[Europe 1805] Main Topic: General debate, feedback, DOWNLOAD and news.

What are your 2 favourite new units?

• Russian Dragoon

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Swedish Dragoon

Votes: 75 20.7%
  • Danish Dragoon

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Danish Grenadier

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Norwegian Skier

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Saxon Hussar

Votes: 45 12.4%
  • KGL Hussar

Votes: 61 16.8%
  • Moscow musketeer

Votes: 107 29.5%
  • Brandenburger Uhlan

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Russian Hussar

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Quintillius said:
Uh... tell me...

Btw, why "=D"?
Why? The great question is why not. If the question would be why, would the answer be infinidiate. And as the question inherits the depth of the answer will the question be infinidiate, aswell. Considering that one can not answer a question that has no ending, and one can not tell an answer that never ends, would it be sensible not to use one of these "infinidiate" questions. Instead, I ask you why not? Where the elements why you wouldn't do something are limited, they might be many. But yet limited. So in the long term, asking yourself "why not"? instead of why? Will get you alot more time to act, than to answer questions. But then again, if you don't find an answer to why not, do you have a problem. Cause there is allways an element that opposes, and not finding it is devestating, cause you might end up doing something you didn't intend to do. Or even worse, intended too.
'Til next time, take care of yourself... and eachother... goodnight everybody.

*Steve chats with some fat crazy dude from today's show*...

Tell you what?

I started with a project. I never heard of Wings3D, but I had a bit experience on photoshop,
I started with a house. Just a house. I suggest you should start with a house too. Just choose a project :wink:. That's the best way to learn anything.
Some important tricks:

Basic modeling:
- There are 3 thingies what you can select. vertices, edges, faces and objects.
- When you start, select right mouse click, then select cube.
- Click on: the EDGE image, in the center on top
- Now, select an edge of your cube.  Rmouse click; move, select an axis/free modus. =D

Texture modeling:
- Select the FACE image.
- Click on some faces.
- Now, RM click; UV mapping.
- RM click; Segmen by -> projection
- RM click;Continue -> projection normal
- RM click; create texture -> after 'background' click on options -> color -> ok -> ok -> 'x'
- On top, left: Window -> outliner
- RM click; cube1_auv -> make external -> save it anywhere.

Photoshop:
- Open this file.
- edit it
- Save it (ALSO IN .PSD FILE!!)

- Go back to Wings3D
- RM click; cube1_auv -> Refresh
- :wink:.

-------------------------
If you need some more help, ask me :wink:. Maybe with photoshop? Do you have that program? etc.
After a while, you can choose for place it ingame. I could help you with that as well :wink:.

Quintillius said:
Uhm. This is  nonsense. It's only you aren't be able to create an answer.
You're a bright one, aren't you? :smile:

Quintillius said:
I'm not gonna say anything, math wasn't my best subject either.

Quintillius said:
I started with a project. I never heard of Wings3D, but I had a bit experience on photoshop,
I started with a house. Just a house. I suggest you should start with a house too. Just choose a project :wink:. That's the best way to learn anything.
Some important tricks:

Basic modeling:
- When you start, select right mouse click, then select cube.
- Click on: the EDGE image, in the center on top
- Now, select an edge of your cube.  Rmouse click; move, select an axis/free modus. =D

Texture modeling:
- Select the FACE image.
- Click on some faces.
- Now, RM click; UV mapping.
- RM click; Segmen by -> projection
- RM click;Continue -> projection normal
- RM click; create texture -> after 'background' click on options -> color -> ok -> ok -> 'x'
- On top, left: Window -> outliner
- RM click; cube1_auv -> make external -> save it anywhere.

Photoshop:
- Open this file.
- edit it
- Save it (ALSO IN .PSD FILE!!)

- Go back to Wings3D
- RM click; cube1_auv -> Refresh
- :wink:.

-------------------------
If you need some more help, ask me :wink:. Maybe with photoshop? Do you have that program? etc.
After a while, you can choose for place it ingame. I could help you with that as well :wink:.

wow very detailed :eek: thank you very much. yes I have photoshop, Paint.NET, openbrf,..thank you very much for your help :grin:

I think coding is ur best subject :wink:.

6-loopcut.gif
, at top, center the images :wink:. If you don't understand me, Alan de Soisson. (Nice name btw, how did you get it? Is it your real name?)

EDIT:

I should use BRFedit :wink:.

Coding my best subject?
Well we havn't begun software devolopment yet in school, we're starting after christmas. Though I have some Visual Basic experience...

but I do know web devolopment/design quite well. Not superbly though.

Uhm, you are on a school after the secondary school?
I am on my last year at the secondary school =)! Many exams in May  :cry:

So, you are studying for software/ICT?
Nice! What do you as job?

________________________________________________________________________-
Can someone add Yeo to the team? He did some scenes =)? He really MUST be added.

I'm in something called Gymnasium. It's practicly Highschool, but you start at age 16. end at 18. Normally.
And I study Technology/-IT. And as I am 16 and really lazy, do I not have a job.
And btw, I was joking before xD Math is my best subject...

bjorne. said:
I'm in something called Gymnasium. It's practicly Highschool, but you start at age 16. end at 18. Normally.
And I study Technology/-IT. And as I am 16 and really lazy, do I not have a job.
And btw, I was joking before xD Math is my best subject...
We have that in Finland too :razz: And yeah, I'm lazy too, I don't have time for a job  :roll:...

Quintillius said:
I think coding is ur best subject :wink:.

6-loopcut.gif
, at top, center the images :wink:. If you don't understand me, Alan de Soisson. (Nice name btw, how did you get it? Is it your real name?)

EDIT:

I should use BRFedit :wink:.
was amazed to see people's work in making textures like that. cool :cool:
definitely need work hard to make a uniform like that. very nice and beautiful. if I could make like that, i do not have that ability hihihi :roll:

alan de soisson it's not my real name. I only use it when playing Mount Musket Battallion multiplayer and 1866 Multiplayer. This name I got when I was reading Eikou no Napoleon Eroica comics (The Glory of Napoleon comics). he's a fictional character of Napoleon Bonaparte Officers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eikou_no_Napoleon_%E2%80%93_Eroica

well..goodluck for Europe 1805 Mod..glad to see more and more 18th century mod

Back
Top Bottom