- Best answers
This thread will contain all information about the standings of the teams in each division and all match fixtures (fixture threads will also be posted, on a weekly basis, for each league). The league tables will be updated regularly and a matchlog will be kept.
Special thanks to Lord Willy, for his help formulating the league system and other discussions about the tournament format. An invaluable sounding board with great suggestions and ideas.
|Lvl||=||Level (Division C only)|
17/03/2012 - Trinity 16-0 SYNDICATE_BT_Invisible
18/03/2012 - Guard of Istiniar 13-3 Inquisition
18/03/2012 - Court of Reveran 15-1 Bohemian Guard
29/03/2012 - Team Rush Rush 0-16 Renegades
22/03/2012 - Guard of Istiniar 16-0 Bohemian Guard
25/03/2012 - Trinity 9-7 Renegades
27/03/2012 - Court of Reveran 6-9 Team Rush Rush
31/03/2012 - SYNDICATE_BT_Invisible 7-8 Inquisition
05/04/2012 - Renegades 16-0 Court of Reveran
08/04/2012 - SYNDICATE_BT_Invisible 6-10 Team Rush Rush
21/04/2012 - Inquisition 15-1 Bohemian Guard
22/04/2012 - Trinity 11-4 Guard of Istiniar
12/04/2012 - Bohemian Guard 1-14 Trinity
14/04/2012 - Court of Reveran 2-13 Inquisition
06/05/2012 - Renegades 0-16 SYNDICATE_BT_Invisible
06/05/2012 - Team Rush Rush 2-14 Guard of Istiniar
29/04/2012 - Renegades 9-7 Inquisition
29/04/2012 - Bohemian Guard 0-16 SYNDICATE_BT_Invisible
29/04/2012 - Team Rush Rush 6-10 Trinity
30/04/2012 - Guard of Istiniar 15-0 Court of Reveran
10/05/2012 - Court of Reveran 1-15 Trinity
14/05/2012 - Renegades 11-5 Bohemian Guard
27/05/2012 - SYNDICATE_BT_Invisible 5-11 Guard of Istiniar
02/06/2012 - Inquisition 9-7 Team Rush Rush
20/05/2012 - Trinity 4-10 Inquisition
21/05/2012 - Guard of Istiniar 11-3 Renegades
29/05/2012 - SYNDICATE_BT_Invisible 11-5 Court of Reveran
03/06/2012 - Team Rush Rush 13-3 Bohemian Guard
Division A is comprised of 8 teams. It is the top division in the ENL and the winner of this division might be considered the best team in European Warband. At the end of each league cycle, the teams which place 7th and 8th will be relegated to Division B. The team that places 6th will face a team from Division B or C in a playoff match. The winner of this match will join Division A in the next cycle and the loser will join Division B.
11/03/2012 - Deutschritter 9-7 Kreuzritter
11/03/2012 - Refesesesesferes 14-2 Les Chevaliers D'Honneur
11/03/2012 - Sons of Emperor 2-14 Order of Malta
11/03/2012 - Order of the Lion 2-14 Wolfpack
13/03/2012 - Risen to Fight 6-10 Warsong Clan
17/03/2012 - Les Chevalliers d'Honneur 6-10 Deutschritter
17/03/2012 - Wolfpack 8-7 Sons of Emperor
18/03/2012 - Order of Malta 6-10 Refesesesesferes
18/03/2012 - Warsong Clan 13-3 Order of the Lion
18/03/2012 - Risen to Fight 9-6 Kreuzritter
25/03/2012 - Deutschritter 12-4 Sons of Emperor
25/03/2012 - Les Chevaliers D'Honneur 15-1 Order of the Lion
25/03/2012 - Order of Malta 7-9 Risen to Fight
25/03/2012 - Wolfpack 5-11 Warsong Clan
01/04/2012 - Kreuzritter 5-11 Refesesesesferes
29/03/2012 - Warsong Clan 12-4 Order of Malta
31/03/2012 - Risen to Fight 10-6 Les Chevaliers D'Honneur
31/03/2012 - Kreuzritter 11-2 Wolfpack
01/04/2012 - Order of the Lion 2-14 Deutschritter
-08/04/2012 - Sons of Emperor 7-9 Refesesesesferes
07/04/2012 - Les Chevaliers D'Honneur 7-8 Order of Malta
08/04/2012 - Kreuzritter 16-0 Order of the Lion
08/04/2012 - Sons of Emperor 5-10 Risen to Fight
15/04/2012 - Deutschritter 9-6 Wolfpack
15/04/2012 - Refesesesesferes 14-2 Warsong Clan
21/04/2012 - Sons of Emperor 4-12 Les Chevaliers D'Honneur
22/04/2012 - Risen to Fight 15-1 Wolfpack
22/04/2012 - Order of the Lion 1-15 Order of Malta
22/04/2012 - Kreuzritter 12-4 Warsong Clan
26/04/2012 - Refesesesesferes 2-14 Deutschritter
27/04/2012 - Kreuzritter 9-5 Les Chevaliers D'Honneur
29/04/2012 - Risen to Fight 15-0 Order of the Lion
02/05/2012 - Order of Malta 1-14 Deutschritter
03/05/2012 - Wolfpack 4-12 Refesesesesferes
13/05/2012 - Warsong Clan 6-7 Sons of Emperor
03/05/2012 - Les Chevalliers d'Honneur 13-3 Warsong Clan
06/05/2012 - Deutschritter 11-5 Risen to Fight
13/05/2012 - Kreuzritter 11-5 Sons of Emperor
15/05/2012 - Wolfpack 8-8 Order of Malta
19/05/2012 - Les Chevalliers d'Honneur 11-4 Wolfpack
20/05/2012 - Kreuzritter 11-5 Order of Malta
27/05/2012 - Refesesesesferes 11-5 Risen to Fight
27/05/2012 - Deutschritter 12-4 Warsong Clan
Division B is comprised of 10 teams, sits directly below division A and directly above Division C. The Teams which finish in 1st and 2nd will be automatically promoted to Division A. The team that places 3rd will play in a playoff match against a Division C team. The winner of this match will face the team placed 6th in Division A and the winner of that match will enter Division A next cycle. The loser will enter Division B. The teams in 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th place, at the end of each cycle, will join Division C next cycle.
