Failing create own country quest?

Users who are viewing this thread

So I have been trying to capture a castle for apparently 10 years. The quest failed, can I no longer make my own faction?

Second question, why is this a quest? It makes 0 logical sense that I need anything, but sheer power and domination to make my own faction. In reality you shouldn't even need a fief to have your own faction. I've been executing the crap out of everyone, I have about 150 soldiers and take on groups double my size, but since they are like cockroaches there are another 300 at the castle by the time I have built siege engines.

(Need to tone down how easy recruits are to get. Every fight is 1,000,000 recruits being moed down by my line of palatine archers. Game is literally impossible if you are trying to be honorable and not pillage/execute because recruits respawn so fast or there are too many offered at each village.)

The whole quest idea (I guess) is for story, but it makes no sense at all and detracts from the fantasy of the entire game.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me on my first playthrough, i don't think you can create a faction without the quest but i'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:
They hacked together story mode as a way to push kingdom creation into an unfinished game. There isn't a true sandbox experience to be had, not without mods anyway.

Had the same problem. They fixed it in the last patch, I think.

Here's how you can fix older saves (you can't finish the quest though).

1. Download Developer console from Nexus and put the extracted file into Bannerlord Modules folder.
2. Start game and open dev console (in my case it was ctrl plus §)
3. type: campaign.create_player_kingdom. (It will show you the option once you start typing.

Also try the Banner creator mod and the "change kingdom color to primary Banner colour" mod.

Back
Top Bottom