Empire:WOC (v1.6x),(.894)-(.960) [Dead]

Should this been updated and ported to WarBand?

• Yes.

Votes: 44 80.0%
  • No.

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I know for sure ranged troops do it if they have another weapon available. I THINK my mounted heroes do if they get dismounted and I've given them both a lance and a 1H weapon.

Can I attack or manage the village in this version? or it will come in next version with give village to vassal in next version ?
and Can I make a hero to be a vassal ? sorry if that a stupid question, I just a Newbie for this game.

yeah i bet that there making the next version of M&B right now but don't ask for the release date forum rule i have done it many times before and i got in trouble :razz: but just wait or ask for a progress report much easier

Boiled Ice said:
Ambaryerno said:
They also have a backup 1H they can switch to close-quarters.

Do AI troops do that automatically?

I've seen lancers switch to their 1h weapon, but it's a rarity. I'll assault a castle and my Hero's with lances will fight with lances instead of their sword...

Can you take over cities in this mod?

By the way, last night it crashed again, I think after I won a battle. Cant remember, but nothing to do with the last troop thing.

Melkor said:
Can you take over cities in this mod?

By the way, last night it crashed again, I think after I won a battle. Cant remember, but nothing to do with the last troop thing.
Yes you can :smile:

I just have to say I'm liking 1.6 a lot.  It's nice to see that you are working on things besides just coding new stuff.  I don't know if you did it yourself of imported it, but either way the game is looking much better!

Command of your vassals REALLY needs to be looked at, as their AI is utterly unreliable at best. Most of the time you send them on a mission and before they get half way there they run off to do something else (trying to get more than one NPC party to the same location is like herding cats!). There must be some way to prioritize commands so anything coming from the player automatically overrides everything else (maybe make it reputation based. The more your vassals like you, the more loyal they'll be). Also, I think there REALLY needs to be a way to get your vassals to join your party in actual assaults on castles and towns like they do for normal field battles, because what ends up happening is the NPC ends up with between 4-5x the size of your party holed up behind the walls (further complicated by the fact that I've yet to see any REAL limit to the size of parties NPCs can have, whereas the player is limited by their renown, charisma and leadership. I'm seeing NPCs with 200 or MORE men in their party) PLUS whatever the garrison is. I've lost track of how many times I just didn't have the manpower to take the place because I couldn't use my vassals in the actual assault, and I couldn't draw the NPCs out from behind their walls where I could wear them down in the field.

Also, I've noticed these changes between 1.5 and 1.6:

1. The dialog to suggest a course of action now reads "Cheat" again (it used to look like a regular dialog option in 1.5).

2. Also, various Cheat options are now appearing even when Cheats are turned off (Like Me, etc., I don't have a full list)

3. Ordering your vassals to attack a specific NPC party now returns the error TODO: No way! This worked under 1.5

4. If you "Join" the Imperial Faction so you don't have to pay to rest at your own towns or castles, it sets your reputation with the Imperial Faction to -100 and the Ardulians to 0. In 1.5 it set Imperial Forces to 100 (down from 10,000) and left the Ardulians at -100. Incidentally, is there a specific reason that your starting reputation with the Imperials is 10,000? Because it drops to 100 the first time you aid a vassal or caravan under attack.

Same problems as Amaryerno.

You send vassals to do stuff and they just dont. I order them to take a city or castle, and they just stand in front of it like idiots, not doing anything.

Figured I'd collect everything I've requested, suggested or found that could be a problem into one convenient post because I've come up with a lot.  :mrgreen:

1. Fix vassal AI so they actually LISTEN to you. Maybe find some way to make it on or off. IE, tell them to follow you, and they follow you indefinitely until you give them another command, then actually have a command that tells them to go do their own thing. Also, think it might be possible to have a "loot every village" command rather than having to target them at one specific farm?

