Extra menu options for debugging and testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

TheVaporousFern

It's been a while since I modded or even played Warband, but the last time I did, I recall somehow activating a sort of extended debugging mode, so to speak. The context menu on the worldmap included options to attach parties to your own, including towns and bandit camps, an options to instantly encounter parties, share prisoners and soldiers, and a few other things. Once a party was encountered, especially towns and villages, there were options far beyond what the normal cheat menus provide. It was all very useful for modding and general playing around.

And it would be very nice if I could just remember how to access them again! I cannot for the life of me remember how I got there in the first place, and I've exhausted what I can think of. Enable Cheats is active. Cheat Menu is active. I've tried Edit Mode. I've tried pressing Ctrl+E in various places. Scene editor works. Tried activating debug mode in the config file. Tried all sorts of other keyboard combos; Ctrl+<stuff>, Alt+<stuff>, Shift+<stuff>, F-Keys, the works. It ain't happening.

Best part is, I don't think I ever truly figured out how I activated it in the first place. Now it's been a year (at least), and I've changed computers and started fresh a few times. The only idea I have left is that it might have been something to do with the mod I was using, but I don't recall it being listed as a feature of the mod and it didn't seem like a mod addition. It seemed like a vanilla feature. Oh, and the mod seems to have disappeared, so I can't very well test that theory.

I'm at the end of my rope and this is bothering me more than it has any right to, so if anyone know what I'm talking about, please jog my memory!

Thank you!

Cheatmenu in the module you were using was likely expanded with new features, as juxtaposed with vanilla Native. There is not really anything you can do if you do not remember the module's name. If you did, you would be able to check if its source code had already been released. If so, then you would be able to merge it with any other module of which the source code is also available.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. The mod was 'Extended Native' from the Steam Workshop. It appears to have vanished, which is sad because it was good.

Well, thanks anyway!

Back
Top Bottom