11/03/2012 - Mongols 0-16 Empire of Sunshine
11/03/2012 - Order of the Knights Templar 1-15 HITMEN
12/03/2012 - Masters of Sword 1-15 Samurai
13/03/2012 - Kharakternyky 15-1 Order of the Rising People
13/03/2012 - Einherjar 8-7 Ithilien Rangers
14/03/2012 - Apis Europae 15-1 Basileia ton Romaion
15/03/2012 - Heroes 10-6 Armata Brancaleone
N/A - Teutonic Knights 16-0 <no opponent>
17/03/2012 - Heroes 12-3 Teutonic Knights
18/03/2012 - Baseleia ton Romaion 9-6 Order of the Knights Templar
19/03/2012 - Ithilien Rangers 13-2 HITMEN
20/03/2012 - Samurai 2-12 Einherjar
22/03/2012 - Order of the Rising People 0-16 Mongols
22/03/2012 - Armata Brancaleone 0-16 Kharakternyky
22/03/2012 - Empire of Sunshine 2-14 Apis Europae
26/03/2012 - Ithilien Rangers 7-9 Empire of Sunshine
26/03/2012 - Baseleia ton Romaion 8-8 Heroes
27/03/2012 - Order of the Knights Templar 10-5 Teutonic Knights
27/03/2012 - Armata Brancaleone 4-11 Samurai
27/03/2012 - Kharakternyky 14-2 Einherjar
29/03/2012 - Order of the Rising People 1-15 Warriors Clan
N/A - HITMEN 16-0 Mongols
N/A - Apis Europae 16-0 <no opponent>
03/04/2012 - HITMEN 4-12 Samurai
04/04/2012 - Einherjar 9-7 Heroes
05/04/2012 - Armata Brancaleone 15-1 Order of the Rising People
05/04/2012 - Order of the Knights Templar 15-1 Warriors Clan
05/04/2012 - Baseleia ton Romaion 7-9 Empire of Sunshine
05/04/2012 - TnT 16-0 Ithilien Rangers
05/04/2012 - Kharakternyky 1-15 Apis Europae
10/04/2012 - Samurai 14-2 Empire of Sunshine
11/04/2012 - Order of the Rising People 0-16 Warriors Clan
11/04/2012 - Heroes 3-12 Apis Europae
11/04/2012 - Kharakternyky 6-10 Einherjar
12/04/2012 - Armata Brancaleone 14-2 Order of the Knights Templar
12/04/2012 - TnT 6-10 HITMEN
N/A - Mandalorian Army 0-16 Baseleia ton Romaion
23/04/2012 - Warriors Clan 1-15 Basileia ton Romaion
23/04/2012 - HITMEN 4-12 Samurai
25/04/2012 - Heroes 4-12 Einherjar
25/04/2012 - Empire of Sunshine 5-11 Kharakternyky
26/04/2012 - TnT 3-13 Armata Brancaleone
N/A - Apis Europae 16-0 <no opponent>
02/05/2012 - Heroes 7-9 Empire of Sunshine
02/05/2012 - Kharakternyky 12-4 Apis Europae
02/05/2012 - TnT 6-10 Einherjar
03/05/2012 - Warriors Clan 0-16 HITMEN
03/05/2012 - Armata Brancaleone 7-8 Baseleia ton Romaion
N/A - Samurai 16-0 <no opponent>
06/05/2012 - Einherjar 3-13 Apis Europae
08/05/2012 - Kharakternyky 6-10 Samurai
09/05/2012 - Empire of Sunshine 16-0 Warriors
10/05/2012 - Armata Brancaleone 10-6 HITMEN
10/05/2012 - TnT 1-15 Heroes
15/05/2012 - Heroes 10-6 Samurai
15/05/2012 - Armata Brancaleone 3-13 Einherjar
17/05/2012 - HITMEN 0-16 Kharakternyky
17/05/2012 - Empire of Sunshine 3-13 Apis Europae
Division C sits below Division B and is the default entry point for all new teams into the ENL, as well as teams relegated from Division B. The format of Division C is quite different to the other two divisions, in that weekly fixtures are not pre determined but are decided each week in a picking process. This is to account for the potentially large amount of teams and possible drop outs from the Division. At the end of the cycle, if the top two teams are separated by 3 points or less, they will take part in a playoff match. The winner of this match will face the team placed 3rd in Division B, while the loser will join Division B. If the team that plays the 3rd placed Division B team wins, they will face the 6th place team in Division A and the winner of that match will join Division A next cycle. The losers of these matches will all join Division B.
