Fantasy mods ideas, start tripping (SP/MP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

Yeah yeah its too early to start planning and stuff, but given all the negativity, the never ending arguments and etc, I thought it would be nice to share a cute community moment and talk about something we could all like.
Now fantasy in Warband had been given in soo many variations and the immersion given in mods like PoP with just the setting, the visuals, the lore was spectacular, now lets translate that to combat, such as magic, spells, riding giant or weird animals, riding... carpets? which with the modding capabilities Bannerlord will have I think we can all agree that a better approach can be achieved in that term, not to mention non human races (orcs, dwarfs, whatever modders comes up with) can be worked on more easily, the possibilities are endless, so what little (or big) stuff can you come up with?
My dream is to have a multiplayer PW mod like, with a fantasy setting added to the world, the roleplaying capabilities would be huge and the combat would be sick as ****, of course, this is dreaming, in the world of what can be achieved and what not its another chat

I hope the modding system is expanded so that broken and powerful magic like reviving undead armies or spawning in ninjas to fight for you by throwing a magic scroll is possible

i mean, im just excited for the game in general, but im really excited for the mod support. from the devblogs they make it sound like this game is going to be a modders haven of creativity and inspiration.

Mechanic wise I would like four legs races (you can use invisibile rider in warband to simulate It).
Also an umbrella weapon that Is both shield and spear in the same time would be interesting.

vota dc said:
Also an umbrella weapon that Is both shield and spear in the same time would be interesting.

Been watching something?

Can't wait to see what will come with the modding tools.

As far as fantasy mods go, magic systems, I want wizards to be a complete mixup for Bannerlord's vanilla state. In battle being able to do fun things like chain lighting or fireballs sure that's standard, but I want to see what they can do on the campaign map. Maybe teleport raiding hosts behind enemy lines, use magic to breach fortifications before a siege assault, ravage enemy armies with plagues to thin their ranks, summon undead Ghouls or Zombies from the fallen in battle as a cannonfodder troop type etc.

Aside from  must haves (lotr, got) I'm most interested in original settings made by modders. Magic as a mechanic is tricky, because other than colorful, sparky projectiles BL may not be suited to it.
Magical beings and quest plots that revolve around magic are a whole other story of course.

A Redanian Called Boris said:
But I want to see what they can do on the campaign map. Maybe teleport raiding hosts behind enemy lines, use magic to breach fortifications before a siege assault, ravage enemy armies with plagues to thin their ranks, summon undead Ghouls or Zombies from the fallen in battle as a cannonfodder troop type etc.
Ah yes, totally, and obtaining mages or becoming one should be interesting too, if they created Knight Orders for PoP I cant even imagine the possibilities to expand it into Bannerlord, of course this almost sounds DLC wise, even though almost every good mod for warband is dlc wise lmao

Dudese said:
I hope we can create realisting looking wing-skelett.
I also hope that flying can be implemented.
Angels like in Heroes of Might and Magic or Angels like in Diablo would be so cool.
By the way, I have never seen a diablo mod.
I have no idea of modding but apparently creating skeletons is way easier now and has tons of support (???), well the only "flying" I saw was in the mod Evlat but its just for a quite short secondary mission where you fly in a carpet. And in Bear Force 2 you could tecnically fly with the mandalorian jetpack, so yeah it could be made, not sure how hard to make would it be with wings tho

Oxtocoatl said:
Aside from  must haves (lotr, got) I'm most interested in original settings made by modders. Magic as a mechanic is tricky, because other than colorful, sparky projectiles BL may not be suited to it.
Magical beings and quest plots that revolve around magic are a whole other story of course.
That's exactly what I hope for too, TLD in Bannerlord should be beautiful, but players making their own stories and settings using BL as a medium would be beautiful too.
I saw a blog long time ago about fire mechanic, and there was a gif with a lighting ball moving around, I guess showcasing light mechanics or idk, but modders can definitely make use of that in order to create spells and etc. I know it's hard to come around to it, but given the amount of stuff modders have added into the game already magic isn't a surprise or an impossible for me.

I wonder if it allows some dirty tricks to save space and work.
For example if you put a horse's head in the tip of a staff as a mace and save as a new item will it require hard disk even if you didn't really introduced new graphics?
Also if you just increase the size of a chicken can it be a new cavalry or non horse/camels aren't good for that role for skeleton reason?

I'm thinking about trying to put together a TES mod. Start it out with just a sandbox mode at a nondescript point in the late 2nd Era. In later versions add on additional features and make the campaign explicitly set during Tiber Septim's rise to power, starting with him as a general to King Cuhlecain and then gaining the throne to start off the Tiber Wars.

Back
Top Bottom