[Europe 1805] Main Topic: General debate, feedback, DOWNLOAD and news.

What are your 2 favourite new units?

• Russian Dragoon

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Swedish Dragoon

Votes: 75 20.7%
  • Danish Dragoon

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Danish Grenadier

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Norwegian Skier

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Saxon Hussar

Votes: 45 12.4%
  • KGL Hussar

Votes: 61 16.8%
  • Moscow musketeer

Votes: 107 29.5%
  • Brandenburger Uhlan

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Russian Hussar

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

UPDATE: I'm about to finish the alpha version which I'll send to some people who agreed to test the mod before public release. Besides helping me out with getting rid of the bugs and balancing the game a bit more these people will also post some new screenshots in the new screenshot topic.

Bjorne allowed us to have a few more topics on the forum to keep the overview. This will be the main topic for debate and updates. In future the download link will also be posted here.

The Bug Reports topic is of course for bug reports and the Screenshot topic for screenshots.

The date of the public release now only depends on the amount of bugs found (and the free time I have to fix them).

Also, feel free to help make this mod more known by using one of the banners from the OP. :wink:

EDIT: To the testers: I still want to integrate one more scene before sending the alpha. You'll get it tomorrow (23/11).

shadowarcher said:
EDIT: To the testers: I still want to integrate one more scene before sending the alpha. You'll get it tomorrow (23/11).
Yay!  :grin:
OOooooohhh yeah!!!!!! HEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEEHHHHAAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still stuck on this one issue. I've made some other minor improvements instead. Testing them now. Afterwards I'll try again to retrieve the scenes I made.

Berthout said:
I'm still stuck on this one issue. I've made some other minor improvements instead. Testing them now. Afterwards I'll try again to retrieve the scenes I made.

I'll pray for you  :wink:

Can't wait to try it!!!

Hey really looking forward to this mod, looks like it will be great! This might have been discussed earlier (just too lazy to scroll through 30 or so pages) but i was wondering if the defendersaim during sieges have been addresed in this version. In the last one i played(napoleonic minimod) the defenders were unable to hit any attackers due to some sort of bug. anyway looks great cant wait to play on a european map

With the help from some people on the forum I managed to solve the problem.

The alpha has been send to the testers. Expect some new screenshots in the screenshot topic!

Also, the mod has now entered a new stage in development. A public release can be expected very soon...

dubmanorange said:
Hey really looking forward to this mod, looks like it will be great! This might have been discussed earlier (just too lazy to scroll through 30 or so pages) but i was wondering if the defendersaim during sieges have been addresed in this version. In the last one i played(napoleonic minimod) the defenders were unable to hit any attackers due to some sort of bug. anyway looks great cant wait to play on a european map

Never heard of that bug. Might it be the issue that the players aim is off when shooting down? That is a M&N problem and hasn't changed. But except for that I haven't noticed any problems.

Question: What particle system are you using? Since I saw MM's awesome have I been inspired to make a new one aswell. With muzzleflash and quite some whiter smoke. And making it act more realistic and not to mention emit from the muzzle not the stock.
Just wondered if you're in on making a great one together?

I made a new one too. It's probably not the most fancy ever, but it's always hard to keep a balance between the visual effects and the speed of the game (and thus battle size).

Did you have a look at the one I made?

Any chance you have a screenshot/movie of the muzzle flash used in MM? I tried to make it but it didn't look good enough to be worth the extra strain on peoples computers.

Their screenshot/video thread is flooded with it.

I suggest we create new particles from scratch. And uses like 2-4 different emits to simulate a fine smoke effect.
Thinking about it. we never need to use more than one emit at the time. first the muzzle flash, then the outcome smoke. then enshorten effect (making it more roundish) and lastly a enlarge and drift away smoke. Hopefully it'll be able to drift both sideways and upways. Making it look like it drifts with the wind.
Time this right and only use the slightest of overlappings, can you most likely create a beautiful and speed-friendly particlesystem.

We can do like you make the smoke particle, then I the muzzle. And we like together try to make the best possible effect. It's gonna be something that might not be done before your release, but still, a real prestige in graphics.

bjorne. said:
Their screenshot/video thread is flooded with it.

I suggest we create new particles from scratch. And uses like 2-4 different emits to simulate a fine smoke effect.
Thinking about it. we never need to use more than one emit at the time. first the muzzle flash, then the outcome smoke. then enshorten effect (making it more roundish) and lastly a enlarge and drift away smoke. Hopefully it'll be able to drift both sideways and upways. Making it look like it drifts with the wind.
Time this right and only use the slightest of overlappings, can you most likely create a beautiful and speed-friendly particlesystem.

We can do like you make the smoke particle, then I the muzzle. And we like together try to make the best possible effect. It's gonna be something that might not be done before your release, but still, a real prestige in graphics.

It looks quite good indeed. For now I'll focus on getting the excisting bugs out of the mod but it surely would be worth to make a better particles system.

Oh my god  :shock:.

I played a real battle today and I....

I LIKE IT  =D!! I like this gunpowder era. When I started a battle, I let my men stand on a place on the map and let them hold fire. When the enemy comes (cavalery) I GIVE THEM THE ORDER TO SHOOT THEM ALL DOWN. I never thought I would like it, because the work and much cheats (for modding) I have done.

I also have enough recorded today. Let's create a movie!

EDIT:

Oh my god, this was the version without form ranks kit O__O.

Quintillius said:

I LIKE IT  =D!! I like this gunpowder era. When I started a battle, I let my men stand on a place on the map and let them hold fire. When the enemy comes (cavalery) I GIVE THEM THE ORDER TO SHOOT THEM ALL DOWN. I never thought I would like it, because the work and much cheats (for modding) I have done.

EDIT:

Hehe good you like it! Btw how do you get cavalry?

TheJohan said:
Quintillius said:

EDIT:

Hehe good you like it! Btw how do you get cavalry?

Recruitment is different then in native.

You can still recruit troops in villages but it's too expensive to do unless you are in desperate need for troops.

The normal way is to ask for troops from a warrant officer/major/... (in native this was the prison guard). If you are in the same faction as he is you will be able to recruit troops.

Oh!! The staff guard is really cool =D! Never that ****ty recruitment from village to village more =D!!

I joined Prussia with my 2300 renown =P. I was in Berlin and eated some reserved (A).

Quintillius said:
Oh!! The staff guard is really cool =D! Never that ****ty recruitment from village to village more =D!!

I joined Prussia with my 2300 renown =P. I was in Berlin and eated some reserved (A).

One can hardly expect that a napoleonic era officer gets his troops the same way as a medieval knight, right?  :wink:

Also, when you join a faction you will get a weekly wage depending on your rank (you can see your rank in "reports"). Your rank will go up when your merit (in native: renown) increases.

=D!!
How mmany ranks do you have? I hope around ten  :razz:!?
Also, how much money do you get =D? I'm hoping it's not too low (200 per week, but 20000 per week)

I don't play most of mods a gameweek =P.

Back
Top Bottom