Ever Realms Reborn- A North American Server

Users who are viewing this thread

Lunakat said:
We perma ban someone and edit the ban list to write when to unban said person. The banlist gets checked by yours truly, every few hours a day.
If that's so then you've got slightly more use out of the feature. In anycase, the server is down so this entire conversation has gotten a bit pointless. You better try to find and stop those nasty DDOSers before it happens again.  :grin:

Edit:
Xaphan said:
My host already black listed the ddoser, we were effected for about 5 seconds before the auto blacklist.

Well there ya go! Now just make sure whoever that trollolo's friends are don't attempt the same thing.  :cool:

Just saying i got a message today saying every pw server is under attack but us.  Not true, we just use a better host.

Xaphan said:
Just saying i got a message today saying every pw server is under attack but us.  Not true, we just use a better host.

You got any idea who's behind it all, with you being "in" and all that  :razz: I don't recall M&B ever really being a target of hackers/DDOSs like CoD or LoL is.

We've shutdown EverRealm and hope all the players that played there would go on to Avalon and enjoy :grin: You better take care of them Peasant

Lunakat said:
We've shutdown EverRealm and hope all the players that played there would go on to Avalon and enjoy :grin: You better take care of them Peasant
Nooooooo......... I still might be banned from ER, but forcing HCRPs to go over to NA_[ :lol: RDM :lol:]_Avalon; now that's nasty. It seems like the past month PW has been in a constant state of change.

Stupid DDOSers, stop attacking video games and go troll ISIS or Ebola. If the NSA catches you you'll get a cookie!

We are handling the randoming.  With any clean banlist it takes a few days to get rid of the baddies. 

So it looks like in a day or two, Ever Realm server will be moving on to a canadian military line so any ddos attempts will be handled smoothly and swiftly :grin: just forwarding the server specs needed to get it going :grin:

Lunakat said:
So it looks like in a day or two, Ever Realm server will be moving on to a canadian military line so any ddos attempts will be handled smoothly and swiftly :grin: just forwarding the server specs needed to get it going :grin:

My cousin knows a guy who knows a guy who's niece's grandfather's daughter's brother-in-law was in the Canadian Army. Does this mean I can get un-permabanned?  :wink:

Blocking a DDoS attack unfortunately is not as simple as blacklisting a single or handful of IP addresses. In many cases like the one that occured the other day it's very hard to differentiate between garbage traffic and legitimate traffic. The datacentre took the appropriate measures to limit disruption to their network infrastructure. The disruption lasted for a short period of time and all customers whom were available for contact at the time of the incident were kept informed.

Hey Xaphan and Froi,

Just wanted you to know that one of your "senior admins" Shane came on the PW-Nova teamspeak today and was bragging about how he sold you(Xaphan) the vps to ddos Ever Realm.  Just hope you know that he publically stated that and tried to cover it up when he found out I was in the same channel lol

Was just funny when Shane was talkin and when Gwae asked him why Peasant would do that, he says that Peasant was annoyed that Ever Realm had the population, so I started talking and Shane started changing the story to him selling the vps aaaafter the Ddos attack by Peasant... guess someone doesn't want to get honorably discharged xD

apperantly according to Peasant/Xaphan, it was Shane who was ddosing Ever Realm... was that the reason he was a senior admin? guilty by association?

Back
Top Bottom