Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, there were only a few Dunmer in Oblivion, not exactly an abundant race. Understandably enough, there were more of them in Morrowind than in any other place :razz:

D'Sparil said:
Vadermath said:
The Argonians from the BM then proceed to conquer Morrowind

Ohhh yeah, go argonians! show those pansy elves how it's done!

**** those lizards, Dunmer for life!

Personally the Dunmer irk me...bloody elves

I'm an Argonian fan, nothing like being a giant creepy lizard carrying a knife wearing a hood :razz:

Vadermath said:
**** those lizards, Dunmer for life!
Word!
I remember running around in Morrowind with my Daedric claymore, killin' any lizard I could find, once they weren't key to the plot, of course, and then the guards would come... And after them the guars, maaan... Now those were the days... Just hangin' with my Dunumer homies, chillin' in tha hood, doin' skooma, killin', lizards of course...  :mrgreen:

Or chillin' with some of those slick snake pplz in Akavir. People live a tad longer in TES universe than our Earth standard dude, I'm sure he's pretty ok... OR!!! For us, he was an elf. Elves live thousands of years, goddamnit!

People live longer in TES? Wut? No they don't, as far as I know. Maybe races other than humans. Also, I think we may be fighting another Akavir invasion in TES V; the previous one, afterall, landed in Skyrim as well.

Edit: My mistake, the last invasion landed in Morrowind. I admit to not knowing much about that part of TES lore, Akavir isn't really something I've read about much ingame, or on the wikis.

Vadermath said:
People live longer in TES? Wut? No they don't, as far as I know. Maybe races other than humans. Also, I think we may be fighting another Akavir invasion in TES V; the previous one, afterall, landed in Skyrim as well.

Edit: My mistake, the last invasion landed in Morrowind. I admit to not knowing much about that part of TES lore, Akavir isn't really something I've read about much ingame, or on the wikis.

Well I'm pretty sure they live till modern ages such as 70-100, humans that is. Which is pretty impressive for a medieval setting.

I could be wrong, they don't speak much about ages.

Dryvus said:
I never understood why snake people would choose to invade from the cold north.

Tsaesci are the Akavir snake people, Morrowind was invaded by the people of Kamal, and they're snow demons IIRC.

BadaBoomBadaBang said:
Vadermath said:

Well I'm pretty sure they live till modern ages such as 70-100, humans that is. Which is pretty impressive for a medieval setting.

I could be wrong, they don't speak much about ages.

That's exactly it, I don't remember anyone talking about the human lifespans in Tamriel. And it's definitely not a "medieval" setting. While their technology hasn't evolved from medieval levels, their culture is quite diverse depending on location.

Vadermath said:
ejnomad07 said:
Vadermath said:
ejnomad07 said:

:razz:

I do have a question for you oh mighty wielder of the mythos.

Where is the Morrowind champion the whole time his home is being conquered?

If you're talking about the Nerevarine, then

a) Morrowind isn't his his home, and

b) by the time the lizards invade, he's most probably dead.

Doubtful he's dead, but I did some google searches and I guess he's went on an expedition to Akavir, but has not been heard from since.  Most likely too busy killing people with all his divine blessings.

Oblivion is set at least a decade or two after Morrowind, and the invasion of Morrowind (the province) happens 40 years after Oblivion. The Nerevarine wasn't exactly a youngster when we played him/her, and supposing he isn't immortal at the time, he is either dead or really, really old. Certainly not in a state fit to lead the province against gigantic lizard hordes.

Edit: Holy ****, I could not have been more wrong. Upon wikiing, I realized that Morrowind was actually set 6 years before Oblivion. Still, the Nerevarine chap is an old man at the time the Argonians invade.

Vadermath said:
I wonder what's going to be happening in the story department; the end of Oblivion, afterall, signaled the coming of events far greater and more global than any event in the previous games; the end of the Third Era. With the sacrifice of the Last Septim, there is no Emperor to inherit the throne; according to the novel, I believe, the Empire falls into disarray and the Black Marches, along with Elsweyr, secede from the Empire altogether. The Argonians from the BM then proceed to conquer Morrowind, and the newly destroyed Vvardenfell (the volcano erupted after the Ministry of Truth crashed into the island in Vivec's absence), and the remaining Dunmer flee to Solstheim. But all of this has happened in the timeline spanning the next 4 decades after Oblivion, and we don't know at what time after Oblivion Skyrim will be set. So, for all intents and purposes, some of these events might not have even happened yet.

we have this:
The synopsis for Greg Keyes' The Elder Scrolls: Infernal City at Waterstones is described as:
"A novel that takes places forty-five years after the Oblivion Crisis, which is the story of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game and the expansion pack Shivering Isles. It partly bridges the gap for the next game, which is set 200 years after the Oblivion crisis."

BattleOfValmy said:
Unarmoured_Dunmer_with_Spear_by_Sebyth.jpg
nice, it sure beats the original concept, adding bad ass looks to bad ass race.

Or probably killed and eaten while on an expedition in Akavir... Those snake people are cannibals...  :neutral:
OR!!! He's an elf...  :roll:
Then he's still more-or-less young... For elven standards...

Vadermath said:
Oblivion is set at least a decade or two after Morrowind, and the invasion of Morrowind (the province) happens 40 years after Oblivion. The Nerevarine wasn't exactly a youngster when we played him/her, and supposing he isn't immortal at the time, he is either dead or really, really old. Certainly not in a state fit to lead the province against gigantic lizard hordes.

Edit: Holy ****, I could not have been more wrong. Upon wikiing, I realized that Morrowind was actually set 6 years before Oblivion. Still, the Nerevarine chap is an old man at the time the Argonians invade.

You forget. The Nerevarine is most likely officially Dunmer, and if he's any Elf race he's good for at least a 4 digit lifespan. What with all the gifts Azura gave him. I'm not even sure if he can die from anything short of violence.

If anything he's magical and that seems to extend your lifespan.

ejnomad07 said:
Vadermath said:

You forget. The Nerevarine is most likely officially Dunmer, and if he's any Elf race he's good for at least a 4 digit lifespan. What with all the gifts Azura gave him. I'm not even sure if he can die from anything short of violence.

If anything he's magical and that seems to extend your lifespan.
THAT WAS MY ****ING POINT EXACTLY!!! BUT DO YOU GUYS LISTEN?!? NO!!! Now I'm tellin' ya, that's rank based discrimination, I'll complain to the High Forumite Tribunal...  :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom