Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mor2 said:
And that its based on a new game engine (which i bet is beth for modified existing engine), we basically know nothing  :sad: 
i hate hype building, i just hope they release some meaningful dev diary, so i can finally know what to expect.

I think you have some organic aversion to Bethesda, or something :lol:

They've never lied about their technology before, I see no reason to suspect they will this time; if they say it's a new engine, it's most probably new.

@Vadermath, maybe i do, we will have to wait an see  :wink:

btw what do you people think that beth will do in Skyrim, implement FO perk rip off or make a new improved skill system (what you have in mind)?
because i doubt that the average beth fans(who is probably a FO player), know or care about the birthsigns and the skill system after they got used to the perks.

also with no more radio and vintage songs they can buy rights too, i hope they spend picking good soundtracks and avoid the clingy annoying NPC
repeating the same phrase about my recent exploits, there got to be a better way to do this. :???:

mor2 said:
@Vadermath, maybe i do, we will have to wait an see  :wink:

btw what do you people think that beth will do in Skyrim, implement FO perk rip off or make a new improved skill system (what you have in mind)?
because i doubt that the average beth fans(who is probably a FO player), know or care about the birthsigns and the skill system after they got used to the perks.

also with no more radio and vintage songs they can buy rights too, i hope they spend picking good soundtracks and avoid the clingy annoying NPC, repeating the same phrase about my recent exploits  :neutral:

Oh hell no, this is TES after all, Howard himself said a couple of times that they wanna separate the franchises from each other, now that they own 'em both. But if they further simplify Oblivion's skill system... Now that's just distasteful. That's  rape. I still say Morrowind's far superior when it comes to the skille system. But what am I saying? Just give me back my Indoril Armor and my tanto, and I'ma be as happy as a clam.  :mrgreen:

EDIT : As for the soundtrack, methinks Jeremy Soule will do a good job as always. As for NPCs bein' generic as it gets... Well I'm not so sure...

Beth also said that even though Zenimax aquired id, and by proxy, now own the really sexy looking id Tech5 engine, the developers of Skyrim are NOT using it. They said that id Tech5 engine is good for a more linear game like Rage, but they want a different engine that will work for their open-world style of game.

Well, the engine itself was developed in-house, so I guess that explains the 5-year wait between Oblivion and Skyrim. Hope they make the game stable though. And make it as modding friendly as the previous titles.

Beth has a good track record with making their games mod-friendly, which is good news for Skyrim.

on top of that we have a big active modding community, which is a huge pro for any game.

Volkodav said:
As for NPCs bein' generic as it gets... Well I'm not so sure...
just some way to avoid turning every villager into magical all knowing "radios", with a really short playlist set on repeat :neutral:
i too hope, that Jeremy Soule, will continue with TES V, but i seen no indication of that yet  :sad:

Volkodav said:
if they further simplify Oblivion's skill system... Now that's just distasteful. That's  rape. I still say Morrowind's far superior when it comes to the skille system.
Morrowind's skill system only looked good after the travesty of Daggerfall. Oblivion's was far better, though it's hard to see precisely where they could simplify further. Most of the skills are now actually used and useful. The magic skills could perhaps stand some pruning.

I was one of the only people that probably used spears (actually, usually halberds) and throwing weapons in Morrowind. They were ****ty weapons, but were awesome. I hope they bring all of the weapons that were in Morrowind back, it's a bit weird that they went forward in time and suddenly everyone forgot how to use spears, halberds, throwing weapons, and crossbows.

Don't argue with Arch about TES, people, it's like banging your head against a spiked brick wall while standing in flaming quicksand, being bitten by venomous snakes.

Well, we all know Arch's opinions on gaming outweigh any sensible arguments we might have in a discussion with him :razz:

Jokes aside, Oblivion's skill system was quite good actually, I hope they don't change it a lot. But we need spears back in ASAP, with some less generic armor in the vanilla game, it's just that the leveling system (and the fact that the world felt completely unrealistic, with no sense of accomplishment whatsoever) was utter crap. The Morrowind one was just fine. And please, don't get me started on the armor. Okay, I could somehow get past all the kinds of armor being completely generic and uninteresting, but mithril? Seriously? They couldn't refrain from blatantly copying the name like the three ****ing dozens of other RPGs did?

Actually, checking the UESP, Mithril exists since Arena, so they nicked it right from word go, basically.

I sincerely hope they make stealth less over-powered at higher levels, but more, y'know, sensible ? Like actually being able to use a dagger to STAB people and such. And beards. Can't have Skyrim without beards.

Selothi said:
And beards. Can't have Skyrim without beards.
yes please, i just hope those will be beards and not just some darker texture, that looks like something i would have if i stop shaving. :grin:

I wonder what's going to be happening in the story department; the end of Oblivion, afterall, signaled the coming of events far greater and more global than any event in the previous games; the end of the Third Era. With the sacrifice of the Last Septim, there is no Emperor to inherit the throne; according to the novel, I believe, the Empire falls into disarray and the Black Marches, along with Elsweyr, secede from the Empire altogether. The Argonians from the BM then proceed to conquer Morrowind, and the newly destroyed Vvardenfell (the volcano erupted after the Ministry of Truth crashed into the island in Vivec's absence), and the remaining Dunmer flee to Solstheim. But all of this has happened in the timeline spanning the next 4 decades after Oblivion, and we don't know at what time after Oblivion Skyrim will be set. So, for all intents and purposes, some of these events might not have even happened yet.

Vadermath said:
I wonder what's going to be happening in the story department; the end of Oblivion, afterall, signaled the coming of events far greater and more global than any event in the previous games; the end of the Third Era. With the sacrifice of the Last Septim, there is no Emperor to inherit the throne; according to the novel, I believe, the Empire falls into disarray and the Black Marches, along with Elsweyr, secede from the Empire altogether. The Argonians from the BM then proceed to conquer Morrowind, and the newly destroyed Vvardenfell (the volcano erupted after the Ministry of Truth crashed into the island in Vivec's absence), and the remaining Dunmer flee to Solstheim. But all of this has happened in the timeline spanning the next 4 decades after Oblivion, and we don't know at what time after Oblivion Skyrim will be set. So, for all intents and purposes, some of these events might not have even happened yet.

Nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom