish area to the right of that is He Jin. To the right of that is the Yellow Turbans (yellow land). And I believe the red to the right of that is Sun Jian. The Greenish-blue above He jin might be Ding Yuan, but Im not sure. The orange at the top might be Gonsung Zan, and Im not sure about the right of that. The green on the very bottom is Shi Xie. The problem with this one is that there are too many vacant territories. I guess you could just fill them in with random lords (prefects). And eventually they just get absorbed into the other kingdoms.

Edit: I meant to add in these pictures too. They could be used as flags for Wei, Wu, and Shu:

3k_hwei300.jpg

^Wei
3k_hwu300.jpg

^Wu
3k_hshu300.jpg
^Shu

Also taken from kongming.net, so you may want permission from them to use these.

I also meant to add this: http://simrtk.net/viewtopic.php?p=1151144#p1151144
Theres a detailed map on this page that you can use to make your locations. Scroll down to the next post on that forum and theres an empty map that has all the important locations numbered and listend below. Btw thats the forum for 'SimRTK', so the first map is fictional.

Drallius said:
I think it would be a good idea to put in different scenario choices. Before starting the game (in the character creation process) there should be some choices as to what scenario you wish to play in. Maybe ones based on the romance of the three kingdoms games series (my favorite is ROTK VII). For example: In the first scenario, there's just mostly small armies except for the yellow turbans, who own a few cities (I think around the Wan area). Then in the next scenario, Dong Zhuo has come to power. Then eventually the final scenario will be the three kingdoms finally fullfilled.

I also found a list of some items you can use and their original owners. http://kongming.net/7/item/
Thats a great website and there's plenty more information you can find there.

Heres a map of what the first scenario might look like:
map1.jpg
The reddish-brown on the far left is Han Sui. Below that is Ma Teng I believe. Then the blueish area to the right of that is He Jin. To the right of that is the Yellow Turbans (yellow land). And I believe the red to the right of that is Sun Jian. The Greenish-blue above He jin might be Ding Yuan, but Im not sure. The orange at the top might be Gonsung Zan, and Im not sure about the right of that. The green on the very bottom is Shi Xie. The problem with this one is that there are too many vacant territories. I guess you could just fill them in with random lords (prefects). And eventually they just get absorbed into the other kingdoms.

Edit: I meant to add in these pictures too. They could be used as flags for Wei, Wu, and Shu:

3k_hwei300.jpg

^Wei
3k_hwu300.jpg

^Wu
3k_hshu300.jpg
^Shu

Also taken from kongming.net, so you may want permission from them to use these.

I also meant to add this: http://simrtk.net/viewtopic.php?p=1151144#p1151144
Theres a detailed map on this page that you can use to make your locations. Scroll down to the next post on that forum and theres an empty map that has all the important locations numbered and listend below. Btw thats the forum for 'SimRTK', so the first map is fictional.

thanks may add in different scenarios

Back
Top Bottom