[ENL] League Tables and Fixtures | Spring Cycle Fixtures Posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidMF said:
Holidays are coming, ENL willl be back September now. No time to start new one before summer :razz:

There's still playoffs to be played, and that will drag the competition until July (not sure)

Maynd said:
DavidMF said:
Holidays are coming, ENL willl be back September now. No time to start new one before summer :razz:

There's still playoffs to be played, and that will drag the competition until July (not sure)
The playoffs are expected to finish on time and on schedule. The Week 13 deadline 07/06/2012. The fixture thread for that will go up once I've finished confirming the remaining matches.

I want to open up talks about the future of the scene, over the coming days. That will involve my thoughts and ideas about where it might be nice (or even beneficial) to take things, along with some testing.

captain lust said:
I want to open up talks about the future of the scene, over the coming days. That will involve my thoughts and ideas about where it might be nice (or even beneficial) to take things, along with some testing.

nice to hear that this is not the last cycle of ENL.

BaronDeMoroz said:
captain lust said:

nice to hear that this is not the last cycle of ENL.
Well, as long as we don't troll lust too much, organize matches nicely, and don't make lusticles rage by conceding default wins all over the place, I see little reason for this to end!

Actually there's a possible event. Lust becoming super dedicated to his random gaming stream, reaching thousands of active followers, and no longer having time to dedicate to the bureaucracy of running this nightmare...

:mrgreen:

ANYWAYS, just so I don't get watched, CONGRATULATIONS IG! u gais rox my sox.
except for mordgrim, he's just a fat tryhard that likes to go cycling.

<3

This text is my personal opinion, as a Civilian branch (non-competitive) member of IG who has never played in a single ENL match. Forgive me for referring to IG as 'we' in the following text, I am in no way to be thanked for IG's performance in the competitive scene (other than not lowering it by not taking part).

I'm saddened by dzioOB's characterization of IG as a weak clan, based on one singular instance of them defeating us. Saddened, because this to my mind shows a certain lack of respecting your opponents; a respect I think IG should have earned by this point in its existence. While Trinity performed better in this instance than us, the general feeling amongst us was that we could have performed better as well. I do not mean to say that we consider ourselves better than you, merely that we respect our opponents enough to know that just because we have won against them before does not mean we could not lose to them the next time.

This characterization also discredits all the work IG does to ensure that its members improve both individually and as a member of the team. No matter how experienced the newcomer to the clan is, he is expected to do his best in both regards and can certainly find areas where he can improve.

As a final note, I hope Trinity will stay together and in ENL. Since were that to be the case, the next cycle should turn out to be very interesting.

captain lust said:

Add kerghits.

captain lust said:
As other people have pointed out, winning the ENL is defined in its own way. Being the best team, by the standards of the ENL is defined by the rules of the ENL. Nothing more and nothing less. By the rules of the ENL, IG have shown themselves once again to be the best team around.

All teams participating in the competition know these rules and they know what it takes to win the competition. I think it takes a very cynical person to criticise a team for winning and not being the best by their own arbitrary standards.

I'd like to congratulate IG on their second consecutive ENL championship and commend their perfomances and professionalism throughout the cycle.

thats bull and you know it. If RNGD hand't of had there petty drama's, Then they would done a lot better if not beaten IG, hence trinity would have one the division that everybody  can see they deserve.

Congrats IG but Trinity should retain the right for being bitter, considering they were frankly robbed. RNGD let down the division in that match and gave IG an unfair advantage in the title race. Was embarressing to watch.

Some guys need to chill out , it's just the game not real life when you can actually be drunken which is a quite better perspective of winning the league in game.

Thanks Lust for this cycle , I hope that there will be another legaue which provide more fun that this one :wink:

Killfacer said:
Not really relevant is it when you consider the fact that it came down to round difference. Fact is, RNGD hardly tried in that match. I saw you trying to duel Wezyk with your a pike out in a 1v1 situation which you just don't do if you're trying. I understand that you guys had nothing to fight for and you were simply turning up to keep your Division A status, but lets not pretend you IG would have thrashed you so comprehensively if it had been the same RNGD that Trinity fought.

I don't really understand why nobody else thinks it's a shame that the Division has been decided in such a manner.
Oh so you the Warband primary expert ? The prophecy has finally came true! I've been waiting fot this moment my whole life to say to you that I've never believed in such prophecy.

Down: Yeah you got my point :smile:

Wezyk said:
Killfacer said:
Not really relevant is it when you consider the fact that it came down to round difference. Fact is, RNGD hardly tried in that match. I saw you trying to duel Wezyk with your a pike out in a 1v1 situation which you just don't do if you're trying. I understand that you guys had nothing to fight for and you were simply turning up to keep your Division A status, but lets not pretend you IG would have thrashed you so comprehensively if it had been the same RNGD that Trinity fought.

I don't really understand why nobody else thinks it's a shame that the Division has been decided in such a manner.
Oh so you the Warband primary expert ? The prophecy has finally came true! I've been waiting fot this moment my whole life to say to you that I've never believed in such prophecy.

What are you even on about?

All I did was state it was a shame to see the division decided in such a manner and you come out with some bizarre, nonesensical sarcastic drivel?

Cleric_Johnson said:
captain lust said:
As other people have pointed out, winning the ENL is defined in its own way. Being the best team, by the standards of the ENL is defined by the rules of the ENL. Nothing more and nothing less. By the rules of the ENL, IG have shown themselves once again to be the best team around.

All teams participating in the competition know these rules and they know what it takes to win the competition. I think it takes a very cynical person to criticise a team for winning and not being the best by their own arbitrary standards.

I'd like to congratulate IG on their second consecutive ENL championship and commend their perfomances and professionalism throughout the cycle.

thats bull and you know it. If RNGD hand't of had there petty drama's, Then they would done a lot better if not beaten IG, hence trinity would have one the division that everybody  can see they deserve.

Congrats IG but Trinity should retain the right for being bitter, considering they were frankly robbed. RNGD let down the division in that match and gave IG an unfair advantage in the title race. Was embarressing to watch.

Internal team issues happen in ALL sports. It's rare, it's circumstancial, but it happens. Nothing can be done about it, just gotta suck it up. I'm pretty sure RNGD feel worse than you.
Don't hate RNGD, they just won a tough Nations Cup themselves, it's natural their focus couldn't be entirely the same in 2 tournaments/leagues.

Harkon Haakonson said:
Cleric_Johnson said:
captain lust said:

Internal team issues happen in ALL sports. It's rare, it's circumstancial, but it happens. Nothing can be done about it, just gotta suck it up. I'm pretty sure RNGD feel worse than you.
Don't hate RNGD, they just won a tough Nations Cup themselves, it's natural their focus couldn't be entirely the same in 2 tournaments/leagues.

These things happen is neither a explanation or a decent excuse. Regardless the fact remains RNGD robbed trinity of the title. I dont hate RNGD, im not in trinity so it really didnt effect me. What was effected was the integrity on the ENL. RNGD let down the division. Being in two competetions shouldn't matter, if as you believe people are incapable of playing in two computer game tournemants at the same time (bizzare opinion), then they shouldnt enter both.

Cleric_Johnson said:

Shut up, you're just making a fool out of yourself.

I'm pretty sure RNGD didn't choose to have their "dramas" to sabotage the league, they wouldn't need drama to do that at all. It's quite obvious that many of the players had other things on their mind leading up to the match (e.g. Nations Cup) and your entire argument is based on the assumption that RNGD will beat IG every time they face each other, which is absurd.

Why don't you blame Inquisition for letting IG win?
They lost to IG 13- 3 right at the start, but should clearly be the winners after defeating trinity 10 - 4. They obviously just let IG win in order to sabotage the league blah blah blah.