Division C - Ladder Format:
Division C, unlike the other divisions is of flexible size (teams may leave and join, throughout the cycle) so it is unfeasible for the same "Round Robin" format to be used. Instead, a ladder format, to suit the specific needs of the division, has been formulated. The details of this are outlined below. Note: This was supposed to be the user friendly version, however I can see that it already looks like the Domesday Book. If anyone has any questions about the ladder, feel free to contact me (steam: captain_of_lust - PM: captain lust).
Points and Ranking:
- Teams are ranked firstly by total points, secondly by rounds won (highest to lowest) and thirdly by round difference (highest to lowest).
- Teams will be given levels, based on their number of wins. 0-2 wins is level 1, 3-5 wins is level 2 and 6+ wins makes a team level 3. These do not impact on the team rankings but play a role in picking and point scoring.
- Teams will earn 3 points for a win against a team of their level or lower, 5 points for a win against a team of a higher level, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss.
- Teams that don't have a fixture, in any given week, will be given 3 points.
- New teams joining the ladder will be entered into the next picking week, along with all the other teams.
- Teams may not join the ladder on the second week.
- Any team that has over 5 times the remaining number of match weeks less in points than the team in 4th place will automatically be frozen. This means they will no longer be eligible for matches. In accordance with this, teams may no longer apply to the ENL if the team in 4th place's points is over 5 times the remaining number of match weeks. Teams will not be frozen during a match week.
- If a team exits from the ladder, all the results of their matches will remain.
Fixture Picking: *The first picking session will take place on 16/03/2011. Fixtures for the first match week (deadline 15/03/2012) will be randomised.
This is where the ladder system is rather unique and special care is necessary for adequate understanding of the rules and principles.
- Fixture picking for the coming week will be done via PMs where each team will list their picking preferences in order. The deadline for these picking PMs will always be friday at 20:00 GMT.
- Picks will only be accepted from team reps, in the first instance. Failing that, if a registered member of that team has made a pick, it will be taken.
- PMs must always and only be sent to captain lust and only when instructed in the match thread for the upcoming week.
- The picking order will be determined by these criteria:
- Firstly, teams with 0 points that were in the tournament the previous week will pick
- Priority within this group will be given firstly to any team that didn't play the previous week and secondly by order of rounds won (highest to lowest)
- Secondly, new teams will pick
- Priority within this group will be random
- From then onwards picking order will be determined by points (lowest to highest)
- For any teams that are equal on points, the order will be determined by rounds won (highest to lowest)
- Firstly, teams with 0 points that were in the tournament the previous week will pick
- If any teams are equal in the picking priority, their order will be determined by a random number generator.
- New teams will not be available for picking, unless they state otherwise in their application.
- Level 1 teams may not pick level 3 teams, unless there are no other options.
- If there are two teams left that are available for picking and one of them did not play in the previous match week, that team must be picked.
- Teams may not pick the team that they played against in the previous match week, unless there are no other options.
- If a team misses their pick, it will be randomised from the next 3 teams in the picking order that lost their last match or are new to the Division. Failing that, the pick will be taken from the next team in the picking order that lost their last match or is new to the Division. Failing that, the pick will be random.
- Along with their pick, teams will be asked to name 3 or more dates for the match to be played on (which must be selected from the Saturday after the pick, to the Thursday deadline of that match week). The picked team must then reply, by midnight (GMT) on the Friday of the pick, on which of these days they wish to play, along with the timeslot (17:30 or 20:00 GMT) of their preference. If the picked team fails to do this, the picking team will decide on the date and timeslot themselves. This will be the Date and Time of the match. If the results of this scheduling process are unsatisfactory to any team, for whatever reason, a league admin should be contacted as soon as possible, to try and resolve the issue. Given the nature of the ladder, matches must be played by the deadline, so there is very little flexibility in the scheduling process.
- It is of paramount importance that teams make every effort to get their weekly matches played, since if it doesn't take place, league admins will have the final say on who gets points and any team judged to have been lackluster in their efforts will be penalised.