2. Ability to make your Heroes a vassal. For one, after you start conquering territory it gets to be awful much for you and four guys to police the whole thing. :wink:

3. Adjust balance issue of infantry vs. cavalry. Certain enemy foot units shouldn't be nearly as effective against cavalry as they are now(primarily directed against an individual lightly armed or armored unit capable of bringing 1200lbs of horse flesh barrelling into them at full tilt to an instant stop, which is just silly).

4. Fix overwhelming imbalance of top-level units in parties for both the player and NPCs. There's frankly just WAY too many powerful units and not enough of the cannon-fodder levy that made up the majority of real medieval armies. Not sure if this can be done with the existing troop tree models or not, been thinking of different ideas on how modified trees can be arranged.

5. Some Cheat commands available when Cheats are turned off

6. Dialog to issue a command appears as a cheat, when in 1.5 it didn't.

7. Reputation with the Imperial faction is buggy ("joining" drops rep with Imperials to -100 and increases Ardulians to 0)

8. In 1.6 cannot order vassals to attack an enemy party (error TODO: No way!). Worked in 1.5

Also, think it might be possible to activate the capture of enemy NPCs? I thought I saw another mod somewhere that made this work. It'd sure make conquest easier if you could lock those enemy commanders up so they can't keep respawning with another massive army. :wink:

Hi, i began to try the mod (seems really cool :smile:). I just have a bug to report (sorry if it's not the place) : the game crash when i sell the last of my prisonner to the slave trader in Zendar. I tried it twice, it crashed twice.
Still, nice work, i'll keep an eye on this. Bye

hashka said:
Hi, i began to try the mod (seems really cool :smile:). I just have a bug to report (sorry if it's not the place) : the game crash when i sell the last of my prisonner to the slave trader in Zendar. I tried it twice, it crashed twice.
Still, nice work, i'll keep an eye on this. Bye

I think this needs to be stickied so we can have a bug report folder.  The last troop bug has been discussed ad nauseum already!!!  Never remove the last troop from the last position in your troops.  Move them to the next to last position or something before you do that.

Ambaryerno said:
Figured I'd collect everything I've requested, suggested or found that could be a problem into one convenient post because I've come up with a lot.  :mrgreen:

1. Fix vassal AI so they actually LISTEN to you. Maybe find some way to make it on or off. IE, tell them to follow you, and they follow you indefinitely until you give them another command, then actually have a command that tells them to go do their own thing. Also, think it might be possible to have a "loot every village" command rather than having to target them at one specific farm?

2. Ability to make your Heroes a vassal. For one, after you start conquering territory it gets to be awful much for you and four guys to police the whole thing. :wink:

3. Adjust balance issue of infantry vs. cavalry. Certain enemy foot units shouldn't be nearly as effective against cavalry as they are now(primarily directed against an individual lightly armed or armored unit capable of bringing 1200lbs of horse flesh barrelling into them at full tilt to an instant stop, which is just silly).

4. Fix overwhelming imbalance of top-level units in parties for both the player and NPCs. There's frankly just WAY too many powerful units and not enough of the cannon-fodder levy that made up the majority of real medieval armies. Not sure if this can be done with the existing troop tree models or not, been thinking of different ideas on how modified trees can be arranged.

5. Some Cheat commands available when Cheats are turned off

6. Dialog to issue a command appears as a cheat, when in 1.5 it didn't.

7. Reputation with the Imperial faction is buggy ("joining" drops rep with Imperials to -100 and increases Ardulians to 0)

8. In 1.6 cannot order vassals to attack an enemy party (error TODO: No way!). Worked in 1.5

Also, think it might be possible to activate the capture of enemy NPCs? I thought I saw another mod somewhere that made this work. It'd sure make conquest easier if you could lock those enemy commanders up so they can't keep respawning with another massive army. :wink:

Awesome ideas. I hope theres a patch soon, cuz I dont want to play it as is. Whats the fun if the vassals dont respond? I also found it extremely difficult to defeat what should be an inferior troop.

Back
Top Bottom