At the end of the day it doesn't even matter who won, lots of teams played well throughout the tournament and should be congratulated for their achievements.  I just feel it's childish to start trying to discredit and humiliate a team that lost one of their matches (for whatever reason) simply because you don't like the winner.

crazyboy11 said:
Cleric_Johnson said:

Shut up, you're just making a fool out of yourself.

I'm pretty sure RNGD didn't choose to have their "dramas" to sabotage the league, they wouldn't need drama to do that at all. It's quite obvious that many of the players had other things on their mind leading up to the match (e.g. Nations Cup) and your entire argument is based on the assumption that RNGD will beat IG every time they face each other, which is absurd.

Why don't you blame Inquisition for letting IG win?
They lost to IG 13- 3 right at the start, but should clearly be the winners after defeating trinity 10 - 4. They obviously just let IG win in order to sabotage the league blah blah blah.

At the end of the day it doesn't even matter who won, lots of teams played well throughout the tournament and should be congratulated for their achievements.  I just feel it's childish to start trying to discredit and humiliate a team that lost one of their matches (for whatever reason) simply because you don't like the winner.

Shut up your making a fool of yourself. No you are, i dont come in insulting people in the middle of a debate you prat.

Thanks for you fantastic input. You dont answer any points and then just say its childish. Dont be rude and grow up.

Frankly it looks like you can plainly see they were robbed hence your only reaction is to insult someone who was just calmly pointing out that they thought trinity were hard done by. Grow up.

Just to sum up my position in it before any more people post bizarre comments like Wezyks':

I'm aware nothing can be done about it now and I don't think it would be right to do anything about it. It is however a shame that the title race was effected by the internal difficulties of one clan. Furthermore, Trinity certainly have the right to feel aggrieved over what has happened because when it comes down to it, the match they fought against RNGD was clearly more difficult. All the same it was a good performance by IG and congratulations to them. I still think that it's right to mention that Trinity were unlucky and perhaps deserving of better.

I'm pretty sure Cleric is trying to say the same thing. So don't get all butthurt and defensive.

@Crazyboy

As amazing as strawmen about Inquisition sabotaging the league and stupid subjective comments about whether someone likes a clan or not are, it's not really relevent and you're just coming across a little bit sore.

ENL is intended to show the strength of the clan, in accordance with the rules of ENL.
In addition there is the generally accepted notions of  forces (military might), I will mention only some of them:
1. power
2. interaction
3. command
4. skills
5. The ability to mobilize as soon as possible
6. The capacity for long-term confrontation.
7. Allies and friends.
8. quantity
9. Discipline.

Discipline is something that has become a weak point RNGD. I believe that the IG is deservedly won - they had no discipline problems.

P.S. I like RNGD.

Jesus just stop this ad hominem towards RNGD.

They freaking won a Nations Cup, I DOUBT THEY HAD DISCIPLINE PROBLEMS.

Honestly, much more serious occurrances happen and noone whines about them. For example, Default Wins. They're a huge deal, gamebreaking, league-breaking, and yet they keep happening due to careless procedure by teams. Go yell at people who lose like that before you yell at RNGD for not caring so much for the League towards the end. Even my clan decided to withdraw in the beggining of last cycle when we entered Division A and we saw that we were no longer ready to compete at such a high level after vacations.
Stuff like this happens, especially in videogame competition... It will just make you depressed to react so harshly at this sort of thing, every time.

I think what makes the result slightly unsatisfactory is the idea of a team winning, whilst having actually lost a match to another team. Obviously as has already been pointed out, if this is a fault, it's a fault with the ENL rules as they currently stand rather than with IG. I'm also not saying that IG wouldn't beat Trinity in another re-match/play-off sort of thing, just that in terms of actual matches played, they did lose to Trinity, and yet won the ENL because they had a slightly better round difference.

Congratulations to IG, but the victory doesn't really feel complete.

Back
Top Bottom