Expanded Gameplay III (Download v0.95e)

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree totally with the Motom's comment.

I would love to see the new animations with the Expanded Gameplay III mod, oh hell, I would love to see Expanded Gameplay III on Warband with any changes.

And as far I tested mods on WB, there isn't any mod similar to the EG3 mod.

Greetings.

Chel said:
isn't there a mod for Warband that has similar faster paced combat? thats difficult to believe. Perhaps I will have to make it right ..

Prehaps you will  :mrgreen:

Glad to see you're still around Chel!

Splintert said:
Porting this mod would be the greatest thing to happen to Warband. Does anyone actually know how to do it?
SP: find non-native scripts (EG sources are open), move to and adjust in accordance with warband module system
glance through items of  EG2-3 and choose best and useful add them to WB,
convert models, add LODs to satisfy high performance level (especially important if late you're going to do MP)
probably redraw most of textures to be in line with new bumpmap standards
balance items (native with new EG items, if it's needed)
add new, redone old, equip and balance troops
create some new, change old parties: bears, dead, steppe bandits  (most in the last 2 points can be just by copping from M&B module system to WB one, so it's laborious by not difficult)
don't forget some hacks like 700str for perished ones
and finally the main: add some touches of brilliance :smile:

MP: pick out and balance sets of armor, maybe implement some scripts from sp, i'm thinking about reducing proficiency according to weigh, but not sure it's possible in MP.

So... is anyone actually porting this to warband? If not I may have a go myself with the help of my brother, hes a programmer but it may take quite a while to get my bearings with the module since ive not done modding before.

bonkor said:
So... is anyone actually porting this to warband?

I might, slowly... Need to get Warband first, and figure out how its module system changed. In the meantime, can someone who is up to date with modding tell me if the BRFs from M&B can be used in Warband? Or is there a conversion necessary?

Hi chel, as far as im aware the weapons and armour go in fine, although i have not tested holding the weapons i dont get any errors. Not sure about the horse animations yet, havent tested that yet. We already started porting to warband I cant handle the slow motion fighting on warband anymore its terrible and ive got bored of playing anything else. Was looking for your permission before going public but wasnt sure you were on anymore.  If your thinking of porting it yourself you can do that and we wont release our version as public. Or if you want some help porting....  :grin: . Still fairly new to this so its taking a while only have a few hours at night to do the work. anyway nice to hear from you again chel.

bonkor said:
Hi chel, as far as im aware the weapons and armour go in fine, although i have not tested holding the weapons i dont get any errors. Not sure about the horse animations yet, havent tested that yet. We already started porting to warband I cant handle the slow motion fighting on warband anymore its terrible and ive got bored of playing anything else. Was looking for your permission before going public but wasnt sure you were on anymore.  If your thinking of porting it yourself you can do that and we wont release our version as public. Or if you want some help porting....  :grin: . Still fairly new to this so its taking a while only have a few hours at night to do the work. anyway nice to hear from you again chel.

thanks bonkor. Glad you are working on this. Keep going, and release when you see fit, do not wait for me. I do not have warband yet, but I did get a new computer that can run it much better than my old one.

Great to see you here again Chel! I'm glad that you plan to port it to warband... I tryed out all current WB mods but none of them is as good as EGIII. Keep up the good work and good luck in modding :grin:

So, is there still being worked on porting this mod? I played this mod again today on M&B original, and I still like it. It would be great if it gets ported to Warband.

Back
Top Bottom